Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Im convinced my last name is unique to my family and it no longer exists in the motherland(Spain) cause my ancestors who didn't migrate to Cuba became catholic monks and were celibate so, I think I'm the last male with the Deas last name (not to be confused with the common Dias which sounds the same in English)
    A scottish surname?

---------- Post added 2012-09-25 at 12:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mnevis View Post
    There are 3,000 people in the U.S. with my first/last name, and over 2,000,000 with my last name, so it's hard for me to imagine.

http://howmanyofme.com/search/
    Oh dear, with my name apparently there are (1 or fewer) lol..

There is another spelling variant which actually isn't a variant at all but another family. McCleary is more popular than the name McLeary though O'Leary is far more popular than either.
    Last edited by Themius; 2012-09-25 at 04:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    No clue, but as I said the name didn't fit him at all. To give you an idea, he also had a child with someone else before me and he abandoned that one too after he split with her mother. Same for me. Yet when he found out that the other child, my half-sister so to say, entered Law school, he bragged to everyone everywhere even though he had nothing to do with it. He was alcohollic and had anger management issues so... yea. On one hand, I'm glad he left me because of those aspects, on another, since my grandpa died when I was 7 I had no male model in my life, being raised by women, and this created a few problems like me not knowing how to hit on girls and stuff. Still, the downsides of him leaving me are smaller then the downsides if he'd have said.

And just to say, the name translated in English means "nice".
    You don't need to go to a mountain to see beauty and feel the wind in your hair. You can do it whilst sitting under a tree and the rays of sunshine will find their way through the leaves. The warmth will soothe you and you will be truly liberated for the first time in your existence.

You will feel a caress and someone will braid your hair and kiss your tenderly so that you don't feel that you are chained to your fate. Fate is what we make of it.....fighting against all odds to achieve our aims is what we must do. No one will give a shit until we do.

Oh yeah you know that girl you saved....she never told you that you changed her life too. She believes in herself now and looks forward to waking up each day....and doesn't take anti-depressants anymore. Her doctor was baffled but wasn't complaining when she told him.

That's some ironic shit huh?
    Last edited by mmoc79af5b64ea; 2012-09-25 at 08:20 PM.

Maybe we should get over this "families have to take the man's last name" nonsense already.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kind of in this situation, my brother and I are the last men with our surname, at least in our branch. There are other unrelated groups with the surname in other states, and quite a few in the Old World though. Personally I'd like to have a son to pass on the family name, but I'm not obsessive about it. There are dozens of female relatives already carrying on our family line, in genetics if not in name.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    Names don't mean anything so I wouldn't care. I'm sure on some level I might be saddened by bringing my family line to an end, but that is simple human nature.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."