"kungen is recruiting people for a guild"
    "kungen just scratched his left ball"
    "kungen took a dump"

people obsessing over some guy because he's the best at killing mobs

lol
    "bolt runs 100m faster than anyone else"
    "schumacher drives really fast"
    "anthony hopkins pretends to be a person he's not"

isn't it strange how people take an interest in exceptional performers in any field they're interested in, and even potentially in some fields they're not if those people's performance is good enough?

truly shocking that wow gamers might be interested in what another wow gamer does. can't say kungen affects me in any way, but i recognise the name - unlike many of these gamer 'stars' - and it's idly interesting to hear of an top guild reform.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Kungen was last seen whirlwinding towards Lady Vasjh, wielding 12 Thunderfuries."
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 0smo View Post
    hooray

he prob needs some officers to pay his bills again...

no skill player kungen

Got a link to that? Sounds like a fun story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember, Remember the _ of November. 11th? 21st? 6th? I don't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Manicpsycho View Post
    I will enjoy watching him fail with all the fanboys that want to be close to him etc. and be like "zomfg im in Nihilum, look at me" and get no raiding done what-so-ever for a long time.
    He's actually not just recruiting anyone, most of the people in the guild atm are good players with top 20 raiding exp why would he recruit viewers that don't know how to play? he's not going for world firsts but he's also going to be raiding like a top 20 guild he just wants people to have lives like he said back in the days raiding at like 7am for world firsts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kungen owns Nihilum so I'm not shocked he brought it back, Supposely alot of old school raiders are coming back to join him.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

I have to say I like his schedule:

Monday: 18.30 - 23.00
    Tuesday: 18.30 - 23.00
    Wednesday: No raid (18.30-23.00 on NEW CONTENT)
    Thursday: 18.30 - 23.00
    Friday: No raids
    Saturday: No raids
    Sunday: 15.00 - 23.00

Nice to see him back, kinda crazy how quick he is gearing up and doing achievs, but sure its to easy to get them now

So 5,5 raidnights on new content? In what world is that casual?

Deleted
    Kungen.. long live the king!

only kidding! hate that guy, he kiled my druid once outside naxx. i wasnt happy.

Deleted
    I am glad Nihilum is back, was a great name back in the day.
    Hope everything goes well for him and the new guild!

And their schedule looks great, looks like something people can do without getting too burnt out too quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Remember, Remember the _ of November. 11th? 21st? 6th? I don't remember.
    Guy Fawkes frowneth upon thine shenanigans.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Manicpsycho View Post
    I will enjoy watching him fail with all the fanboys that want to be close to him etc. and be like "zomfg im in Nihilum, look at me" and get no raiding done what-so-ever for a long time.
    Here is a link to his stream which includes the guild "requirements". Dont think he'll invite any low fanboy... " The recruitment will be aimed at both old school and new school players of top 20 guilds."

http://en.twitch.tv/nihilumguild

I just remember TBC boss vids from Nihilum with the best music ever, especially the Illidan kill. Truly epic!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscera View Post
    Haha, i was thinking the exact same thing! Proberly some1 who needs to turn off his computer a little and see that there actually IS a world outside

And btw. If you have never heard about Kungen, this isnt a thread for you.

There is only like 3players in this world that every1 should have heard of before. Want me to name them? NP

1# Kungen. Alot of world 1st back in the days
    2# Swifty. He got alot of fans, and is pretty popular on Youtube. Seems like alot of people cares about him. Pvp warr. btw
    3# Athene. no.1 Exploiter in WoW to achive world 1st lvl 80 and 85. (proberly 90 too) But doing it without getting a ban afterwards is what i find exiting :P

Fuck the rest. They are just personal interests, and not even near these 3
    Last edited by mmoc43ed297527; 2012-09-24 at 01:17 PM.

Deleted
    Raiding 20-ish hours a week is pretty casual in wow-terms, or at least it used to be back in the vanilla/tbc days

---------- Post added 2012-09-24 at 01:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderchain View Post
    Haha, i was thinking the exact same thing! Proberly some1 who needs to turn off his computer a little and see that there actually IS a world outside

There is only like 3players in this world that every1 should have heard of before. Want me to name them? NP

2# Swifty. He got alot of fans, and is pretty popular on Youtube. Seems like alot of people cares about him. Pvp warr. btw
    3# Athene. no.1 Exploiter in WoW to achive world 1st lvl 80 and 85. (proberly 90 too) But doing it without getting a ban afterwards is what i find exiting :P

I used to be pretty hardcore wow player up till wotlk, but i must say that i have never heard of Swifty before, and athene... i watched 1 of his videos for 30 seconds then turned it off, i already concluded in that timewindow that he has the braincapacity of a 6-year old.

Well... casual and hardcore are terms that differ from situation to situation...

Casual in this case must be "We dont aim for world firsts we just raid with a chill atmosphere 5.5 nights a week )

Casual can also mean you just dont play alot or irregulary.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Deleted
    As long as it's not interfering with day jobs like the guilds going for world firsts, i'd say its casual.. Thats just me

GL to them. I expect they'll get a top 100, maybe top 50 in the first tier.

Quote Originally Posted by furniture View Post
    "kungen is playing wow again"
    "kungen is recruiting people for a guild"
    "kungen just scratched his left ball"
    "kungen took a dump"

people obsessing over some guy because he's the best at killing mobs

lol
    Pretty much the same as how some football fans are following their favorite football player.

Problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderchain View Post

I watch swifty from time to time, as he had some nice vids in late vanilla and TBC. Sometimes fun to watch. Athene on the other hand is boring as hell. I am sorry absolutely not interesting nor funny. He might get world first and stuff, but his skill is just pretty low. Always screaming he is owning everyone and then you'll meet him in a bg and he die's way to fast.

There a couple of players I Like.

Kugen
    Swifty
    Khuna
    Reckful
    Snotz

Mainly PvP guys. Pve is mainly Kugen other then that I only know their Guild names :P