Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merp View Post
    Guild Wars 2, for certain. And no, I won't take the easy path by saying "it's just personal taste".
    Guild Wars 2 at the moment is a better game. It has better graphics, better PvP system, better levelling system, and innovates in so many ways that you can't count then. And it's FREE of that damned subscription fee.
    WoW was an incredible masterpiece, absolutely game changing, when it was released. But now, in 2012, GW2 is quite simply a better game which costs you less money. The choice is a no brainer, really, unless you have personal reasons (i.e.: friends in WoW you really want to play with) which make you stay in MoP.
    really wish I could see it the way you do, but really guild wars 2 doesn't innovate (neither does wow however) almost anything at all and I just get this feeling of free korean mmo while playing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

Well , since you are old player in WoW and there is a new patch ( MoP ) coming

then i would say stay with WoW and try it ..

for me i am not playing WoW or WoW fan but i respect this game and the history it have

in other hand if you curious about gw2 let me tell u this

do not waste your money on gw2 .. it is b2p yeah and sound good but that does not make it ok

for me , i been waiting gw2 from 5 years and now i am upset that i waste my 70$ on useless game called gw2

i would advise u to stay in WoW and try MoP and if u still want to check gw2 i would say just check it from your friend account

in future you will see people selling gw2 account cheaper

Mop is the same old with pandas. If you are sick of the same old get GW2. You can play it when you want and never fall behind + its free to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Merp View Post
    Guild Wars 2, for certain. And no, I won't take the easy path by saying "it's just personal taste".
    Guild Wars 2 at the moment is a better game. It has better graphics, better PvP system, better levelling system, and innovates in so many ways that you can't count then. And it's FREE of that damned subscription fee.
    WoW was an incredible masterpiece, absolutely game changing, when it was released. But now, in 2012, GW2 is quite simply a better game which costs you less money. The choice is a no brainer, really, unless you have personal reasons (i.e.: friends in WoW you really want to play with) which make you stay in MoP.
    This matter is SUBJECTIVE! There is no right or wrong... just because you don't like WoW, doesn't mean that everyone else has to do so as well!

GW2 is a nice game overall, but something is missing really, i got bored quickly after i tried it. I would say MoP is way to go
    Loved by Few, Hated by Many, Respected by All

Neither. Buy Rift.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakz View Post
    GW2 is a nice game overall, but something is missing really, i got bored quickly after i tried it. I would say MoP is way to go
    Seconding this. Most of it has to do with the fact that I'm a healoholic and there is no set healers in GW2 but at the moment GW2 really does need work still. It is a new game and like with any new game it still needs tuning. I look forward to seeing what they do in 3-6 months when I need another break from WoW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Neither. Buy Rift.
    whats that?

Quote Originally Posted by khodan22 View Post
    I was wondering which one is better, I also have to buy a subscription for WoW so Guild Wars 2 is cheaper for me.
    I have 5 85's on WoW so i'm not new to WoW but I am new to Guild Wars so which one is better?
    I really wanted to enjoy guildwars, but i got stuck at lvl 10... i have leveled 10+ chars in WoW and im kinda bored of leveling, i dont get why new mmos dont skip past the leveling part and let you do dungeons/raids ect. right off the bat... (i got bored of ToR & Rift for the same reason, stuck at leveling).

Currently i have just been bored with HoN, Diablo3 and GW2 so i became weak and bought MoP.... I really didn't want to because of the way blizz ruined Cata, but this time around im only paying pr. month and I will try sticking to casual/PvP.

This is the very last time I let blizzard have the benefit of the doubt, if they dont deliver i will unsub and never buy a blizzard game again.
    Last edited by Hovsa; 2012-09-24 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerDom View Post
    whats that?
    A game that doesn't make you wait 9 months for content, and a game that gives you an expansion that is 2x bigger than the existing world, in itself.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakz View Post
    agreed with this

10+ Year Old Account
    GW2..... I don't know why the OP even bothered asking such a question on a site like this. Almost all the answers will be MOP followed by unnecessary game bashing. GG
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

What's better: a flamebait thread, or a flamebait thread?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    A game that doesn't make you wait 9 months for content, and a game that gives you an expansion that is 2x bigger than the existing world, in itself.

It be fair, Vanilla WoW was the same way. Once the expansion came out, however, the absurd amount of content patches slowed down quite a bit.

We'll see how Rift fairs after Storm Legion hits.

Get MOP, there's a lot more content for everyone. By everyone, I mean hardcore players and even casual players, there's just so much to do.

GW2 has no end-game right now. People will argue world completion and professions being the end-game, but what are you going to do after that? I have a level 50 and a level 30 in GW2, and I'm bored of it, and have already noticed a sharp decline in the number of players (look at twitch.tv for example).

If you consider strictly PvP to be end-game, then that's fine, GW2 might be the better choice. But if you're after a MMO with a more complete package that doesn't just emphasize on PvP, go MOP without a shadow of a doubt

well we cant tell you what you find the most fun. I tried gw2 and I got bored at level 18 and a necromancer 11. MoP brings many new things that im looking forward to

get both

i've been playing wow for a long time and the hype for GW2 got me interested enough to buy it, without a sub fee it's a great game to pick up and play for a few hours when you're a little burnt out with wow.

i'm probably gonna be playing both for a long time, although WoW will always be my fictional home away from home, GW2 is finding it's own place too.

the 2 games can live side by side, one doesn't have to dominate over the other.
    <insert witty signature here>

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    GW2 is very disappointing IMO (NOTICE HOW I SAID IMO) I got bored very quickly, I'd say MoP hands down since Blizzard looks to have turned things around and put a lot of work into the expac.

This thread will probably get closed, just a heads up.
    Like every other disappointing expac right? :3

I would say to get MoP now (unless you are just totally bored sick of WoW) and then when you get bored with it, buy GW2. By then a lot of the bugs and problems with GW2 will be ironed out. GW2 is really a wonderful game but, like many new games at launch, it has it's issues.

As for Rift, it's pretty much a WoW clone. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing really wrong with the game. It's just if you've leveled up a bunch of characters to 85 in WoW you might start asking yourself why you are doing it all over in Rift when it is pretty much the same game with different window dressing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    really wish I could see it the way you do, but really guild wars 2 doesn't innovate (neither does wow however) almost anything at all and I just get this feeling of free korean mmo while playing it.
    Either you haven't played GW, or you haven't played korean MMO's

OT: just look up movies on youtube and decide for yourself. Noone here knows you better than you do.
    Both will be worth the cost, though.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!