Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Been out for months on beta. And from everything ive seen and tested, the content will last a grand total of 2 months.
    This isnt a bad thing, im sure it will be fun for those 2 months.

But im not getting suckered into another annual pass scam, where blizzard halts all content for year. Im paying my 2 months, getting out and playing other fun games, and coming back for a month when another content patch hits. With LFR, its easy enough to experience content without much commitment.
    Suckered? HAHAHAH. At what point did they sucker you? did they force you to sign up for it? did they brainwash you into buying it? No, they didn't. It was your choice and yours only, blaming it on the company is just an excuse because your self control is non existent.

I didn't buy it myself because I didn't play D3 but for people who were interested in that it was a damn good deal. People who call it a scam are blabbering fools who bought it straight away without debating whether they would play WoW for a year, aka it's their own fault. Good, you deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chunkyman View Post
    Suckered? HAHAHAH. At what point did they sucker you? did they force you to sign up for it? did they brainwash you into buying it? No, they didn't. It was your choice and yours only, blaming it on the company is just an excuse because your self control is non existent.

I didn't buy it myself because I didn't play D3 but for people who were interested in that it was a damn good deal. People who call it a scam are blabbering fools who bought it straight away without debating whether they would play WoW for a year, aka it's their own fault. Good, you deserve it.
    And its not like Blizzard promised an epic endraid and a shorter wait time for MoP. Wouldn't have bought it if I would have forseen the abomination DS has become. Its not that bad since I would have bought D3 anyway but still they kinda lured me in with empty promises.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkyman View Post

I think you're mixing up being duped, suckered, hoodwinked, or tricked with being compelled or forced. In his own admission, he said that he was suckered into the annual pass which indicates that (obviously) some of the blame is his. However, it is a good bit dishonest of Blizzard to ask players to sign up for a year of subscriptions and then turn around and deliver only a single content patch (and a single systems patch if you consider the pre-MoP patch) in that whole year. Did Blizzard claim that there would be more content? No, but content patches are an expected part of an mmo life-cycle; even Wrath had a post-last-raid patch as well as a pre-expansion event (both of which are missing from Cata). If a new mmo came out with a subscription model that had offered a year subscription at no discount, a couple of in-game benefits and the promise of a (mediocre) game in the future, but then only had 1 content patch in that year, would you not feel scammed? It would feel pretty crappy to sign up to the possibility of getting something only to get much less than any reasonable person (read: not Blizzard apologists) would expect.

As for you, I really don't think insults and condescension are necessary. You either make a right point or you don't. There's no need to insult someone unless your point is a very weak or invalid one.

No game versus game threads. Read some reviews or watch some videos if you need help deciding.