View Poll Results: How many subs will be cancelled by the end of MoP?

Voters
1131. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 people will have canceled

    316 27.94%
  • Less than 500,000

    223 19.72%
  • 500,000 - 1,000,000

    188 16.62%
  • 1,000,001 - 2,000,000

    156 13.79%
  • 2,000,001 - 3,000,000

    90 7.96%
  • More than 3,000,000

    158 13.97%
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
... LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    Yes, yes I am. I am also arguing that xfire is only used by a small minority of the WoW community.
    Are you aware of the fact how sample works in statistics and how very accurate it can be? I am not saying that Xfire is a viable subset becouse it takes a selection to pick an unbiased sample. But the mere fact that sample is a "small minority" does not invalidate it. Exit polls during elections are also a "small minority" yet they almost always are very close to the final result.

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    They would be stupid to go F2P with 5 million people still paying a sub fee. I doubt they ever do go F2P and if they do that will be the day I uninstall.
    Why would you uninstall? They will go F2P some day, they already said they would. I wish I could find the quote, but it basically said once Titan released, they forsee WoW going F2P, especially if they keep losing subscribers. Blizzard isn't stupid, they know they will have to adapt to survive. They are looking at the MMO market right now, and they realize they are the only one who can successfully keep a subscription right now, as MMO's are trending toward F2P or B2P. WoW will not be subscription based forever, it's just not feasible. Would you rather they shut down the game all together when they reach a certain number of subscribers, or adapt to subscription-free model with a cash shop to maintain the game? The latter is the best choice, and Blizzard already has a plan set for when it comes to that. It is probably several years away, but they are aware of it and ready.

  3. #183
    Epic! vep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    1,680
    All. I vote all.

  4. #184
    My friend told me that he is going to cancel after MoP. So it is definitely more than zero!

    Picked less than 500,000.

  5. #185
    There will be Titan to catch those who have canceled. And the last wow expansion will be pure fun for those which are loyal.

    But Titan WILL get us all.

  6. #186
    Okay, so having played it, I think that honestly they will gain subs or just break even...

    It just...
    It's fucking brilliant.
    Anyone who wants to quit hasn't actually played it yet or was probably burnt out on WoW anyway.
    The dungeons are epic (can't wait to do the challenge modes), pet battles are actually hard and fun, the questing is far better, and the raiding is looking amazing (can't speak for PvP).

    All my opinion, but I have the feeling sometimes that people who have quit WoW come to these forums with the sole intent to clog up the forums with "lol I don't like it".
    "I'm sorry, but I can't hear you over the sound of how bad ass my discipline priest looks."

  7. #187
    Fluffy Kitten Callei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    9,686
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantViolet View Post
    Why would you uninstall? They will go F2P some day, they already said they would. I wish I could find the quote, but it basically said once Titan released, they forsee WoW going F2P, especially if they keep losing subscribers. Blizzard isn't stupid, they know they will have to adapt to survive. They are looking at the MMO market right now, and they realize they are the only one who can successfully keep a subscription right now, as MMO's are trending toward F2P or B2P. WoW will not be subscription based forever, it's just not feasible. Would you rather they shut down the game all together when they reach a certain number of subscribers, or adapt to subscription-free model with a cash shop to maintain the game? The latter is the best choice, and Blizzard already has a plan set for when it comes to that. It is probably several years away, but they are aware of it and ready.
    My guess is if they lose another million during MoP (unlikely, but possible), they'll probably shift toward a tiered sub approach like TOR's doing once Titan hits shelves; that, or the Turbine approach where you can buy what content interests you instead of paying a sub that includes content that goes to waste on your account because it holds no interest for you.

    Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

  8. #188
    High Overlord Krulani's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    [Currently Deployed]
    Posts
    147
    I just think its interesting how much different these poll results would have looked if asked about a month ago, when there isn't new content.
    -- AMD FX-8150 3.6GHz | GSKILL Ripjaws 16GB 2133 | GTX 680 4GB | WD Black 1TB 7200RMP | Corsair 120GB SSD --

  9. #189
    Mechagnome Vinni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In your browser
    Posts
    652
    It's kind of inaccurate for the poll to say 'people that cancelled' if the poll is to determine what sub losses people think blizz will have and I think most people voted according to that.

    I think it's pretty sure that by the end of MoP they'll have increased their sub count but there will still be certain losses so that is why I voted less than 500,000
    ''The only true failure is when you stop trying''.

  10. #190
    Amazing expansion in every way, this expansion for a 8 year old game has successfully dragged me away from EVERYTHING I planned to play on the side. I struggle to focus on what to do since there's just so much, I've hit 86 and barely scratched the new storylines, pet battles are amazing good fun and I haven't set foot in a dungeon since I don't want to gain XP. In Cata all I did was level to 85 in less than 2 days (didn't rush, just no-lifing) and then level alts/finish solo stuff until I got into a raid group later on. My only reason for browsing these forums now is that my own interwebz is down due to ISP maintenance.

    Appearantly, no matter how you people doomsay and argue about this game, Blizzard still has tons of love and redemption to give for the lackluster that was Cata. If they don't gain subs and hit 12 million again? Fine with me. I highly doubt though that this expansion will see the losses of Cata simply because now there's actual content to do that's not only instanced or for people enjoying leveling alts 1-60.

    Also, at the end of expansions, some people ALWAYS unsub and then come back. It's impossible to know who leaves the game forever. Only Blizzard sits on that information I'd say.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-26 at 02:41 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by AstroleonShadowflower View Post
    Okay, so having played it, I think that honestly they will gain subs or just break even...

    It just...
    It's fucking brilliant.
    Anyone who wants to quit hasn't actually played it yet or was probably burnt out on WoW anyway.
    The dungeons are epic (can't wait to do the challenge modes), pet battles are actually hard and fun, the questing is far better, and the raiding is looking amazing (can't speak for PvP).

    All my opinion, but I have the feeling sometimes that people who have quit WoW come to these forums with the sole intent to clog up the forums with "lol I don't like it".
    They suffer the ex-girlfriend/boyfrend syndrome, and the fact that this game can bring that out of some people just proves how amazing it is really.

    Your avatar is amazing by the way.
    Last edited by Rorcanna; 2012-09-26 at 02:42 PM.
    Before you write something on the internet, ask yourself this: Would I say this with these words to someone I met face to face?
    If not, then DON'T WRITE what you initially planned to. You are NOT anonymous on the internet, and there are laws that can cost you if you threaten, backtalk or harass someone else. You know nothing about the other person, so don't act like you do. Be humble, be polite, be a decent human being...or at least do your best, even though it can be difficult.

  11. #191
    I see a loss between 1 to 2 million at least.

    I don't see this expansion retaining customers for any real length of time unless it gets some major changes in the next many patches.

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Amazing expansion in every way, this expansion for a 8 year old game has successfully dragged me away from EVERYTHING I planned to play on the side. I struggle to focus on what to do since there's just so much, I've hit 86 and barely scratched the new storylines, pet battles are amazing good fun and I haven't set foot in a dungeon since I don't want to gain XP. In Cata all I did was level to 85 in less than 2 days (didn't rush, just no-lifing) and then level alts/finish solo stuff until I got into a raid group later on. My only reason for browsing these forums now is that my own interwebz is down due to ISP maintenance.

    Appearantly, no matter how you people doomsay and argue about this game, Blizzard still has tons of love and redemption to give for the lackluster that was Cata. If they don't gain subs and hit 12 million again? Fine with me. I highly doubt though that this expansion will see the losses of Cata simply because now there's actual content to do that's not only instanced or for people enjoying leveling alts 1-60.

    Also, at the end of expansions, some people ALWAYS unsub and then come back. It's impossible to know who leaves the game forever. Only Blizzard sits on that information I'd say.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-26 at 02:41 PM ----------



    They suffer the ex-girlfriend/boyfrend syndrome, and the fact that this game can bring that out of some people just proves how amazing it is really.

    Your avatar is amazing by the way.
    I think so to. ;D

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-26 at 03:49 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I see a loss between 1 to 2 million at least.

    I don't see this expansion retaining customers for any real length of time unless it gets some major changes in the next many patches.
    And what changes do you propose?
    More content?
    More stuff to do at max level?
    Bigger raid tiers?

    Oh wait. herp
    "I'm sorry, but I can't hear you over the sound of how bad ass my discipline priest looks."

  13. #193
    Mechagnome Snakehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    'merica
    Posts
    666
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    OP tries to assert that the majority of lost subs in Wrath didn't come from ICC lasting a year.

    OP tries to assert that the majority of lost subs overall didn't happen because Cataclysm started out overtuned and continued with extremely weak patches until 4.3--which began losing when it stretched into its second-nearing-third fiscal quarter and several high-profile releases hit shelves after completely stemming the flow at first.

    OP tries to extrapolate, that based on player burnout from overlong content patches and a poorly-designed endgame in the following expansion, the expansion that has had an overwhelmingly-positive ingame response will cause massive sub bleeds.

    Oh, his name's "Oldschoolwow." No bias here, I'm sure.
    I will dignify this with a response even though I am not typically in the habit of feeding the trolls.

    You present an interesting argument. You use mostly accurate evidence to make a well thought out assessment. However, where your argument fails is your over reliance on what you hypothesize as the reason for the mass exodus, over tuned, burned out, etc. You assume that those impediments may be overcome by this "new" content. I disagree. WoW has entered the final stage of the product life cycle and there's really only one direction the numbers are headed long term. I would. It be surprised to see a small resurgence initially it will not be sustained. The numbers don't lie.

    So go ahead and extrapolate something empirical that says the accepted data proving the numbers are declining are wrong.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-26 at 02:53 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    OP tries to assert that the majority of lost subs in Wrath didn't come from ICC lasting a year.

    OP tries to assert that the majority of lost subs overall didn't happen because Cataclysm started out overtuned and continued with extremely weak patches until 4.3--which began losing when it stretched into its second-nearing-third fiscal quarter and several high-profile releases hit shelves after completely stemming the flow at first.

    OP tries to extrapolate, that based on player burnout from overlong content patches and a poorly-designed endgame in the following expansion, the expansion that has had an overwhelmingly-positive ingame response will cause massive sub bleeds.

    Oh, his name's "Oldschoolwow." No bias here, I'm sure.
    I will dignify this with a response even though I am not typically in the habit of feeding the trolls.

    You present an interesting argument. You use mostly accurate evidence to make a well thought out assessment. However, where your argument fails is your over reliance on what you hypothesize as the reason for the mass exodus, over tuned, burned out, etc. You assume that those impediments may be overcome by this "new" content. I disagree. WoW has entered the final stage of the product life cycle and there's really only one direction the numbers are headed long term. I would. It be surprised to see a small resurgence initially it will not be sustained. The numbers don't lie.

    So go ahead and extrapolate something empirical that says the accepted data proving the numbers are declining are wrong.

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    I will dignify this with a response even though I am not typically in the habit of feeding the trolls.

    You present an interesting argument. You use mostly accurate evidence to make a well thought out assessment. However, where your argument fails is your over reliance on what you hypothesize as the reason for the mass exodus, over tuned, burned out, etc. You assume that those impediments may be overcome by this "new" content. I disagree. WoW has entered the final stage of the product life cycle and there's really only one direction the numbers are headed long term. I would. It be surprised to see a small resurgence initially it will not be sustained. The numbers don't lie.

    So go ahead and extrapolate something empirical that says the accepted data proving the numbers are declining are wrong.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-26 at 02:53 PM ----------



    I will dignify this with a response even though I am not typically in the habit of feeding the trolls.

    You present an interesting argument. You use mostly accurate evidence to make a well thought out assessment. However, where your argument fails is your over reliance on what you hypothesize as the reason for the mass exodus, over tuned, burned out, etc. You assume that those impediments may be overcome by this "new" content. I disagree. WoW has entered the final stage of the product life cycle and there's really only one direction the numbers are headed long term. I would. It be surprised to see a small resurgence initially it will not be sustained. The numbers don't lie.

    So go ahead and extrapolate something empirical that says the accepted data proving the numbers are declining are wrong.
    I don't mean to troll, but I honestly have no idea what you just said. And I'm pretty decent at English myself.
    Sounding over-intelligent doesn't win you arguments.
    "I'm sorry, but I can't hear you over the sound of how bad ass my discipline priest looks."

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroleonShadowflower View Post

    And what changes do you propose?
    More content?
    More stuff to do at max level?
    Bigger raid tiers?

    Oh wait. herp
    To be honest I dont think changes that would skyrocket WoW subs up to 15mln and above are possible. Well maybe if they would lower the sub cost to 1$ lol but that is not something I see as reasonable. Simply put, there is nothing reasonable that Blizzard can do at this point. Even if WoW is the best game ever made (and mind you that I regard WoW's past as phenomenal) it still gets old at some point. The same point where level of drops of veteran burnt-out players starts to be high enough that gains in new demographics cant replace it. Besides, nothing can grow forever. Same reason why we start to have issues with all the economic crysis. It just grew too much and its harder and harder to sustain it.

  16. #196
    Mechagnome Snakehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    'merica
    Posts
    666
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroleonShadowflower View Post
    I don't mean to troll, but I honestly have no idea what you just said. And I'm pretty decent at English myself.
    Sounding over-intelligent doesn't win you arguments.
    Couldn't really do a tldr while at work on my phone so in a nutshell. Note to apple the 5 is still too small.

    He lists the reasons why people left and is correct but he thinks this "overwhelmingly positive ingame response" will steady the ship.

    If anything wow is following the product life cycle exactly as predicted. The numbers will still decline no matter how "overwhelmingly positive" the current users are at this moment in time.

    If my argument seemed confusing I apologize for losing you.

  17. #197
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Alver View Post
    There will be Titan to catch those who have canceled.
    At this stage, it wouldn't matter if Blizz made WoW 2.0, as trust is lost with the publisher and devs.

    When that happens (like what happened with SOE) players don't come back.

    There needs to be a rapport between the company and the players. If the company is arrogant (resting on it's laurels via relying on the brand to sell it) players will look at that company as used car salesmen and look elsewhere.

    After that Diablo 3 dev dissing dev incident it showed me if they can't even get along with their own, how can they with gamers? It's no wonder why WoW's forums have such nastiness, it had to be bred somewhere. No wonder why whole dev teams left Activision-Blizzard enmasse.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  18. #198
    Stood in the Fire Zolascius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    At this stage, it wouldn't matter if Blizz made WoW 2.0, as trust is lost with the publisher and devs.

    When that happens (like what happened with SOE) players don't come back.

    There needs to be a rapport between the company and the players. If the company is arrogant (resting on it's laurels via relying on the brand to sell it) players will look at that company as used car salesmen and look elsewhere.

    After that Diablo 3 dev dissing dev incident it showed me if they can't even get along with their own, how can they with gamers? It's no wonder why WoW's forums have such nastiness, it had to be bred somewhere. No wonder why whole dev teams left Activision-Blizzard enmasse.
    I don't think it's possible for that many people to really lose trust with Blizzard. If they released Titan tomorrow I'd buy it.. why? Because it's been in development for 5+ years and they haven't said a word about it. The fact that there's zero hype from the outset means they're hiding something.
    Players these days just want the world to be their whored-out oyster.
    BRING BACK THE MMORPG

  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolascius View Post
    I don't think it's possible for that many people to really lose trust with Blizzard. If they released Titan tomorrow I'd buy it.. why? Because it's been in development for 5+ years and they haven't said a word about it. The fact that there's zero hype from the outset means they're hiding something.
    Or they just don't have anything concrete to show yet. Logic.

  20. #200
    Stood in the Fire Zolascius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJekyll View Post
    Or they just don't have anything concrete to show yet. Logic.
    You know it's been playable for quite a while right p:
    Players these days just want the world to be their whored-out oyster.
    BRING BACK THE MMORPG

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •