View Poll Results: How many subs will be cancelled by the end of MoP?

Voters
1131. This poll is closed
  • 0 people will have canceled

316 27.94%
  • Less than 500,000

223 19.72%
  • 500,000 - 1,000,000

188 16.62%
  • 1,000,001 - 2,000,000

156 13.79%
  • 2,000,001 - 3,000,000

90 7.96%
  • More than 3,000,000

158 13.97%
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'd say they'd gain some subs if anything, lots of people cancelled during Cata due to so long of just DS, as well as D3/GW2 launches. I'd wager lots of those people will come back for MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    they will gain 2m at least I hope. but ultimately most likely only gain 500k
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    Why?

Because you've learned a new word today.

Your welcome :-)
    And, hopefully, you have learned the correct speeling.

Deleted
    Given how much better MoP looks compared to Cataclysm, and as someone who was unsubbed for most of Cata and who just took a 6 months sub for MoP (something I did for the last time during Wotlk), I think MoP will end with more subs than we have right now.
    I'd say MoP will gain ~1,5 million subs, so just above 10 millions.

---------- Post added 2012-09-24 at 04:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Muertt View Post
    ca·pri·cious/kəˈpriSHəs/
    Why even start this thread? We'll probably just change our minds by the time we're reading the second page.
    MasterHamster explains it best :

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    No option for gains in subs. Wether or not it's even possible for such an old game to start growing again, it just reeks of subtle "The game is dying"
    May I say that I think this thread is slightly biased?

10+ Year Old Account
    Formerly of the People's Republic of Illinois
    A better question/poll is probably what the subscription base will be towards the end of MoP. I believe, from what I saw in the Beta, that the sub base will larger than it is today.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexis_de_Tocqueville
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. -CS Lewis

Why do people care how many subscribers they lose, im still going to play this game when there is 5 million subs or less, like i give a shit if people are all angsty over how the game is going and if they like it, go play the next WoW killer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Obviously some losses are inevitable as some people will try it and move on to other things. Due to the age of the game (and the fact that, at this point, almost everyone who ever wanted to try WoW already has) I doubt there will every be enough new players again to balance it out. I think modest decline will be normal.

How much loss will really depend on the later patches.

If the game ends up like Cataclysm with weaker and briefer content patches, the losses might be more significant as even more established players get bored and apathetic and take off.

But if the game can keep up the quality and amount of content that we're getting in the expansion launch, I think it will slow sub losses dramatically. We saw big drop offs in Cataclysm because there really wasn't enough to do end-game and the game can no longer sustain itself on novelty alone, like it did in classic. I'd like to think Blizzard learned from Cataclysm and that we will be getting more content and larger raids.
    I really agree with this.

I put less than 500,000 as being optimistic. Some people will definitely quit, but hopefully Blizz will move forward from Cata's downfall. They have some great starts already with Challenge Modes. Let's hope they keep running with ideas like that.

Whoever voted for 0 people is wrong because as soon as I am 90 and have tried the raids a few times I am letting my account close when my annual pass is up. If I didn't fall for the annual pass I wouldn't probably even play MoP. Between work full time and grad school, I don't have much free time and would rather play GW2 and relax on the couch watching TV.

Deleted
    Sorry, my "Rectal Speculation Collider x9849" has yet to fire up.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarebusta View Post
    Over 3 million. A tiered subscription model with F2P coming during the end of 2013.
    Lol. Just lol.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Seirith View Post
    Whoever voted for 0 people is wrong because as soon as I am 90 and have tried the raids a few times I am letting my account close when my annual pass is up. If I didn't fall for the annual pass I wouldn't probably even play MoP. Between work full time and grad school, I don't have much free time and would rather play GW2 and relax on the couch watching TV.
    You should stick it to blizzard and not even buy the expansion then. Why be out $70 when you could just be out $30.

Subs will go back up to 10.5-11m, at least at first. Then slowly go back down, then back up if they keep delivering content instead of keeping us on a single 8 boss raid for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Seirith View Post
    People are voting 0 because this is a stupid poll that deserves a stupid answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That's the same thing. I personally feel none. I've been through parts of the beta as have almost all of the mods and my entire 25 man raid team. Every single one loved it. They love it. They think it's amazing and it's just where WoW needed to go to stem the losses from Cata.
    This is exactly how i feel. I think wow will have a resurgence do to how awesome MoP will be!
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Well honestly the poll is not really nessicary to create! I mean most MMO's today have 1million of less subs so even if WoW drops by 3 million its still not even close to dying!

This poll and post is pretty biased. You are making a huge assumption based off something that has nothing to do with MoP. In my opinion you should have made an option to vote for gained subs.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    This poll and post is pretty biased. You are making a huge assumption based off something that has nothing to do with MoP. In my opinion you should have made an option to vote for gained subs.
    I think the OP is just being realistic. Its pretty delusional to think WoW will gain subscriptions at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow will lost all subs after one week of MoP release ,blizzard will close %90 of servers and will announce wow's death oficialy and game will go free to play for those didnt try yet for eternity.

Happy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That's the same thing. I personally feel none. I've been through parts of the beta as have almost all of the mods and my entire 25 man raid team. Every single one loved it. They love it. They think it's amazing and it's just where WoW needed to go to stem the losses from Cata.
    I entirely agree with this statement and I too voted 0. I think the people who weren't part of the beta are going to be totally blown away. All I can say is....it's awesome! And hurry up midnight!!!!

I think they're going to see rapid decline in China, and some decline in the west. So I went with 2-3M, and that may be optimistic.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"