Deleted
    What is the proper rotation on Galakras' waves? like when there are 3-5 mobs.
    Right now I'm just dotting them up with NT and use normal rotation on one of them. Should I skip AM and just 4 stacks -> barrage for cleave? or even 2 stacks barrage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azzastar View Post
    hi guys, just recent switched to arcane. Are there any macros that would be useful for arcane?
    #showtooltip Alter Time
    /stopcasting
    /cast Arcane Power
    /cast Berserking
    /cast Alter Time

This works out well if you glyph AP since they all line up at 3 min.

Other than that the only big one I would recommend would be a mouseover macro for your mage bombs, since it's a pretty big part of your DPS. I don't recall the one I use off hand but it does mouseover, if nothing is moused over then my target, if target is friendly it does target of target, if no target and no mouseover it does my focus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qaniki View Post
    What is the proper rotation on Galakras' waves? like when there are 3-5 mobs.
    Right now I'm just dotting them up with NT and use normal rotation on one of them. Should I skip AM and just 4 stacks -> barrage for cleave? or even 2 stacks barrage?
    I'm usually upstairs handling the tower add but when I'm not I use AE instead of AB to get charges(Yeah I know it's padding but that fight is so farm content that it doesn't matter. Add phase is a joke.), Glyphed CoC on CD, NT everything and dump charges at 4 with ABarr. I'll use AM procs on the kill target so I don't feel like a total scumbag.

If you have issues killing adds like the shamans then I would go about your normal ST rotation on them while NTing everything. ABarring at 4 stacks, so long as 4+(3+ maybe) targets are alive, is better DPS but overall will be less effective DPS on your kill target.

Edit- On the topic of when to use AT. ATing with trinket procs up >>> ATing with no trinkets up and 2 AM charges. Ideally you want all trinkets/procs up and 2 AM charges, but if trying to force AM procs means you will miss out on trinket/proc uptime inside of AT, then go into it without AM procs.
    Last edited by Saegno; 2014-01-16 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Deleted
    yeah my guild have it on farm as well, it's not about effective dps and all about dps padding right now. I was somehow 200k dps behind our top WW monk and I felt like I'm the worst mage in the world lol. I guess I'll go up the hill and dot up the engineer adds as well see where that gets me.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm torn.

I got IJ legs (hc, not wf), and i dunno if i should just dump 4pc, get the garrosh head (N) and stick with 2p, or just stay with 4pc with normal legs (chest+gloves hc)

Has anyone tested the mana threshold when at more than 100% mastery? I was finally able to myself to 101% and wasn't sure if we can burn lower safely or if we're better off just sticking with 80% while barraging at > 85%?

Quote Originally Posted by Mastamage View Post
    Has anyone tested the mana threshold when at more than 100% mastery? I was finally able to myself to 101% and wasn't sure if we can burn lower safely or if we're better off just sticking with 80% while barraging at > 85%?
    I haven't done extensive testing with it, but as I sit at 111% mastery currently I haven't noticed any significant change in how mastery work with mana levels, I even try to stay higher whenever possible, with the haste I have (11.7k) I find it quite easy to stay at 85-90% mana. I don't know why you would want to dip lower with more mastery, I would argue that the more mastery you have the higher you would want to keep your mana.

Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    I haven't done extensive testing with it, but as I sit at 111% mastery currently I haven't noticed any significant change in how mastery work with mana levels, I even try to stay higher whenever possible, with the haste I have (11.7k) I find it quite easy to stay at 85-90% mana. I don't know why you would want to dip lower with more mastery, I would argue that the more mastery you have the higher you would want to keep your mana.
    I agree with staying higher. I just wasn't sure if it was more forgiving should we burn an AB too low. I try to stay at 85% mana all around rather than 80.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Voltaa which addon do you use to manage mana %? I've tried this, but its not as custumizable as i'ld like it to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morpheuspt View Post
    Voltaa which addon do you use to manage mana %? I've tried this, but its not as custumizable as i'ld like it to be.
    hey i am not voltaa and i dont know exactly what you are looking for but in my opinion you only need a very simple addon to track mana so i like this one here
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/player-mana-percent

edit: Dang i did not see you link on my phone sry^^ ignore this post
    Last edited by mmoc1c224a56f4; 2014-01-17 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheuspt View Post
    I use weakauras to track it, here's my string

Code:
    dyeRiaGirXLivOrjqNsaRIufVIevMfu6wGWUGQ0VuKKHjuhJuwgu8msvnnfLRPkTnsOVPkmouLohQI3rcMhPICpfv7JujDqsf1cvKyIKOuxKuj2OQiFKevDsfj1kjPBIO2jQQFQkQgQIulLubpfPPcvUkuv(kjkASKQ0zjvQ9s8xsKblDyGfdvvpwvnzHCzv2SG(mImAq0PrLxtIsMnOUTOA3O8BrgoiTCipxHPR01ry7QIY3HQy8kIZlkTEsuy)ulAcoHMl0iHgj4eAyITuoLXj8NHrO)eCcj4e(Ac)yHpg5PhkIHhfX8qX4zXAV8YdpsieVZKvOrCdOWGS4UjRq1rMqjylIJePdj4e6NySPCHgsW(lxIfmGvDDDDr3sGyUHa4Xz1JfjRqrhjUedxwONq3BYk0fXrI0HeCcDZc9e6NySPCH(jgBkxPnl0tOJfSedH(jgBkNpi)eAib7VCjwWaw1111fo9bWU5GjKbmG7Cx8X42Pt45qKbtcMbkmi7HYeqbR6666cN(ay3pbcrgWaUZDXhJBNoHNdfmduyq2dLjGcw1111Ll0n4NaHidyaxD1nhmHmGbc4UqEmR66666666(jqiYagWDUBoyczadOGvDDDDpwKvDDDDHtFaSl0d9DN7g8tGqKbmG7u5MdMqgWabC1JRwCScUUUUw1111fo9bWUHjuoy3lYDU7yrCms4nmHYbBWm6iEdZG1f6H(buWQUUUUCHUHjuoy3lYD(C3mAXAzCti3WekhS7f5oFUBggGLXDH8yw11111111nmHYb7ErUZDZKXQUUUUhlYQUUUUOBjqm3WekhS7fz1Jfj07zhBhcfF8NACkn9ZvM6Ioi0pK3xzj07zhBf6NySPCHgsW(lxIfmGvDDr3sGyUlI4S6XIe6NySPCLGKl6e6YLFrYkuque3YLyayLwehjshAi4KvOzFEy44wHpeAVXcfpCrlKYt8oJNhXyM9G33hAAAXZKqiM9qOtEEy44wHpeX4noowddM4hX6RH5vOHj2kuLDcXnMEAHYiYXH4ir6qdHVMqH84ib5kp9YJwmppWOVI6pBwSggELqiM9qOagxoy5smbNqhlaTcoHcfDJBfAii6KvO5aoMGtOlcWgWG9WLf6j0XIaCKGCXHaSbmypHo(a4BIWxtO)eCcPZcFnH(tWjKYlp9YJ(Z0ENXBS(Ay0F2JhsieVkkuIXP0IaSbmypb)cDZc9e6NySPCHUiaBad27jc2xOOBjqm3qc2F5sSGqrjsOBmW6owaA1lw3XcqRUX6gDWlqVyDJo4fO7aw11fDlbI5owaA1RRY5gekkrcDJHRECJo4fO3ayDhlaT62v5CdcfLiHUXWvpUrh8c0DaRESiRk0XhaFzf(AcfadfsGWpwOte(XcnRWpwO)eCcHll0tOFIXMYf6pbNq6GWxtOeJtPFcoHe8l0FcoHEIG9fk6wceZnKG9xUeliuuIe6gdSUinSUK0W6IFnSUanSUimyDjHbRl(XG1fGjGvDDDDHtFaSBoyczad4o3fFmUD6eEoezWKGzGcdYEOmbuWQUUUUWPpa29tGqKbmG7Cx8X42Pt45qbZafgK9qzcOGvDDDD5cDd(jqiYagWvxDZbtidyGaUlKhZQUUUUUUUUFceImGbCN7MdMqgWakyvxxx3Jfzvxxxx40ha7c9qF35Ub)eiezad4ovU5GjKbmqax94QfhRGvDDDD5cDHEOVRo5YRI491DH8yw11111111fDlbI5I59fRBmw3ySUyEFDDDDDHac0fzvxxx3dECCHUqp03vNC5rF8I51DH8yw11111111fDlbI5I59fRlM3xSUXyDX8(666cbeUzpy4eESQRRR7bpoR66666666IULaXCJX6I59fRBmwxmVVUUUUUqaHlj0DmR6666ESiRESiHIslypHFSqJiqGLlXeQMq)j4eAkYtk(GxnE5rdtS(VkYJI8(qcH49HScnKJXnGuWjuOOBCRqdbrNSYku4eisWjuIXP0hgmgYuekkbFcoHMtaVCcozLvOeJtPb07ltrOeJtPFkh)GvMIqhqVVGtOdogj4t4RjRq)WGXqWj0bhJe8juY6SYRlYkRq5IekzadiRqhcfPfl0Nj81MPflRia

Deleted
    What is the best rotation on thok H when the stacks get high? is it CoC/AE spam and missles between roars? should I spend my 4 stacks on barrage?

10+ Year Old Account
    What is the best rotation on thok H when the stacks get high? is it CoC/AE spam and missles between roars? should I spend my 4 stacks on barrage?
    I'm sitting at a bit over 13K haste and can get a full AB or AM off in between every roar. IIRC as long as you are over 11Kish haste you should be able to get a full AB or AM off, so reforging into a bit more haste for that fight might be helpful.
    If you can't/wont reforge or don't have enough haste and you find yourself getting clipped then build charges with AE/AM(If you can't get a full one off use a stopcast macro and get as many bolts in as you can) and dump with ABarr.

Be sure to replace rune during Dev aura and get as much full dps time in as you can. During bat phase prioritize dumping charges with ABarr as soon as you hit 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    I'm sitting at a bit over 13K haste and can get a full AB or AM off in between every roar. IIRC as long as you are over 11Kish haste you should be able to get a full AB or AM off, so reforging into a bit more haste for that fight might be helpful.
    You can get a full AM/AB off in the cast window at 9762 haste if you use frost armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can get AB/AM to 1.4 (or just under) second cast time you'll be fine using an AB/AM + AE/CoC/Bomb rotation. Roars cap at about 2.4 seconds between them, so aim for two casts between them, with instants being a safe option for the second spell - though with lust or the meta up you can pretty easily fit in 2xAB/AM and stutter cast to miss the interrupt.

I often don't drop stacks at all during p1 since AE won't drop your mana a ton and you'll have lots of extra AM procs. Also very easy to drop Rune between casts since it'll be around 1.1 seconds, so no need to wait for Devo.

In the arcane mage rotation you can use macros with nochanneling or not. I guess using the nochannling in arcane blast, arcane barrage, arcane missile and mage bomb make us loose at least the lag ammount we have at that time. Because you can hit the button few point seconds earlier to compensate the lag. My question is, using the nochanneling and loosing this lag amount of time is something that would worth not using the nochanneling in our macros?

Hi guys, a quick question: Should I always use Mage armor if i have 13500 haste, even in single fights?
    Last edited by whitexexe; 2014-01-21 at 01:36 PM.

Hi guys one question about gearing http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nerfire/simple this is my char with I currently wear I also got the Tier Sholder 561 ilvl and the Heroic version of the Juggernauts Power Core what do you think would be the best setup? Anyone ?
    Last edited by shady1989; 2014-01-23 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by calil View Post
    In the arcane mage rotation you can use macros with nochanneling or not. I guess using the nochannling in arcane blast, arcane barrage, arcane missile and mage bomb make us loose at least the lag ammount we have at that time. Because you can hit the button few point seconds earlier to compensate the lag. My question is, using the nochanneling and loosing this lag amount of time is something that would worth not using the nochanneling in our macros?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the built-in lag tolerance function will take care of this (or alternately functionality in addons like Quartz).

Hey guys, I'm new to Arcane and already mostly doing better than I did as Frost. Was wondering if I could get some help in:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hatonin/simple

1) Gear - Apart from the offhand, which pieces do I want to change for BiS items? (Weapon and trinkets primary concern)
    2) At which mana should I sit around, and at which point should I worry about it being too low?
    3) With the 4P, am I correct that at 4 stacks an Arcane Blast follows one Arcane Missiles?
    4) Is Living Bomb or Nether Tempest the way to go? Are there any realistic haste breakpoints that can be reached this tier?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eschatonin View Post
    Hey guys, I'm new to Arcane and already mostly doing better than I did as Frost. Was wondering if I could get some help in:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hatonin/simple

1) Gear - Apart from the offhand, which pieces do I want to change for BiS items? (Weapon and trinkets primary concern)
    2) At which mana should I sit around, and at which point should I worry about it being too low?
    3) With the 4P, am I correct that at 4 stacks an Arcane Blast follows one Arcane Missiles?
    4) Is Living Bomb or Nether Tempest the way to go? Are there any realistic haste breakpoints that can be reached this tier?
    1) AskMrRobot can help with this question
    2) You want to sit as close to 100% as possible, but personally if I have no arcane missile procs, I'm at 4 stacks, and my bombs aren't about to run out, I'll barrage at 85% (or higher if I have a bunch of big trinket procs about to end soon).
    3) You are correct until you get to like 85% mana. You never want your mana to go below 80% unless you have a mana gem or unless you'll have NOTHING to do for a bit (which doesn't really happen in SoO)
    4) Haste breakpoint 9762 then stack mastery. Use frost armor with LB (unless you have more than one target), and mage armor with NT