Deleted
    Arcane AoE is so low and complex there's really no wrong way to AoE like Aquamonkey said (except blizzard xD)

I usually dont even bother on trashs, I just NT 2/3 mobs, get to 6 stacks and AE like a madman . (i'm haste, so ABarr isnt a viable option)

Now, on boss, that's different (Windlord comes in mind). I use glyphed LB then single target the adds down.

Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Arcane AoE is so low and complex there's really no wrong way to AoE like Aquamonkey said (except blizzard xD)

I usually dont even bother on trashs, I just NT 2/3 mobs, get to 6 stacks and AE like a madman . (i'm haste, so ABarr isnt a viable option)

Now, on boss, that's different (Windlord comes in mind). I use glyphed LB then single target the adds down.
    complex?? hmm i guess its not 1 button spam to maximize dps

our aoe dps is great imo (not as good as surv hunter though) but its up there its not the worst

most of trash i use LB(if i have it that is most of time not really) engineering frag belt (instant 80k damage to all target) flamestrike and spam AE

i dunno why flamestrike is not used since its a aoe dot damage u can pretty much cast it once then spam AE afterwards
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    complex?? hmm i guess its not 1 button spam to maximize dps

our aoe dps is great imo (not as good as surv hunter though) but its up there its not the worst

most of trash i use LB(if i have it that is most of time not really) engineering frag belt (instant 80k damage to all target) flamestrike and spam AE

i dunno why flamestrike is not used since its a aoe dot damage u can pretty much cast it once then spam AE afterwards

I said complex because theres lots of way to aoe has arcane and none of them really stand out. Some use NT on 3 target, some NT every thing, some use Flamestrike some don't, some use glyphed LB..

Meanwhile on priest, spam mind sear and doubles ur dps.

From the PTR patch notes

"Invocation now removes Evocation's cooldown, and reduces its channeling time and duration by 50%. A completed Evocation now grants 15% increased damage for 1 minute after an Evocation is completed, instead of 25% increased damage for 40 seconds".

"For Arcane Mages, Evocation now restores 40% (was 60%) of total mana over 6 seconds, and consumes all Arcane Charges. For each Arcane Charge consumed, the total amount of mana regenerated is increased by 10%, up to a maximum of 80% over 6 seconds. Evocation remains the same for Fire and Frost".

Do we disregard the first quote "reduces its channeling time and duration by 50%" or Evocation now restores 40% (was 60%) of total mana over 6 seconds.
    It is hard keeping up with this and confusing if anyone could clear this up for me I would appreciate it. I am trying to see what my options and play style are for 5.2.

Thanks.

Deleted
    Disregard neither.

Arcane changes Evocation, not how the Evocation channel behaves when you take Invocation.

Basically, Arcane w/ Invocation will be 3s channel (assuming 0% Haste) which will restore 40% of your maximum mana (assuming 0 stacks) and give you 15% increased damage for 1 minute.

Following on from this, as I haven't seen any serious theorycrafting regarding the new rotation and I'm far too lazy to sift through the drivel of the 5.2 thread;

What's Arcane rotation in 5.2? Are we using Barrage to clear stacks or using Invo to burn lower, similar to current live Invo playstyle? (assuming Invocation is taken. RoP I would guess is Barrage clearing at a certain % to maintain mana).
    Last edited by mmoc7cd3c912a5; 2013-02-14 at 11:15 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Arcane

- Arcane Barrage damage is increased by 40% per Arcane Charge, down from 50%.
    - Arcane Blast damage is increased by 40% per Arcane Charge, down from 50%. Base damage increased 33%. SP scaling decreased by 11%. Mana cost is increased by 120% per Arcane Charge, down from 150%.
    - Arcane Charge is now also consumed by Evocation. Evocation's mana generation is increased by 25% per charge.
    - Arcane Missiles base damage reduced by 30% and SP scaling reduced by 10%. Damage is increased by 40% per Arcane Charge, down from 50%.
    then quickly
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We continue to tweak Arcane numbers, so if you're trying to theorycraft Arcane, you may want to hold on for a bit longer. At the moment, we have restored Arcane Charge back to +50% damage and +150% mana cost but reduced the damage of Arcane Blast (-22.2%), Arcane Missiles (-22.2%) and Arcane Barrage (-13.6%).
    Seems they still have no idea what to do...

Seems like they're testing things in internal builds and making changes based on those results...

Been a while since I've gotten to stretch my legs in my favorite thread...HI GUYS

But ya as for 5.2, it seems like Arcane is just going to be a whirlwind of buffs and nerfs for the first few weeks and I'm really not liking how things are looking, hopefully after some time they'll realize that our spec/mechanics were really good in 5.1 and we just needed a slight numbers tweak.

10+ Year Old Account
    I should probably start rewriting the guide this week. Gah.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    I should probably start rewriting the guide this week. Gah.
    I dont really see a point, as we dont really even know the form arcane is going to hit live in 5.2 yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh we know. They're gonna keep the 4 Charges, we just don't know exactly what gameplay will be optimal and what our damage will be. Just a matter of testing, but based on zomgDPS's experiment it seems that Mastery+ROP is still the best.

But, will haste-invocation still be viable? I really can`t get used to playing with RoP so if hast-invo no longer are viable I`ll probably try my luck with Fire RNG again = )

10+ Year Old Account
    Who knows. If zomgDPS acts cool and doesn't get banned again on our forums, he'll probably fill us in on a lot of testing results he keeps doing on the PTR.

Not being able to max stack 100% mana missiles after evocation seems to have hurt that style's dps a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Who knows. If zomgDPS acts cool and doesn't get banned again on our forums, he'll probably fill us in on a lot of testing results he keeps doing on the PTR.
    Not really holding my breath on that one :S is there not anyone else also testing it out?

Deleted
    I've given up on Arcane.

Further nerfs are just disappointing, really. I see almost 0 justification for the nerfs unless Blizzard are doing something we haven't thought of - which I highly doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    I've given up on Arcane.

Further nerfs are just disappointing, really. I see almost 0 justification for the nerfs unless Blizzard are doing something we haven't thought of - which I highly doubt.
    Arcane Blast's damage has been reduced by 22.2% and mana cost has been increased to 1.66667% of base mana (was 1.5%).
    Arcane Missile's damage has been reduced by 22.2%.
    Arcane Barrage's damage has been reduced by 13.6%.

I'm with you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mana View Post
    Arcane Blast's damage has been reduced by 22.2% and mana cost has been increased to 1.66667% of base mana (was 1.5%).
    Arcane Missile's damage has been reduced by 22.2%.
    Arcane Barrage's damage has been reduced by 13.6%.

I'm with you
    Yeah theres a new one since then, on top on this one .

Deleted
    That being said, they did mention that for any changes we need to take into consideration new gear and scaling. I'm still not quite sure tbh. Ah... how I miss those OP WoTLK pre-Cata patch days. Never mind that I was basically spamming one key. xD

Also, bear in mind that we will have 4 stacks of charges now, meaning we will be casting much more max stack ABarrs. I'm not on the PTR so I can't really test the impact of this though.
    Last edited by mmocab9e8c0450; 2013-02-23 at 11:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Silenus- View Post
    That being said, they did mention that for any changes we need to take into consideration new gear and scaling. I'm still not quite sure tbh. Ah... how I miss those OP WoTLK pre-Cata patch days. Never mind that I was basically spamming one key. xD

Also, bear in mind that we will have 4 stacks of charges now, meaning we will be casting much more max stack ABarrs. I'm not on the PTR so I can't really test the impact of this though.
    We tested it, extensively, don't worry