10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathDefier View Post
    Also another random note, you never want to missles at full mana ever.
    Except when you have 2 AM procs.

Deleted
    With my gear lvl I almost only can do AB-AM-AM-ABar in the 6 seconds window

during the burst if you stack haste have lust and are a troll anyone should be able to do AB AM AB AM ABarr but without berserking and or lust your mileage my vary

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenica View Post
    Guys im wondering wich enchant is better fo my Regail's Crackling Dagger (Elite) , Windsong or Jade spirit ? Also playing arcane im curiouse about this elite dagger , is it better than sha 1 hand or staff or should i roll for sha weapon in future ? ( combo of this elite + offhand awsome mastery upgrade for my arcane )
    Also a bit confused with trinkets .. Got DM trink (upgraded it ) also have Essence of Terror and Light of Cosmos (both LFR) So wich combo i should use Thank you in advance .
    still waiting for an answer... not sure to upgrade my dagger or not , change enchat from windsong or not

still waiting for an answer... not sure to upgrade my dagger or not , change enchat from windsong or not
    Jade Spirit is WAY WAY WAY better, So no you should not pick windsong over it. And the dagger upgrade is sort of double sided, the 1 hand sword is prolly better at least after you get the 5.1 wrathion quest chain done. And ye its 500-550 more sp and some stats, so the dps increase is huge, And as for trinkets I feel like essence of terror is better than cosmos..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    during the burst if you stack haste have lust and are a troll anyone should be able to do AB AM AB AM ABarr but without berserking and or lust your mileage my vary
    I'm a troll, but my race ingame is Gnome (hehe).

I can, without fail, do AB AM AB AM ABarr, every alter time without lust or berserking. Just have to get enough haste.

Deleted
    Elite Dagger will stay ahead of 1h Sword until you get the HC version; if you're close to a HC kill would be worth waiting for HC Tsulong; if not keep the dagger.
    Jade Spirit > All enchants after the PPM change.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamSpyre View Post
    I can, without fail, do AB AM AB AM ABarr, every alter time without lust or berserking. Just have to get enough haste.
    Not everyone runs your levels of haste though

As I only pop AT with Berserking I guarantee AB AM AB AM Barrage, during Lust am able to fit in a third AB before Barrage as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post

As I only pop AT with Berserking I guarantee AB AM AB AM Barrage, during Lust am able to fit in a third AB before Barrage as well.
    Yeah, lol, but It's so lenient that you don't have to have as much haste as I do in order to do it.

Well, its the Essence of Terror that makes it possible really.. On pulls just having it proc is enough for me to get AM, AB, AM, AB, AB, barrage.. And I got only 7500 haste atm cause am still running with full fire gear as havent gotten a single drop in 2 weeks now xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Jade Spirit is WAY WAY WAY better, So no you should not pick windsong over it. And the dagger upgrade is sort of double sided, the 1 hand sword is prolly better at least after you get the 5.1 wrathion quest chain done. And ye its 500-550 more sp and some stats, so the dps increase is huge, And as for trinkets I feel like essence of terror is better than cosmos..
    Ehh i meant Elite dagger ,, it will be loss of mastery if i look for sha sword , and if i look for staff And also Elite dagger got more sp than sha weapons.. Ty for your answer So about trinkets i shoould keep my DM and Essence then ?

---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 08:23 PM ----------

Elite Dagger will stay ahead of 1h Sword until you get the HC version; if you're close to a HC kill would be worth waiting for HC Tsulong; if not keep the dagger.
    Jade Spirit > All enchants after the PPM change.

Thanks a lot for your answer , so for now ill keep and upgrade my Dagger then So i should not roll for staff then if its drops next week as i understood , Hc Sword or Elite dagger are Bis for me . Im i right ? Also ill keep Dm trinket then with Cosmos . (cosmos and light are both lfr so i had mixed fealing what should i use )

The sword is better than the dagger, even if it's the 503 dagger against the 496 sword. You'll regain the difference in spellpower with the sha touched gem, and you will gain stats over it once the prismatic socket is able to be added, but that's not likely til the next major patch. Now the heroic elite dagger is far better than the 496 sword, but again comes down to just about even with the heroic sword.

So I was going over some of my logs since switching to arcane and asked myself what a lot of us have been asking since then, "is scorch weaving actually a dps increase?"

I looked at two Gara'jal parses of mine, last week and this week, and came to the conclusion that...it's the same dps.

I did 1k more dps while scorch weaving than I did with barrage resets but also had upgraded my cloak from the 496 crit cloak to the 503 elite cloak (better stat distribution/ilvl).
    I am not dumb enough to believe that my two parses are even remotely close to a large enough sample size to determine the answer but I am wondering if anyone else has tried barrage resets one week and scorch weaving the next and came to different results? I would really like to see some other log comparisons so we can settle the issue, or maybe it just doesn't make a difference, who knows.

Scorch

Barrage

In Simcraft I get haste higher than mastery, but I don't get a value for haste after the breakpoint is reached. Is there any way of doing this?

Deleted
    If you ask me, u can do more damage just be never letting your stacks fall off. Get full stacks, keep spamming arcane blast until u drop below 80% mana, use missle procs and spam scorch to regenerate. Add blast between. Stand on rune of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Huuhailija View Post
    If you ask me, u can do more damage just be never letting your stacks fall off. Get full stacks, keep spamming arcane blast until u drop below 80% mana, use missle procs and spam scorch to regenerate. Add blast between. Stand on rune of power.
    How did you come to this conclusion? How much testing have you done between resetting and camping? Was it on high movement or standstill fights? Do you have logs?

Right now what the arcane community needs is extensive testing and logs of many players, on all the fights, using both rotations with both builds, not speculation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    So I was going over some of my logs since switching to arcane and asked myself what a lot of us have been asking since then, "is scorch weaving actually a dps increase?"

I looked at two Gara'jal parses of mine, last week and this week, and came to the conclusion that...it's the same dps.

I did 1k more dps while scorch weaving than I did with barrage resets but also had upgraded my cloak from the 496 crit cloak to the 503 elite cloak (better stat distribution/ilvl).
    I am not dumb enough to believe that my two parses are even remotely close to a large enough sample size to determine the answer but I am wondering if anyone else has tried barrage resets one week and scorch weaving the next and came to different results? I would really like to see some other log comparisons so we can settle the issue, or maybe it just doesn't make a difference, who knows.
    Intersting !!! Btw i notice on Stone Guard HC i do much moore dammage with baraging and reseting stacks than with scorch weaving , tried both but dammage with barrage is awsome (doting 2 near bosses with NT all the time ) Also best damage i do when my haste at 7.57% but with frost armour and raid buffs i go over 20%, rest ofc mastery stacked . tried with frost and mage on many fights still using frost for eaxtra tick helps with dps and my mastery with no buffs at 43.57% (8270) also my current haste with no buffs is 7.57% (3219) . Im still testing and very curiouse wich is actually better . But i believe all depence of the fights.,
    Last edited by mmocc3b531da29; 2012-12-15 at 01:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    How did you come to this conclusion? How much testing have you done between resetting and camping? Was it on high movement or standstill fights? Do you have logs?

Right now what the arcane community needs is extensive testing and logs of many players, on all the fights, using both rotations with both builds, not speculation.
    I came to this by target dummy testing fights without movement, besides even with little movement scorch still procs missiles to keep your stacks up. Just gave better dps overall since arcane blast is always hitting hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Huuhailija View Post
    I came to this by target dummy testing fights without movement, besides even with little movement scorch still procs missiles to keep your stacks up. Just gave better dps overall since arcane blast is always hitting hard.
    Do you have any logs to show the difference? I'd be interested in seeing a gara'jal kill using each method to see exactly what the dps difference was. I want to see a sample of each method from as many mages as possible to see the difference in dps after looking at my own two parses and seeing an absolutely minimal difference.

Deleted
    ok so after some extensive testing to dummies. Its more dps not the reset your stacks with barrage and manage mana by offcasting scorch / missle procs. My gear managed to pull 72-74k with my buffs only when resetting stacks barely broke 60k mark depending what time missile procs came. Reasoning for this to actually be more dps wise ? Cus your every missile proc, has full potential damage increase from arcane charge, your every arcane blast fully benefits from it too. And using arcane power to spam fully stacked arcane blast is very good ( also use mana gem with it to keep healthy mana when cd's r up ). Ofc this method drains your mana like shit and its only strongest when u can sit on rune of power 24/7 but im its defo viable way to play it and atm just pulls more dps for me.