Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    Hmmm, I don't recall but I may have said that at one point. What I have been doing for the last 6 months or so is Mage Armor every fight, regardless of my haste (both of my Mages even went below the 9762 haste point for a while) only switching to frost armor for 70% or so of iron jug. at the ~13k haste point is where we once would have said no more Frost Armor, but outside of Bloodlust, I would disagree with this now and say you still want FA for pure single target, it's just the pure difference in rating.
    Just to clarify. I sit at 13191 haste and still u recommend to to use Frost Armor on pure single outside of Bloodlust , for example Jugge and Malkorok tho on both of them BL is at start, so after BL switch for FA and continue ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mejn View Post
    Just to clarify. I sit at 13191 haste and still u recommend to to use Frost Armor on pure single outside of Bloodlust , for example Jugge and Malkorok tho on both of them BL is at start, so after BL switch for FA and continue ?
    Jugg yes, Malk still use MA for the cleave, though this week I might try doing 13/14 with FA as a little experiment.

Anyone notice that the rune of power "bug" is happening more frequently? Just in the past two weeks of raiding it's happened to me 3 or 4 times. By bug I'm referring to the rune simply not giving its buff when standing in it. By now I sort of have a pattern of where I place my rune for each boss. But somehow something has changed. Does anyone know what triggers this bug? At first I thought it was uneven ground but it just happened to me last night on thok and it was annoying because i had to run 10 yards out of the group and stand there instead because if you place a rune that doesn't work, placing another rune that overlaps that one makes it so that one won't work either. You have to put it in a completely different spot. It's really frustrating when on the pull you're going oom and it takes you a bit to figure out why. lol I have a weakaura for it but I don't always pay attention to it for the pull. I kinda assume it's gonna work cause I'm ya know... standing in it >>

Deleted
    That "bug" you refer too happens when you place your rune and after that you change a tallent or glyph. The case is exactly the same as the mage armor disappearance when you change glyph/tallent - the buff dissaper, even tho you see the visuals of RoP underneath you and you have to recast it.
    The best way to fix it is to cast RoP right before you use pot on the pull. That will ensure you wount encounter that "bug".

Have a nice lockout ^-^

10+ Year Old Account
    So you open the fight as arcane. Pop potion, mirror images etc..

Get to your 4 stacks, totem trinket procs but not purified, do you barrage and then build up again hoping for immerseus trinket? Or do you go without? I find it can really make or break my dps sometimes because the immerseus trinket refuses to proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    So you open the fight as arcane. Pop potion, mirror images etc..

Get to your 4 stacks, totem trinket procs but not purified, do you barrage and then build up again hoping for immerseus trinket? Or do you go without? I find it can really make or break my dps sometimes because the immerseus trinket refuses to proc.
    If PBoI is off icd and alter time is up you should be waiting for your expanded mind proc, barrage and build again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Three quick questions:
    is MageManaBar addon still the best for tracking mana;
    is wand hc from spoils better than sword wf hc from nazgim for arcane;
    and is hc neck from norushen better than wf hc neck from shamans?

Thank you!

Deleted
    If PBoI is off icd and alter time is up you should be waiting for your expanded mind proc, barrage and build again.
    If you dont mind i wanna add something here. Recently i started to try "force" PBoI proc via arcane missles and i think it is working. Last 3 lockouts i didnt really had problems to get the damn proc within 10 seconds after the pull. I just started to not care if i have AM for the AT use. Just as soon as i get the procs from both trinkets i blow AT. I beleive that at my ilvl this way of thinking and acting is more beneficial, so you can get the proc from PBoI as fast as possible on the pull (especialy the ones with hero) to maximise "dat burst yo"

@Garvan
    1) It's totaly up to you. If you like the interface and its easy for you to track your mana % go for it. I used it before. Then i used weak aura for it. But recenly i felt my screen was too cramped so i just set my MSBT to play hard annoying sound when i drop below 85% and funny/happy one when im on 100% x)
    2) yes
    3.1) short answer - should be fairly equal
    3.2) long answer - if u are above 13163 haste maybe it will be better, if not keep the shaman's wf jewelery till you get the norushen's wf jewelery

For the shaman neck, I'd personally (and this is just my opinion no math) go with non WF noru neck. The shaman neck has way too much budget in hit and you will get more useful stat allocation out of the mastery neck. I am a bit of a mastery whore though and refuse to use items without native mastery (aside from KTT).

10+ Year Old Account
    Thx for answer,
    Wand and neck are in my bag and still not full upgraded, just wanna know is it worth to spend next VPs on them.

P.S. My haste is 13179 atm

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...vijan/advanced
    Last edited by voltaa; 2014-07-11 at 04:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    @Garvan
    2) yes
    I think you overlooked that he was asking if the regular heroic wand was better than the heroic warforged sword. Its not, but given equal ilvls it would be.

Deleted
    Am I right in assuming the 3 WF off pieces is still more overall dps? Because I have recently acquired them all. Also, is it better single target, or just multi-target?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    Am I right in assuming the 3 WF off pieces is still more overall dps? Because I have recently acquired them all. Also, is it better single target, or just multi-target?

Voltaa's quick guide to whether you should use 4 piece:

Have you killed Heroic: Garrosh Hellscream? If not, use the 4 piece.
    Do you have Dou-Dou Chong shoulders, Fusespark Gloves and Ebon Ritual Hood? If not, use the 4 piece.
    "But I have x,y,z warforged off-pieces can't I use those?" No, use the 4 piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    It will give you the potential to do slightly better on multi target and theoretically it is better single target as well, but good RNG with the 4 set is extremely strong for single target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    Voltaa's quick guide to whether you should use 4 piece:

Have you killed Heroic: Garrosh Hellscream? If not, use the 4 piece.
    Do you have Dou-Dou Chong shoulders, Fusespark Gloves and Ebon Ritual Hood? If not, use the 4 piece.
    "But I have x,y,z warforged off-pieces can't I use those?" No, use the 4 piece.
    If you read my post you would have saw I have all those pieces. Was just asking to confirm if it's still the case to use them after ilvl upgrades ^^

- - - Updated - - -

It will give you the potential to do slightly better on multi target and theoretically it is better single target as well, but good RNG with the 4 set is extremely strong for single target.
    Alright thanks a lot

Deleted
    Heh i don't know man. As voltaa said it might be 'slightly' better and at that ilvl ( i assume 587ish) it alreayd doesnt matter unless you are trying ot race with another mage in your group, so in the end it all comes to gameplay style. Atleast from my personal point of view on the game that is

I personaly prefer the 4 set, because i love when RNG bless me and i become an arcane missiles mashinegun. I just love my screen flooded with numbers

How much mastery do you want to be sitting at for arcane?

They is no mastery cap. Get as much as possible, easy rule

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    How good is haste for arcane? I mean, I know it lies between mastery and crit, but is it better to gem for expertise and therefore lose intellect to gain haste for arcane? (I know this method works for frost) I'm full mastery build of course so I can't gain anymore mastery.
    My mage is 582 arcane fyi.

Edit: I also have the heirloom staff heroic, would that be better over the hc wf one hander that doesn't have mastery?
    Last edited by Hypasonic; 2014-07-24 at 05:44 AM.

Deleted
    At your ilvl haste and mastery should be pretty close.
    For me personaly (im a little above 13163 break point) haste is weaker than mastery by 0,3. If i go under 13163 the difference between mastery and haste is like 0,1. Overall fairly close, but ,as there was long discussion here about the topic, its rather pointless to have more haste than 13163, but of course also it is not bad to have more than that number.

On the gemming question - for red socket you should be aiming for keen gem (exp/mastery), unless your gear have too much hit rating of course. Reason - you will get to reforge to more mastery from hit on the gear and i'm sure you know that 160 mastery is better than 80 int for arcane mage.

On the weapon question i cant really answer that. I think it depends on 3 things:
    1) Most important thing - what is your offhand.
    2) If you are human and the said weapon you wear is the sword from Nazgrim. Then 3% expertise and the extra spell power should be better in that case (again depending on the offhand)
    3) If u are gnome and wear either the sword from Nazgrim or the dagger from Klaxxi - look 2)

Wild guess - if you are neither human nor gnome and you have either Juggernaut or Thok offhand and its not hc WF the heirloom staff should be better due the mastery gain and the 2 red sockets. But if the off hand is WF then "t's complicated" and the best answer you will get is when you "Run SimC"