Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Some things I observed tonight in terrace:

Using AE on hidden Lei Shei refreshes your AC stacks.

Stacks still refresh from AE on the Sha adds even though it says deflect.

And unrelated to terrace, but in general, if you have to move and are in danger of losing your stacks, and have a missles proc, stop, cast missles, then move super quick will count to reset your stacks.

These of course might have already been mentioned.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Missiles thing is widely known - a Charge is generated whenever you finish casting Missiles, but it didn't have to be the entire spell.

However, the Lei Shi thing is new and it's actually huge and very important for Arcane dps there.

Should I have posted that before? I've been doing it every week and thought it was obvious >_>
    I use AE to keep my stacks up on single target bosses with movement all the time, it didn't even occur to me that people wouldn't realise it also worked on Lei Shi

thats a nice little trick !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Should I have posted that before? I've been doing it every week and thought it was obvious >_>
    I use AE to keep my stacks up on single target bosses with movement all the time, it didn't even occur to me that people wouldn't realise it also worked on Lei Shi
    Yeah I mean it's obvious to do it on bosses which are there and you see them. I've only ever done Lei Shi on LFR and so far I've always used the time she was hiding to check Facebook or get water

Deleted
    Dont know if these been posted yet, for Sha of Fear.

Use Ice Barrier + Greater Invisibility to be able to survive Death blossom quite easily (temporal shield works too, but a bit more iffy), this enables you to pick up an orb or two, but more importantly do some damage on the Panda.

You can use IceBlock to circumvent the Fear the sha does, which means once every 2,5 minutes you basicaly ignore the fact you should run back to the save zone when there are adds up...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by namliam View Post
    Dont know if these been posted yet, for Sha of Fear.

Use Ice Barrier + Greater Invisibility to be able to survive Death blossom quite easily (temporal shield works too, but a bit more iffy), this enables you to pick up an orb or two, but more importantly do some damage on the Panda.
    If you're using invocation it works well to use the duration of death blossom to refresh it and you can use temporal shield to soak the 2nd hit of dread spray as the pattern is easily predictable.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

As the pattern is easily predictable you should only be getting hit by the first hit of dread spray :U
    I can understand getting hit twice the first time he casts it but after that you should have picked up a place where you can stand and only get hit once.

Unless by second hit you mean "every time he starts doing dread spray after the first" as it's conterproductive not to get hit by the first time he does it in a round.
    There's no need to ever get feared though

10+ Year Old Account
    As the pattern is easily predictable you should only be getting hit by the first hit of dread spray :U
    I can understand getting hit twice the first time he casts it but after that you should have picked up a place where you can stand and only get hit once.

Unless by second hit you mean "every time he starts doing dread spray after the first" as it's conterproductive not to get hit by the first time he does it in a round.
    Several guides said it doesn't matter if you get feared so we weren't even trying to avoid it on our first normal kill last week. On normal unless your having difficulty or your very close to killing the add before death blossom I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    Armory

You won't wipe if you get feared but there's really no reason to get hit by it when it's so easy to dodge.
    It'll ruin your DPS, especially as Arcane.

10+ Year Old Account
    You won't wipe if you get feared but there's really no reason to get hit by it when it's so easy to dodge.
    It'll ruin your DPS, especially as Arcane.
    You're going to lose a lot of dps to movement no matter what you do on the outer platforms. It's probably a slight dps increase to dodge because of the dps loss from the movement but it's only a 2 second fear.

The less damage you take the better but there's a lot of other things you're doing while your there like picking up orbs and trying to use cooldowns (timing alter time is interesting).
    Armory

Deleted
    You can avoid all of the dread sprays with only moving once(except for initial movement ofc.)

When you come to the platform run(blink) behind he's left leg as you enter, he will start he's spray towards were you land initially, then half way through spray you just step through him to the other side = win.

edit: it seems each platform has its own pattern of spray, but the general idea is still the same; find the safe spot for first half of spray, move slightly into next.

As for the dread spray there is an addon out there that shows you were he will shoot, kinda like the circle range checker. dont know what it is called as i do fine without.

Edit: found it http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/shaoffearassist I think there might be other similar addons, this was what i could find in a hurry =)
    Last edited by mmocd79892434a; 2013-01-08 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    If you're using invocation it works well to use the duration of death blossom to refresh it and you can use temporal shield to soak the 2nd hit of dread spray as the pattern is easily predictable.
    im arcane with ROP and we are working on H sha of fear and greater invis definitly helps to get the dude down faster (this is without buff first) then when you do get thge lee's buff you dont need to risk yourself doing this (usually at 40-60% hp followed by warlock cookie)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

While my guild was killing H Sha of Fear, I tried to find ways to keep my stacks up while cackling to platforms.

If you have the AE glyph and you AE just before you go through the arches on the outer edges of the Sha platform, you will refresh your stacks and keep them onto the platform. Just make sure that when you land on the Golden Lotus platform you throw out another quick AE to keep it up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bcc View Post
    While my guild was killing H Sha of Fear, I tried to find ways to keep my stacks up while cackling to platforms.

If you have the AE glyph and you AE just before you go through the arches on the outer edges of the Sha platform, you will refresh your stacks and keep them onto the platform. Just make sure that when you land on the Golden Lotus platform you throw out another quick AE to keep it up.
    You don't need the Glyph for this to work, just a little better timing than with the glyph.

Also, I embarrassingly figured out during Huddle and Terror pop Temporal Shield and it'l help you a tonne. 5% wipe when me and the other mage didnt know about this, just before we was about to burn it down. Moral of the story - read tooltips!

Quote Originally Posted by Utsegi View Post
    You don't need the Glyph for this to work, just a little better timing than with the glyph.

Also, I embarrassingly figured out during Huddle and Terror pop Temporal Shield and it'l help you a tonne. 5% wipe when me and the other mage didnt know about this, just before we was about to burn it down. Moral of the story - read tooltips!
    cold snap works when huddled as well

Blade Lord Heroic (or Normal)... Get Greater Invis. It removes the Wind Step DoT saving your healers tons of mana and stress. G Invis the First, Ice Block the second, then G Invis the next one (if there is a next one).

in sha of fear heroic make sure you spam mirror image and AP so the cd resets as you are in p2 (it takes roughly 2-3 odd seconds for the cd to reset from fading light)

6 mirror images?? pew pew

15+ Year Old Account
    You can also blink away from whatever blade lord's annihilate (frontal cone shit?).

You get "stunned" right before he casts.. so just strafe until you stop moving, blink.. saved.
    Or you can eat it to the face with Ice block.

Also.. I figured AE to refresh your AP stacks was a widely known thing...
    use it on knockbacks, movement.. basically anything where you can't spend 1.5s~(or so) to refresh with AB.

Greater Invis works wonders on just about anything...
    and it will be even better with a 90s cooldown

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    You can also blink away from whatever blade lord's annihilate (frontal cone shit?).

You get "stunned" right before he casts.. so just strafe until you stop moving, blink.. saved.
    Or you can eat it to the face with Ice block.

Also.. I figured AE to refresh your AP stacks was a widely known thing...
    use it on knockbacks, movement.. basically anything where you can't spend 1.5s~(or so) to refresh with AB.

Greater Invis works wonders on just about anything...
    and it will be even better with a 90s cooldown
    You can't ice block unseen strike, you'll die.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 08:56 PM ----------

With an addon you can avoid all the dread sprays or only get hit by one with just a little movement.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart