Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I think GW2 is the perfect game for the casual gamers. No monthly fee, no gear grind (i mean no grind for stats), equalized spvp, a lot of exploration and level scaling to zone. Well, my dream come true .

The new gameplay (no trinity) is finally something new in the mmo scene. I did AC storymode yesterday for the first time. It was a bit strange at the beginning (no tank pulling, no "regular" healing, dodging, moving a lot, switching weapons) but for sure very funny. Every player has now a bigger impact on the party, and the gear check is now something like a skill check (every one must dmg, heal, support, tank, revive, start and finish combos at the right time etc). I see pugging dungeons much more difficult than in other mmo.

In my opinion this game has a bright future, for sure many gamers will continue to appreciate it, but i must admit that i see that GW2 is not for everyone: the old schooler mmo players may have some trouble adpting to a new gameplay, and the most hardcore players (>3-5 hours every day) will miss the gear grind that is the only way to keep them busy for months.

PS. 1st post here, hi everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Manekk View Post
    Sounds like you need to go out and get some fresh air instead of ask for more gaming content, no really shut the computer off and go outside.
    What kind of design philosophy is this? "Don't play the game, 'go outside' instead"

This sort of attitude never helps games
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people are really going to have to weigh what subscription games provide them, and what games like GW2 provide, together heavily.

Because it's coming to the point where a lot of free-to-play games are offering just as quality, and just as much content as subscription based MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    I think people are really going to have to weigh what subscription games provide them, and what games like GW2 provide, together heavily.

Because it's coming to the point where a lot of free-to-play games are offering just as quality, and just as much content as subscription based MMOs.
    The market is definitely embracing the free to play, and buy to play models. SWTOR was probably the last big subscription based game, at least for the next 10-20 years
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazaxist View Post
    Bought GW2 - played for 1 hour, never played anymore.. wts account ;D

Infracted.
    Same here, i bought this game some week ago and i just can't get pass character creation screen. There is no race/class combination that i could ever think of playing. It's either some boring human, weird tigers/cats, small goblins? and some japanese lookalike races.
    I want to be something "uber". Females races look ok...but to play a female(humanlike) character in a fantasy game is not my cup of tea.
    Last edited by mmoc215749e86a; 2012-09-25 at 04:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cybo View Post
    Same here, i bought this game some week ago and i just can't get pass character creation screen. There is no race/class combination that i could ever think of playing. It's either some boring human, weird tigers/cats, small goblins? and some japanese lookalike races.
    I want to be something "uber". Females races look ok...but to play a female(humanlike) character in a fantasy game is not my cup of tea.
    Please, charr are so uber you just can't handle them.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...i bought this game some week ago and i just can't get pass character creation screen...
    I really don't want to be rude, but how could you buy a MMORPG without even looking the avaliable races/classes on google or at the official website...?

Oh hell yes. Guild Wars 1's best days came after 1-2 expansions. I see Guild Wars 2 doing the same. I can't wait for more content, because I enjoy the simple questing and exploration more than any other part of this game, and the lore is just awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope the future gets better, it cant get much worse, I will be keeping an eye, I still paid $60 so feel like I need my monies worth.

The last game I paid $60 for prior to GW2 was Sleeping Dogs...I've actually never even played it since I bought it before vacation and when I got back GW2 came out. So bad example...simultaneous to it was I guess Borderlands 2. Which I've played for a total of 3 hours. Prior to that was I guess Mass Effect 3, which I played through once...maybe 7 hours(?) and Skyrim which I never finished. GW2 has stolen about 180 hours from me since headstart. I'd say it's already worth the money so far.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The last game I paid $60 for prior to GW2 was Sleeping Dogs...I've actually never even played it since I bought it before vacation and when I got back GW2 came out. So bad example...simultaneous to it was I guess Borderlands 2. Which I've played for a total of 3 hours. Prior to that was I guess Mass Effect 3, which I played through once...maybe 7 hours(?) and Skyrim which I never finished. GW2 has stolen about 180 hours from me since headstart. I'd say it's already worth the money so far.
    Not calling you a liar but BL2 came out after GW2. Did you not pay for it? Lucky. It's a great co-op game

I said simultaneous, as in it came out at the same time I was playing GW2. Where did I say I didn't pay for it? I was running down a list of games I've paid for that have all fallen short of GW2 in terms of the time taken from it. BL2 to me is no different than BL1 and that one barely held my attention for long too. Not saying it's bad, just didn't enjoy it. The overriding point being, even if a month from now GW2 shut down or became a barren wasteland of no players I got more than my money's worth by comparison to 4 other games I've bought lately for the same, or near to the same price. But the best part is, given the longevity GW1 has seen, that's not likely to happen so I have plenty to look forward to and I'm excited to see it.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2012-09-25 at 07:31 PM.

I bought borderlands 2 as well. Only have a few hours into it but it's pretty fun. I won't get nearly the amount of playtime in it as I have with GW2 already though.

I made an impulse buy on the wow expansion last night, not sure why I did it. Been trying to play it today but just can't get into it. Anyway, as far as this topic? GW2 will be fine, although I'm not a fan of Orr. Hopefully they add in some of the other areas that are named but aren't open yet, like the Crystal Desert.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    At the moment I do believe GW2 is really good however at max level there is not much fun things to do and still not sure apart of PVP what good guilds are?!

The last game I paid $60 for prior to GW2 was Sleeping Dogs..
    I said simultaneous, as in it came out at the same time I was playing GW2. Where did I say I didn't pay for it?.
    If BL2 came out after GW2, then logic dictates that you didn't pay for it because the last game you paid prior to GW2 was Sleeping Dogs. Right? Unless you somehow got your hands on BL2 before GW2 was released..

Not calling you a liar or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    simultaneous to it was I guess Borderlands 2. Which I've played for a total of 3 hours.
    ^read that

You just read his post wrong, nighties.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I'm confused! Sry I'm dumb was just trying to clarify

Though GW2 came out 2-3 weeks before BL2, not sure how you can get it at the same time unless you held off on buying GW2 for that long. And then the question becomes.. the hells wrong with you?
    Last edited by nighties; 2012-09-25 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by |Dexter| View Post
    At the moment I do believe GW2 is really good however at max level there is not much fun things to do and still not sure apart of PVP what good guilds are?!
    Having friends and people to chat with in game?

Really, half the fun I find in an MMO is a guild to mess around with.

but yeah, on topic, I think we have to just see how GW2 goes content and design wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Suffux View Post
    I wouldn't say i powered through anything lol... i play around 3-5 hours a day =/
    5 hours a day and this every day IS powering. 24 hours = 6-8 hours sleep. 8-10 hours work. Then around 16 hours of the day are over. 8 left, and 5 of these 8 hours you play a game, right? You don't eat? You don't wash yourself? You dont make your laundry? You dont use your time for your wife or your kids? Conclusion is, you have to be jobless and a single to have 5 hours A DAY to play a video game, just a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Vice80 View Post
    My bet is they're just smart enough to realise that you can't compete with wow. Not yet. Shit or not, pandas or not, it's still way too popular, even though long past it's prime time. So I hope they just wait for ppl to realise what kind of shit mop is. Then, well, if I was at gw2 dev place anyway, I'd push out 2 big awesome content patches. 1 month after mop release (that would make it 2 months after gw2 release) and 1 more about 5 days before usual 2month subs (for ppl who bought mop and sub at release day) ends. 2 months is enough to see all new content and to realise what kind of shit mop is, and if they don't renew thier subs yet, the more reason for them to go back to gw2.
    I'd say they also need to add more rewards to wvw. High droprate of t6 crafting items, more gold, higher chance for yellows. I sit in wvw for hours, yet all I get is ~1g and maybe couple decent crafting mats.
    I'm glad we aren't game bashing anymore...O.o