Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Free is always a perk to keep me playing

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    So do I, and I'm still not 80. I guess if I'd played only one toon...
    Who plays only _one_ toon? That's absurd!
    Hmm... what profession to choose on my 7th character slot...

But yes OP, of course GW2 has a better future. It was just released! Don't understand how people have 100 % completion already. Superhumans!
    Also, play it more like Skyrim or any other non-treadmill game... don't play if you don't feel like it, come back later.
    If I'm bored I don't play one day or two, doing other stuff.

Bought GW2 - played for 1 hour, never played anymore.. wts account ;D

Infracted.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-09-25 at 01:56 PM.

Hopefully ATM, I dont like the game really, it seems to grindy and doesnt flow

10+ Year Old Account
    I hit 64 and haven't played in a while. D: There is a lot of little things I like about the game, mostly the story and the neat races, but... I just. Got bored.

I'm sure there will be something in the future to bring me back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazaxist View Post
    I cant imagine a high profile game that would put me in a state "never again" after 1 hour. Regardless from how bad it would be in my opinion in the end. Even things like Duke Nukem Forever could easily provide me a few hours of entartainment. I love games. Even the worst have something good in them. It puzzles me how people these days easily throw things away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, of course.

I foresee a good future for GW2. Most definately won't be the major MMO everyone is playing at all times, but in a way that's good.
    Someone mentioned another certain MMO being like a threadmill, and this is something GW2 is not. GW2 will exist next to other MMO's perfectly fine.

Besides, I am expecting to see some great content patches and expansions along the way.
    What is worth fighting for?

I think the future of GW2 will end up like TF2.

Where people just log in occasionally to jump in some sPvP games or do some WvWvW.
    Atleast, this will most likely be the case for me.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Yesterday, I did a dungeon with friends and we simply came to the conclusion that we were not enjoying ourselves. When you have Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2 lying around waiting with buttloads of fun to be had and you're struggling through the current mess that pve dungeons are in GW2, you're going to pick the games that are fun to play without exception. In GW2, The exception is is the rule and having fun the exception.

So, doesi t have a better future than all those other MMO's that were released the past year(s). Absolutely not, no.

My bet is they're just smart enough to realise that you can't compete with wow. Not yet. Shit or not, pandas or not, it's still way too popular, even though long past it's prime time. So I hope they just wait for ppl to realise what kind of shit mop is. Then, well, if I was at gw2 dev place anyway, I'd push out 2 big awesome content patches. 1 month after mop release (that would make it 2 months after gw2 release) and 1 more about 5 days before usual 2month subs (for ppl who bought mop and sub at release day) ends. 2 months is enough to see all new content and to realise what kind of shit mop is, and if they don't renew thier subs yet, the more reason for them to go back to gw2.
    I'd say they also need to add more rewards to wvw. High droprate of t6 crafting items, more gold, higher chance for yellows. I sit in wvw for hours, yet all I get is ~1g and maybe couple decent crafting mats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Yesterday, I did a dungeon with friends and we simply came to the conclusion that we were not enjoying ourselves. When you have Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2 lying around waiting with buttloads of fun to be had and you're struggling through the current mess that pve dungeons are in GW2, you're going to pick the games that are fun to play without exception. In GW2, The exception is is the rule and having fun the exception.

So, doesi t have a better future than all those other MMO's that were released the past year(s). Absolutely not, no.
    So you're saying you guys don't enjoy games that are hard?
    Fair enough.
    What is worth fighting for?

Initially, I made a Warrior. Brought it to level 55, then made a Thief. The Thief is now 54. I'll finish the Thief before anything else. It's just too damn fun.

It seems that the majority of "not enough to do at 80" posts are coming from people that wanted to rush to 80, get everything possible accomplished as fast as possible as though it were some race, and spent little to no time actually enjoying their journey.

Guild Wars 2 is about the journey, not the destination.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vice80 View Post
    My bet is they're just smart enough to realise that you can't compete with wow. Not yet. Shit or not, pandas or not, it's still way too popular, even though long past it's prime time. So I hope they just wait for ppl to realise what kind of shit mop is. Then, well, if I was at gw2 dev place anyway, I'd push out 2 big awesome content patches. 1 month after mop release (that would make it 2 months after gw2 release) and 1 more about 5 days before usual 2month subs (for ppl who bought mop and sub at release day) ends. 2 months is enough to see all new content and to realise what kind of shit mop is, and if they don't renew thier subs yet, the more reason for them to go back to gw2.
    I'd say they also need to add more rewards to wvw. High droprate of t6 crafting items, more gold, higher chance for yellows. I sit in wvw for hours, yet all I get is ~1g and maybe couple decent crafting mats.
    My bet is that they kept most of the mentality which they had during GW1 prime time. Which means they don't compete with WoW because it's not exactly their primary competition here. People are slowly starting to realize that MMORPG does not equal WoW these days, if they had not until now then GW2 is that type of game giving them that revelation and that means GW2 will be played by a special type of MMORPG players as much as WoW will be played mostly by traditionalists.

Most MMORPGs until now tried to translate the WoW concept which did not make them bad games per se but due to the nature of that people would simply carry over their demands from WoW into that new game and thus bringing an influx of over-demands from a matured game into a young one and more often than not causing a sharp decline after its initial starting period as usually developers postpone features until later or until the demand for it is high enough.
    That's not happening here. Here the demands are suddenly wholly different and people have to think out of the WoW box if they want to formulate their criticisms and demands within the context of Guild Wars 2 not WoW. When I played SW:TOR people never tired to refer and inject WoW into every single major demand they had and I pretty much feared that this will be too much for SW:TOR developers to handle and I turned out to be correct then.

TL;DR: New game, new demands, thus better future ahead without having to bear the constraints of design paradigms of the elephant-in-the-room MMORPG when addressing player concerns.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

1 hour? Are you bored waiting for certain another game servers to stop crashing and finally let you in?

Quote Originally Posted by Horrid Crow View Post
    So you're saying you guys don't enjoy games that are hard?
    Fair enough.
    Not sure why I'm even responding to you, since you're obviously out for blood, VMBOer waarschijnlijk, but I'll do you the favor. When you normally do a dungeon, play a platform game (like Trine I & II) or even play any Warfare FPS, you have targets and tactics to secure those targets. I don't mind your opinion, but objectively speaking, the dungeons aren't hard. I personally love hard, when it can be overcome by skill and is not caused by bad camera angles, no telegraphing of skills and abilities or abilities that have such a large red circle that the area you are in, is smaller than the outline of that red circle making it impossible to detect that circle.

GW2 pve dungeons are an orgy of chaos. Hell, if a chaos demon existed, it would live in GW2 dungeons. We don't even die anymore since AC, but it's a tedious experience where all fights are another version of tank and spank, with no tactical hardships besides overpowering damage. Note that I said "We aren't even dying".

GW2 dungeons are an insult to PvE dungeons world wide. Classic Blackwing Lair raid bosses that still could be failed by level 80 groups due to the mechanics of that encounter, brilliant. No, GW2 has nothing that reflects a proper implementation of a fun grouping experience that's both hard and challenging.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-09-25 at 07:48 AM.

Based on the game they have currently which is very sharp it certainly has a better future, things need to be fixed like bugged DE's, better boss mechanics in dungeons, more unique rewards, simple additions here and there... So yes, absolutely yes.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    Based on the game they have currently which is very sharp it certainly has a better future, things need to be fixed like bugged DE's, better boss mechanics in dungeons, more unique rewards, simple additions here and there... So yes, absolutely yes.
    Yes, if they get fixed. We're talking about the now. Anet already came out saying they aren't considering to change the dungeons.

Yes, if they get fixed. We're talking about the now. Anet already came out saying they aren't considering to change the dungeons.
    On the contrary. They said they aren't going to nerf them, but are considering adding new mechanics to ones that feel like they don't have enough going for them.

Unfortunately, this is "most" of them.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    On the contrary. They said they aren't going to nerf them, but are considering adding new mechanics to ones that feel like they don't have enough going for them.

Unfortunately, this is "most" of them.
    Nerfed stems from a feeling that the dungeons are too hard. Obviously the dungeons aren't too hard tactically, so nerfing the damage output of the mobs would trivialize any pve dungeon content that's currently available. The only thing they have going for them is damage. Implementing new mechanics would be a good decision, but as you said, there's too many of them. I would suggest a complete overhaul of most dungeons.

Deleted

Isn't that kinda the joy of a non subscription based MMO though, that you can feel free to play other games and do other fun things without penalty? I'm the opposite in your first statement, because I'm having absolutely great fun in dungeons with my friends and anticipate it being a long time before I've done every single explorable path, BUT when Borderlands 2 came out I also gave that 25 hours and will definitely be playing that more in the future too. I didn't feel like it was a big deal that I didn't play GW2 as much for a few days because I was enjoying BL2... and for me this is what the future holds, the ability to have a lot of fun with different friends across different games, the ability to pick up content without feeling like I have to commit to a set raiding schedule or let people down if I decide I want to play a different game for a bit.

The fact that I picked Borderlands 2 to play does not mean that I do not enjoy GW2 or GW2 is not a good game, it just means there is more than one fun thing in this world and people should not feel like they have to commit to a single game ever.