Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
16
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Is the Africa bonus just for African countries, or all countries?

    North America, Europe, or Asia, not Africa if the Africa bonus is Africa only. If it isn't then Africa is the clear choice, since you can put fighter bases in other locations from what I understand.

    Also the South America bonus might not help endgame, but it should push your knowledge forward much faster. iirc the psionics skills need a interrogation of a sectoid before you can start using them, right?

  2. #102
    Doing Europe as my base.

    I had it preordered for XBOX, but then I turned around and prepurchased it for Steam. Free TF2 stuff and Civ. 5 was too good for me to pass up.

  3. #103
    Been playing since Terror from the Deep, hoping this game keeps my Xcom hopes alive.

  4. #104
    Going Europe for my first base since I always love to play sciency in games where that is possible and being from Europe it's nice for "rp".

    Also gonna play Ironman and probably the second hardest difficulty.
    Last edited by Cakka; 2012-10-07 at 06:55 PM.

  5. #105
    I like the character customization they added. But it leaves me to wonder: who'll I name and 'sculpt' my team after?

    I think my first squad will be Noble team from Halo Reach, maybe South Park character names after that.

  6. #106
    I am Murloc! SirRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Counciltucky
    Posts
    5,638
    Less than 24 hours to go.

  7. #107
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,373
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Less than 24 hours to go.
    Damn Americans! I still have to wait almost 4 days.

  8. #108
    The Lightbringer Howard Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    LV-426
    Posts
    3,906
    Yeah the African perk seems OP, unless it only refers to income from Africa. If so, I'll probably be going with Europe.

    I'll repeat my question from a few pages ago:

    Anyone know if there will be some sort of matchmaking system for multiplayer?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Holy Paladin (retired)

    "This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Yeah the African perk seems OP, unless it only refers to income from Africa. If so, I'll probably be going with Europe.

    I'll repeat my question from a few pages ago:

    Anyone know if there will be some sort of matchmaking system for multiplayer?
    I would assume there has to be, or its going to be extremely hard to find other players. I was watching some pvp matches and the winner got an xbox achievement named something like 'meet people online... then shoot them!'. I'm going to be quite irritated if there is a matchmaking system on consoles and not on the PC.

    Or do you mean like a matchmaking and ranking system so it matches you against people who are about as skilled/experienced as you?

  10. #110
    Herald of the Titans Jigain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,718
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I was watching some pvp matches and the winner got an xbox achievement named something like 'meet people online... then shoot them!'.
    Sounds like a reference to me.

  11. #111
    Pandaren Monk ZeroWashu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,963
    Review embargo ends this morning so some good in depth reviews should hit soon
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    Review embargo ends this morning so some good in depth reviews should hit soon
    GameInformer had their review up since friday night. IGN and I think Gamespy (who seem to be sharing everything now) have one up iirc. Very good scores all around, and I watched Gamespot's 1 hour/2 matches pvp thing, it seemed basic but entertaining.

  13. #113
    The Lightbringer Howard Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    LV-426
    Posts
    3,906
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I would assume there has to be, or its going to be extremely hard to find other players. I was watching some pvp matches and the winner got an xbox achievement named something like 'meet people online... then shoot them!'. I'm going to be quite irritated if there is a matchmaking system on consoles and not on the PC.

    Or do you mean like a matchmaking and ranking system so it matches you against people who are about as skilled/experienced as you?
    Yeah I just meant a general system to play with strangers online. That achievement you mentioned sounds like there indeed is one. Would suck if you could only play with your (steam) friends etc.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Holy Paladin (retired)

    "This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

  14. #114
    i was thinking 7 or 8's

    seems its getting 9's all over the board.

  15. #115
    Pandaren Monk ZeroWashu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,963
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Xcom/comment...fficial_forum/

    List of reviews compiled on REDDIT from official forums
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

  16. #116

  17. #117
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,373
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Friday cannot come quick enough.
    Yeah would be nice if the the early people could use spoiler tags when talking about things inside the game that isnt open to the public as of right now.

  18. #118
    The Lightbringer Howard Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    LV-426
    Posts
    3,906
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Xcom/comment...fficial_forum/

    List of reviews compiled on REDDIT from official forums
    Some interesting reviews in there, thanks for the link!
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Holy Paladin (retired)

    "This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

  19. #119
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,204
    Those reviews are insane for a TBS Game. Good to see the genre is still alive and well received. XCOM for GOTY? We will see! That would be incredible to have a TBS Game be GOTY lol.

  20. #120
    Pandaren Monk ZeroWashu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,963
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Friday cannot come quick enough.

    I heard *spoiler* that no base attacks happen on your base?
    true

    there are no base attacks... maybe dlc will introduce them
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •