Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yea, I feel the % to hit displayed in the game is sort of a lie.
    Btw, quite often the hit % displayed on the little red alien heads is different (usually 1%) than on the actual shoot info window. Hope you know what I mean. You guys also having this?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Btw, quite often the hit % displayed on the little red alien heads is different (usually 1%) than on the actual shoot info window. Hope you know what I mean. You guys also having this?
    Yeah, but by much larger margins. And I do mean much. The head can read 51%, then when I select it as a target it'll read 71% instead. In fact, exactly +20% difference is the only discrepancy I've noticed between the heads and actual targeting.

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 06:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MorTvicR View Post
    I had a gun with 98% chance inside the aliens head and missed twice ;-) then died, then killed it with another guy with 17% chance

lol the numbers make no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yea, I feel the % to hit displayed in the game is sort of a lie. [...] Exposed alien flank, 1 tile away from the alien- 98% hit chance as displayed. Missed.
    Insert comment about how probability works here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, I completely stopped paying any attention to what percents pop over the red heads when you mouse over. I figure its just a bug.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Yeah, but by much larger margins. And I do mean much.
    Yeah no I meant 1%, as in, the red head will literally say "1%". And when I click on it, it will be 50% or 40% or whatever XD

Deleted
    Yeah no I meant 1%, as in, the red head will literally say "1%". And when I click on it, it will be 50% or 40% or whatever XD
    Now that you mention it, I do think I've seen 1% a few times, yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Insert comment about how probability works here.
    I think most of us get that, but will still argue that it's bullcrap to miss at point blank range =D

Yes and I do believe that the head % is the correct one and the targeting % is bugged. I am aware that even shots with a high percentage should/will miss sometimes but it really shouldn't be happening this consistently.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious if there is an actual relevance to the different percentages. As in their aim at the target from the barrel might be 50% but since there is a window or object in the way that might absorb the shot, it's reduced at the target.

So anyone else rage when 6 colonels were killed by crits on the alien base invasion? Really don't have the gumption to even try and raise a new squad, took out 6 squadie's and they missed 8/10 shots. 80% hit chance seems to be the maximum even at close range (for the squaddies I have). Whether or not to even keep playing is a question im asking myself.

When a high value colonel of mine gets killed, I reload. Can't do Ironman- too infuriating.

Is it also possible to play the campaign as co-op?

Quote Originally Posted by Sileh View Post
    No co-op.

I had one of my colonel's die last night to something pretty stupid. I completely forgot that cars will explode. She was already really injured. And I left her behind the burning car because of the perk or talent or whatever you call it got snipers that gives half cover full cover bonus. Aliens activity and boom, car exploded.

Does anyone else wish that you could tell what class a rookie is going to get promoted to? I have plenty assault/heavy/snipers, but I lost my colonel support on a mission and my other support guy is a sergeant and manages to find a way to get hurt on every single mission he goes on. So now I need to designate at least 1 rookie to go on each mission AND verify they get a kill to make sure they get an upgrade... only to have them evolve into a sniper or heavy that I already have plenty of.

Or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Does anyone else wish that you could tell what class a rookie is going to get promoted to?
    Definitely. It's a nonsense mechanic.

There a few things they did in the game design to randomize events. Forcing the player into a hard choice or dealing with the [unexpected] consequence of an event.

Sometimes this is awesome; UFO abductions/panic.

Sometimes this is stupid: random class for soldiers/insta-gibs.

Just how its designed. /shrug

Meh maybe they will change it in a DLC. Or make it so you can designate a class but make it level at 3/4 speed if it wasn't the class they were going to be or something? Hmm.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'm addicted to this game.

I really hope it does well, I'd love to see more content or a sequel!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenbrew View Post
    Well I'm addicted to this game.

I really hope it does well, I'd love to see more content or a sequel!
    I'm sure we will get DLC. I would hope a sequel would be forthcoming, but I've not paid attention to sales figures.

Deleted
    That would be amazing. Probably not going to be implemented, but would be amazing nonetheless.

Then again, I'm a sucker for co-op games.

That's something they should definitely add. Imagine two+ squad teams going against an alien horde in a huge map? Yes please!

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Does anyone else wish that you could tell what class a rookie is going to get promoted to?
    Sure do, all I seem to get are Heavies, when what I need are Assaults and Supports
    Or maybe it's just my Heavies getting killed the most XD

I'm doing it on Classic + ironman and I'm getting mutilated. But I'm still loving it. I'm convinced that I can play better than I am and eventually will beat it!! ONE DAY!!