What MELEE class would u pick for me based on this desc?

Im a returning player. I havent played since may 2011(6 months into cata) So all these new updates are foreign to me. Anyway on to the description.

I like dueling. More so than any other form of pvp. I like surviving, usage of direct heal(s) and a mix of armor/general toughness or some absorption effects to stay alive. Damage is secondary and by no means do i want to 1v1 a healer but i would actually like to deal some reasonable dmg. I do not want a glass cannon type/REQUIRE cooldowns but i like to use the occasional cooldown to be fancy with my dmg.

Hots are ok if reliable enough and If some tank specs give me what i ask for then sure why not.

EDIT: For anyway wondering I played ret paladin back in wrath and im trying to find the class that resembles them the most. (playstyle wise not difficulty)
    Last edited by SuperomegaOP; 2012-09-25 at 12:14 AM.

First thought: Ret Pally

Quote Originally Posted by Zankoku View Post
    First thought: Ret Pally
    Yeah that was my main(including my dk) back in cata. But they were glass cannons and you needed all the cooldowns in the book to deal retarded burst dmg with non sustained before and after that.

Now im hearing mixed reviews saying that sustained has gone down but burst is even better while others are saying that sustained has gotten better but not by much

Quote Originally Posted by SuperomegaOP View Post
    Yeah that was my main(including my dk) back in cata. But they were glass cannons and you needed all the cooldowns in the book to deal retarded burst dmg with non sustained before and after that.

Now im hearing mixed reviews saying that sustained has gone down but burst is even better while others are saying that sustained has gotten better but not by much
    sustained is still terrible, burst is still amazing. ret survivability however is quite good due to their heals.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    1. ret pally
    2. blood dk

You seem like a paladin dude who wants to play it safe and doesn't like not having oh-shit buttons and doesn't like to take any risk. I have met many pvpers like you.

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    sustained is still terrible, burst is still amazing. ret survivability however is quite good due to their heals.

yeah i suspected as much. Im thinking enh shaman or brewmaster monk at this point. MAYBE warrior cuz i hear second wind + defensive stance is OP even while attacking.

15+ Year Old Account
    ret pally or feral druid
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral Druid/Arms Warrior.

15+ Year Old Account
    by direct heals do you mean heals you can cast on others? or self healing effects but that are one heal rather than a hot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperomegaOP View Post

Damage is on par with every other class in game. The rotation is infinitely easier and more forgiving now that (a) everything generates holy power (b) you have a holy power reserve.

Enhance shaman. They have some very nice defensive cooldowns now, and their self healing is very powerful. You have to make decisions between burst and healing as well. Enhance has always had good sustain, but now with the inclusion of ascendance you get a burst CD that you cannot be kited through.
    RETH

From your description I had to think of Feral Druid for you. Simply because what you just described.

Deleted
    Warrior mates.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibuya View Post
    Warrior mates.
    you some kind of dumb?

10+ Year Old Account
    First thing I thought of was a Ret Paladin. But Feral Druid would also work considering that Rejuv actually heals for something these days. Also, Enhance Shammy could also be what you're looking for. IMO, you are looking for a Ret Paladin. If you liked the HoPo changes during Cata, you'll probably like the changes they made for MoP.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.