Poll: Iran Vs Israel War. Would you want your country to get involved?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The US has rarely found a friend more loyal than Israel. That loyalty should be repaid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    The US has rarely found a friend more loyal than Israel. That loyalty should be repaid.
    South Korea is loyal - Israel is using you. Its an abusive relationship maaaaaan

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    South Korea is loyal - Israel is using you. Its an abusive relationship maaaaaan
    I just ran into a door . . . I mean tripped down the stairs. Israel didn't hit me . . . he loves me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    I would hope we'd drop anything to help SK as well. The fact that Israel has held off attacking Iran for this long and tried to convince us that it's the right thing to do, rather than just saying "fuck off" and going in anyway means that they hold a lot of respect for us.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I sympathise with Israel being bordered on all sides not covered by water by people that hate them, the hubris and arrogance they display is just disgusting. They just assume the rest of the western world will let itself get dragged into another region-wide war because they can't just get the fuck out of the West Bank and Gaza Strip.

Conversely, Iran (at least the government and religious leaders) are as a matter of policy committed to the destruction of Israel.

My opinion? Let them get their own collective shit together or let them burn together. Just keep it off our lawn.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too much ignorance in the OP about both Israel and Iran. Also, to answer your question I wouldn't want a war between the two to start but if it does I don't want us to get involved.

No more war. Any bordering countries that engage in war should be quarantined by the rest of the world until the point that they are ready to join our civilization again. Until then, they'll be the barbarians outside the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnevis View Post
    Her death is unfortunate. However, the story that was published by the reporter Ilana Dayan (on which the article is probably based) was so far from the truth, that Captain R sued her in civilian court for libel and slander. The case reached all the way to the supreme court, in which the Captain won, and was awarded roughly $90,000 in damages.
    I actually studied it in both my constitutional law and tort law classes.

As for Cast Lead - if you don't want hospitals to be bombed, don't fire rockets from in them, m'kay?

Deleted
    No, but i have a feeling that if Iran and Israel were to go to war, there'd be a lot of countries being dragged in.

No, but if we want to keep the nuclear fallout from spreading over actual civilized parts of the world, someone might have to.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Spare me with the personalization - plenty of examples of bad moves on both sides. Neither side has any kind of clean conscience - but remember, Israel was attacked first.

---------- Post added 2012-09-25 at 10:38 PM ----------

Israel can easily defend itself against any kind of Iran aggression - Iran would stand no chance against any kind of conventional or nuc/chem/bio attack on Israel. It's one of the reasons Iran hasn't attacked Israel yet.
    "Israel was attacked first" lol yeah good one

10+ Year Old Account
    My country is to small and to far away to be involved, so I am gonna sit back, and relax on this one. In my opinion, every country has right to posses nuclear plants, but also, every country has rights to keep itself safe from enemies. So I don't know who to support here... I mean, I know Iran is lead by a some guys who are very vocal, but they haven't done anything that bad for now. And Israeli leaders aren't that much better when they go on stage... the thing is, Iran is provoking, but I am sure they wouldn't use nuclear weapons if they ever made them. And it seems to me they are saying they just want to build nuclear reactors for power and medicine...

edit: but if Israeli government is sure that Iran will bomb them, then they should try to do everything to prevent that.
    Mindless...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, repeated violations against UN resolutions and deliberate attempts to break world peace by Israel aside.... no, I would not. We have enough problems on our own without walking back into the Middle East.

Russia.

Israel can fight it's own battles. They're no friend of mine and I certainly don't respect them for how they treat the Palestinian people. Inb4 i'm accused of liking Iran.

I'm Canadian, and our Prime Minister is so gung ho about being seen as a Big Boy on the world stage--and to justify wasting billions for the F-35 white elephant...er, I mean jet fighter program--that Canada will almost certainly get involved in some capacity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    I'm Canadian, and our Prime Minister is so gung ho about being seen as a Big Boy on the world stage--and to justify wasting billions for the F-35 white elephant...er, I mean jet fighter program--that Canada will almost certainly get involved in some capacity.
    Wait.... Canada has an air force? I thought all you guys had was anti-moose weaponry.

I kid, though.... I actually have a lot of respect for the Canadian military.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I would hope we'd drop anything to help SK as well. The fact that Israel has held off attacking Iran for this long and tried to convince us that it's the right thing to do, rather than just saying "fuck off" and going in anyway means that they hold a lot of respect for us.
    The fact Israel has held off attacking Iran doesn't mean they respect you, it means:

1) They don't want to start a war that will frak up their economy and end up taking thousands of Israeli lives.
    2) And the more likely, they don't want to start a frakking shitstorm of anti-Israel hate. If they actually invaded Iran, they would be doing nothing but proving to the world what Iran has been saying about the Zionists all along.

They're using you as a fail safe, deterrent and a shield. Key word: using.

15+ Year Old Account
    At one side I want Israel to 'grow' it's own wings from the us but if Iran attacks first I would want to help them if they asked for it.

But seriously, either start a fight or stop throwing threats around. Stop pussyfooting around and either attack or lets move past this and try to find a solution that works for everyone.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on who moves first. If Israel acts first then they're on their own.
    Last edited by Grizzly Willy; 2012-09-26 at 12:25 AM.

America defends and supports its allies. No other questions need be asked.