Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Amazing how every other game released in the past 2-3 years hasn't had this problem.
    ROFL, this has to be a troll post...every single mmo released in the last 2-3 yrs, and ever for that matter, has these same issues. no one can prep for millions of people logging in at once, they do their best but it will NEVER be a seamless roll out, so long as there are millions in the q systems. swtor, rift, gw2 etc. all had launch issues.

This isn't the worst launch by far for WoW so far. When WoTLK launched I was faced with hours-long queues every day for the first month. On a medium-pop server. The world server crashed repeatedly, and the instance servers were insufficient leaving me spending several entire play sessions unable to do an instance at all because "instance server is full" error messages kept on popping out. The horde outside were having fun killing me every time my zone in failed and I got popped back outside. There were tons of unscheduled restarts.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Amazing how every other game released in the past 2-3 years hasn't had this problem.
    So it's safe to assume you didn't participate in the following MMO launches: TERA, Guild Wars 2, TOR, WotLK, BC, or Warhammer Online.
    Quote Originally Posted by magnuzze View Post
    considering that TG warriors was here since Vanilla, and DK's got into the World of warcraft in WoTLK... you can say that they have been stealing 2-handed from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, people are are complaining about the servers sucking on Xpac release day? As a Vanilla player, I laugh at you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    TBC launch was playable, but had flaws.

Vanilla launch was the worst of them all by far (the longest consecutive downtime in the history of WoW occurred within the first month of its release).
    WoW's launch was so bad that I just went and counted and I received 18 days of free play in the first two months.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    WoW's launch was so bad that I just went and counted and I received 18 days of free play in the first two months.
    Haha same here. Day one was awesome. Struggled with the queue system for hours, finally get online, get disconnected and have to wait in the queue again, somehow manage to get to almost level 8 before getting disconnected again, Khadgar (iirc that was the server I picked? Might have been Medivh. Was one of those.) down for the next week. Woo!

Nothing since then has been as bad. TBC was pretty brutal, WotLK was pretty brutal, Cata was surprisingly smooth for me, nothing as bad as Vanilla's launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Well when Million of players rush your servers what do you expect, Rainbow Cookies ??
    I expect them to be prepared after all these years for the server rush. Blizzard fail, no excuses.

I take it you were not here for TBC release. That was a fiasco. Not playable for days to weeks depending on your server.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Skiball View Post
    I expect them to be prepared after all these years for the server rush. Blizzard fail, no excuses.
    So are you prepared to present to stockholders why it's worth it to spend vastly more to make servers that can handle millions of people all logging on at exactly the same moment, when that event only happens one day every 2 years or so?

You do realize their are hardware limits? Especially with bandwidth. You're talking terabytes of data flying back and forth when it's all added up. When the servers are loaded well past peak, things will get slow.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

You should get started on inventing a server that doesn't lag when millions of people are pounding it at the same time. You could be a billionaire and we wouldn't have lag when expansions are released. Win/win!

Launch day now determines the quality of an expansion, apparently.

That's the world we live in nowadays. People want things now, now, now and when they don't get what they want they bitch and whine. Not to sound mean, but it's very true. Maybe because i'm a lot older I'm more understanding. Who knows. Wrath was atrocious. I remember specifically the servers crashing constantly for weeks, servers resetting and overall it was a complete mess. I remember because the servers resetting so much I was able to get all the books in Dalaran for the pet within a day. It was awesome. LOL. I have no idea how the US launch will go, but I"m expecting it to have hiccups. No matter what though it won't be as bad as Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    This happens with every single MMO. Did you really expect something different?
    SWTOR release was the smoothest I've ever seen. No lag, no crashes, hell I didn't even have to deal with login queues because I barely logged out.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

This is why we Americans are smart enough to let the British tards troubleshoot the launch before we go near it. Genius.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Mod Edit: Infracted, keep it constructive please.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2012-09-25 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Montana Max View Post
    Um...what? So if more players doesn't mean more players per server, then where are all the extra players playing?
    Ummmm, maybe more servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, that's why I'll be heading to bed soon and waking up tomorrow around 9 AM ready to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm probably putting on my Collector's and going on to create my Pandaren I need and the other chars I want to create.
    Oh and after I do that I'll put on the other stuff like the pet, mount, and the things used for Starcraft and get my avatar changed for Starcraft.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    SWTOR release was the smoothest I've ever seen. No lag, no crashes, hell I didn't even have to deal with login queues because I barely logged out.
    TOR really benefited from the pre-order deal of starting early. Letting you play early depending on how early you pre-ordered did an amazing job of staggering the load. The newbie zones were still brutal on actual release day, but a solid 800,000+ players were already spread out between the faction's capital planet and Hoth-ish by the time the servers started getting hammered.

Each faction having their own questing areas also help keep the lag down, although I wasn't a fan of it in general.

OP: you are silly, and a bunch of bad names that would prolly earn me a perm-ban here.

on the upside, all the QQs about cata can now be turned in for QQs about MoP. cant wait to here how "MoP is the worst ever", and how "i miss the days in cata when..." posts.

comming in 3......2......1.....