My graphics card doesn't have 100% activity in all games.

I have a high-end gaming computer, 8 gigs of ram, i5 3570k at 4.2ghz and a hd 7970.

For some reason though, my card only uses 50% power while playing WoW but I've seen increases to 80% and when the activity does increase so does my FPS. When I play BF3 it goes to 99% which is good.

I get more fps on BF3 than WoW which is pretty disappointing, is there a way I can increase my activity for WoW?

WoW is CPU bound most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    WoW is CPU bound most of the time.
    My CPU is more than enough for WoW, is there a reason why I struggle to get above 60 fps? I get 30 fps in Org... pretty pitiful.

You actually do not want 100% load its not a goal to achieve, when your playing sub 100% your much better off. The usage isnt 50% speed but 50% til it can do no more extra work timely.

---------- Post added 2012-09-25 at 03:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dezzick View Post
    My CPU is more than enough for WoW, is there a reason why I struggle to get above 60 fps? I get 30 fps in Org... pretty pitiful.
    Yes there is, YOUR CPU, and likely patch 5.0 or driver issues. WoW is not a nice game on the CPU it is not optimized properly and can never be w/o a complete remake of the engine. Been a post of a i7 3960x OCed with like quad sli struggling in main cities, our i5's arent any better.

Not getting 100% load means the game can't utilise 100% of your GPU. If you aren't getting expected performance, that means something else is being held back before it.
    In this case, the CPU. Having shadows on, and so many loaded textures in such a focused point (Orgrimmar) will cause your performance to drop. It's not just yours, it's everyones.