Thread: Razer nagas...

Razer nagas...

So my Razer Naga is about a year old now, and it started going back on me the left click became extremely sensitive and clicks twice when i only click once..
    It sucks.

So was wondering if i can buy a brand new Razer Naga from Bestbuy and just swap them? Can i get in trouble if they catch me? will they even ask questions when returning the 1 year old used one? Will they check it? I really don't feel like paying another 90$ for a new one.

Any suggestions on how to do it right?

My used naga is a bit dirty, and the sticker in the bottom looks a bit used up, but the piece i really need is the top part of it that i can swap easily.

if its only a year old it should still be under warranty, http://www.razerzone.com/warranty best bet would be to contact razer and get it replaced

or you could try this if its not under warranty for whatever reason

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/59...em-walkthrough

Quote Originally Posted by LazyChamp View Post
    So my Razer Naga is about a year old now, and it started going back on me the left click became extremely sensitive and clicks twice when i only click once..
    It sucks.

So was wondering if i can buy a brand new Razer Naga from Bestbuy and just swap them? Can i get in trouble if they catch me? will they even ask questions when returning the 1 year old used one? Will they check it? I really don't feel like paying another 90$ for a new one.

My used naga is a bit dirty, and the sticker in the bottom looks a bit used up, but the piece i really need is the top part of it that i can swap easily.
    That's a pretty dick move, dude.

Razer made a great product (I have one) that you clearly enjoy as well.

Just because you broke it doesn't mean you should be able to steal one.

Only lasted a little over a year, and it's a common thing that happens to them.

Only lasted a little over a year, and it's a common thing that happens to them.
    yea but thats not really best buys fault no reason to try and fuck them over like that, try the RMA route

Quote Originally Posted by Caesonia View Post
    yea but thats not really best buys fault no reason to try and fuck them over like that, try the RMA route
    But i have no feelings for best buy

Mines almost 3 years old with no problems still. I'd phone razer up and see if anything can be done.

But i have no feelings for best buy
    eh do what you will but RMA would probably be the easier way to do it if you can live with out the mouse for a bit, took about 3 weeks to get mine back when the USB connecter stopped working, thats to canada though so might be less depending where you are

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine does the same thing, taking it apart and applying contact cleaner helps, but you have to do it every month or so and it's a pain in the ass cuz you gotta peel back the teflon slider on the bottom. I see now why people lump razer in with the likes of Alienware. I only wish Corsair and Logitech's similar products were on the market when I bought mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    That's a pretty dick move, dude.

Razer made a great product (I have one) that you clearly enjoy as well.

Just because you broke it doesn't mean you should be able to steal one.

While I agree with you about the stealing part, Razer didn't make a great product. They made a great product with durability issues. This double click thing is very common to these mice, along with the numpad sinking it.

Don't get me wrong, I love mine and would buy another if it broke, but logitech makes much more durable mice.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have had 3 nagas die because the weight inside of them ending up braking off of it's constraints which messed everything all up. On the third one I decided to open it up and used duck tape to hold it in place. Funny how it has held it in place better then the cheap plastic they use. While it does not help your problem it does help show they were no built to last, duck tape was though:}.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    Moved to the computer forum!

Don't get me wrong, I love mine and would buy another if it broke, but logitech makes much more durable mice.
    i think they have better driver support too, many razer users have complained of a minor issue about the mouse not startign when you restart your computer , forcing you to have to replug it in to get recognized.I still love my razer , i just hate having to do that everytime.There should be a fix to it out there now though.

I hope you are using a reasonably good (and clean) mouse mat.
    some shops offer some sort of extended insurance on the item, mine was like for about 2yrs.If i had any probs , i just walked into a best buy and exchanged it for a new one.You can only get this when you first buy it though.Ive not had any serious issues with razer though.Just a response issue with my first one which i swapped out under my insurance and it worked pretty well.I propably could have also mailed it in to razer coz of the warranty , just like the guys above me mentioned, but instead i just got a brand new one from best buy under the plan immediately so i was happy with that.
    Last edited by walexia; 2012-09-25 at 10:14 AM.

It sucks.

"Guys I want to steal something, will I get in trouble? How should I steal it?"

This isn't appropriate for this forum. Further, Best Buy tests all of their tech related returns at the Geek Squad desk. You'll be caught in no time, and may have those nifty security guards they have at every store call the police for attempted theft.

NOT TO MENTION that you -do- need the bottom part. The switches are connected to the mouse body, not the actual clicker things that you press.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Can i get in trouble if they catch me?
    Before i forget ,I wonder if a thief looked at your house /apartment and asked the same thing about stealing your stuff.How would you feel?If a person gets away with a crime does that still make them a criminal?

Nope... We're not here to help you steal from a retailer. If your Naga is aging, buy a new one like an adult.