Poll: Does this excite you?

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    They are Alliance. They are going to be treated like shit anyway...

Just about time.

I am now a Horde player, but I used to like playing the heroes in the Alliance campaign in Warcraft 2: Beyond the Dark Portal.

And honestly... Alliance deserves a kick-ass hero. Alliance NEEDS a kick-ass hero!

We have Thrall, Grom Hellscream, Cairne Bloodhoof (may the Earth Mother have you...), Sylvanas Windrunner, Varok Saurfang.

What does Alliance have?

Varian Wrynn? pffff....
    Muradin Bronzebeard? While I love the guy, he is not in league with said Horde heroes.
    Jaina Proudmore? Yes, Jaina is a kick ass hero, but she is neutral (until now, that is.)

Bring Turalyon back to the Alliance. He is the Alliance equivalent of Thrall! He is the successor of Anduin Lothar!

Make him bring glory to the Alliance! So that Horde doesn´t have to be painted as evil time and time again so that Alliance gets some interesting lore!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So Azshara got shoved under the rug once and for all.

Well Blizz better be ready to make another neutral race (etheral) and class (demon hunter). All the polls say players want that combo above all else.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Why would a thread about two long absent characters being confirmed as returning to Warcraft games make you think that another long absent character will never be seen again?

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Turalyon + Alleria + new High Elf lore? Yes please!

---------- Post added 2012-09-25 at 10:21 AM ----------

There are still Quel'dorei. Not to mention how there were quite a few High Elves who went to Outland which Alleria will inevitably get back. High Elves need some lore and this is a great way to do it.

I can't really see Alleria agreeing with the Blood Elves, I think she'd rather take up some form of leadership of the remaining High Elves. I can't see her agreeing with their methods and I definitely cannot see her siding with the Orcs.

For her to side with the Horde she'd not only have to abandon her husband and son, along with the rest of her people she travelled to Outland with, but shed be joining a faction who's majority are Orcs, a faction of Undead lead by her Undead sister who attacked High Elves and are plaguing the people she fought with, support the Blood Elves and their magic siphoning addiction, and finally abandon her remaining living sister.

Alleria will either be a neutral party, or she'll be part of the Alliance. I'd prefer the latter as that way we get some High Elf lore (Which inevitably leads to Blood Elf lore)
    1 word

Rhonin.

Funny how the logic behind ingame lore never adds up.

---------- Post added 2012-09-25 at 08:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by High General Turalyon View Post
    It's perfectly plausible that Turalyon has been hanging out with surviving good Eredar on Argus, and now comes to Azeroth to recruit people to the Army of Light. Once MoP is over, some of the Horde-Alliance tension should be a thing of the past.

Edit:
    It's also possible that once the Orgrimmar raid is over and Garrosh is dead or gone, Thrall will control the Horde again and in the face of the new Legion threat looming over them, they are all forced into the AoL in order to save Azeroth like they did in WC3.
    Blizzard already said that MoP is only the start of the war between the horde and ally. Why would they counter that with a BS move like turning major ally heroes into neutrals?
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post

Blizzard already said that MoP is only the start of the war between the horde and ally. Why would they counter that with a BS move like turning major ally heroes into neutrals?
    All I've heard is that in MoP we have an all out war. I think the point of meeting the Pandaren, defeating the Sha, and ultimately picking a bone with Garrosh is that we gradually over the course of the expansion learn how to co-exist, at last, without petty war. We'll be unified against a common foe again.

Obviously there will still be skirmishes (which explains PvP), because not all humans and orcs will agree with their leaders. But generally speaking, MoP will be the climax of the Horde vs Alliance conflict.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Why would a thread about two long absent characters being confirmed as returning to Warcraft games make you think that another long absent character will never be seen again?
    Because it's starting to feel like we're racing to the finish. That the war against the legion will be the crowning moment of WoW's storyline. After that will be Warcraft 4 and WoW 2. Any expansions afterwards won't matter, thereby no Azshara, Emerald Dream, N'Zoth, Tirisfal Glades...
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by High General Turalyon View Post
    All I've heard is that in MoP we have an all out war. I think the point of meeting the Pandaren, defeating the Sha, and ultimately picking a bone with Garrosh is that we gradually over the course of the expansion learn how to co-exist, at last, without petty war. We'll be unified against a common foe again.
    Only if someone other than Varian Wrynn is at the helm of the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is true? I just saw this thread while perusing...seriously?

* Darsithis is excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I have been always amazed by the Windrunner's history, specially Sylvannas', can't wait to see what will happen to her on this matter!
    Well Alleria's son is Alliance. People seem to be forgetting this factor.

We don't know the history of her son. What happen to her son that made him stay Alliance and grow into a noble Paladins over these 20 years.

Also her husband is supreme leader of the Alliance Army. Come on,,,

Also keep in mind, that the Blood Elfs moved into Outlands (Before Turalyon and Alleria became lost)
    So that likely means they had contact with the aftermath of WC3 already. I may be wrong, but I believe they went lost the equivalent of 4 year before TBC, which is that time period between the gap of WC3 and Vanilla WoW. Then. Year later the portal opens. So yeah.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Deleted
    I've updated the OP. Now that I've seen the video, I can confirm that Metzen did respond to my Twitter question at the event, and his answer was essentially this:

They won't be in MoP -- however, you're gonna need their help with what's coming next.

Next to me sounds like the next expansion. How do you interpret it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm excited for sure, but I don't know quite enough about them, so I guess it's back to the 'pedia yo!
    "The Tol'vir people must be really shy considering they don't ever speak to us.." -Zneebor LOL

Deleted
    Well, it does sounds like they intend to introduce them, to the next expansion because otherwise it wouldn't be "You'll be needing their help next!" - but what the content of the next expansion can still not be specified.

Well Blizzard uploaded the awesome old video of the high general from WC2 here if anybody want to see it

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/the...craft/chapter3
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Why am i more excited about this than MoP?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemp View Post
    Why am i more excited about this than MoP?
    Because it involves actual lore? /f Thanks i'll be here all week.

On a serious note, this is good news (for once).

I remember Metzen a couple years ago at Blizzcon, same year that Red Shirt Guy was there I think, and somebody asked about Turalyon and Alleria, he totally shafted them there, so this is a nice surprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to be a major supporter of the "Bring back Alleria and Turalyon" campaign.

However, Cataclysm did something that the game world DESPERATELY needed; the introduction of new Heroes with some good depth. Many of these characters stories ended inconclusively, giving them the potential to expand on them later. *These* are the characters we need to be interested in.

Ultimately, Turalyon was a young human in Warcraft 2. Assuming he isn't in some bizarre, stasis state - he would now be quite old. Alleria may be immune to that trope, but the only real point for Turalyon coming back would be to act as a Heroic Sacrifice type character.

Thus I believe that bringing these characters back will not live up to players self-inflated view of how they should be by now. Wouldn't we be happier in that self-developed knowledge that those characters ended up happy and met the ending worthy of their sacrifices?

Perhaps the children of the two would make interesting characters?
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Wish they would have gone with this isntead of pandas. Was probably their original idea until marketing interfered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Pretty confident, that she's gonna act as a bridge between Azeroth and Argus. She knows how to open up a Well of Eternity, and you name me anyone else crazy, evil and powerful enough to do this. Cataclysm showed, that they haven't forgotten about her, it's just not her time yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    I used to be a major supporter of the "Bring back Alleria and Turalyon" campaign.

However, Cataclysm did something that the game world DESPERATELY needed; the introduction of new Heroes with some good depth. Many of these characters stories ended inconclusively, giving them the potential to expand on them later. *These* are the characters we need to be interested in.

Ultimately, Turalyon was a young human in Warcraft 2. Assuming he isn't in some bizarre, stasis state - he would now be quite old. Alleria may be immune to that trope, but the only real point for Turalyon coming back would be to act as a Heroic Sacrifice type character.

Thus I believe that bringing these characters back will not live up to players self-inflated view of how they should be by now. Wouldn't we be happier in that self-developed knowledge that those characters ended up happy and met the ending worthy of their sacrifices?

Perhaps the children of the two would make interesting characters?

iam also getting the strange feeling that General Turalyon will be a sacrifice like Bolvar was. keep in mind the stuff that Artor says in outlands about his dreams of his father and mother.

seem like Blizzard hinting at sacrificing the High General for the story. I believe that something many Alliance fans arent expecting,,,, and could have the wrong effects on the community the same way Thrall leaving the horde effected the Horde Community fanbase.

be prepared.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?