Poll: Does this excite you?

Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    Deleted

Turalyon and Alleria Windrunner CONFIRMED NEXT X-PACK! Burning Legion time!

Blizzplanet has just updated a small news post about the MoP launch event, where Chris Metzen took questions from fans about the game.

He confirmed that Turalyon and Alleria Windrunner will return in the next expansion of World of Warcraft.

The implications to this are huge. It probably means we will deal with the Burning Legion one way or another in the next expansion, which supports the theory sparked by the Orgrimmar raid. It also means lots and lots of Sin'dorei / Quel'dorei lore due to the return of one of the Windrunner sisters, so blood elves and forsaken - rejoice!

Most of all, it means that the Alliance will get back the hero from the Second War who at this point is probably the greatest living hero of the Alliance and the best card they have in their deck.

Anyway. FOR LOTHAR!!!

Source

Update:

The video of the launch event is available from Machinima's YouTube channel, here.

Chris Metzen answers my tweet at 2:45:30, and ultimately his answer is this:

'[...] however [...] in terms of what's coming next, you're gonna need their help.'

'Next' could either be interpreted literally, the next expansion - or it could be interpreted as the coming few expansions. I think it's the first one.
    Last edited by mmoce6c1c8307c; 2012-09-25 at 10:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this is true I'm actually quite excited. More Sin'dorei lore is definitely needed, and the return of the Burning Legion is something that will make me buy that expansion.

Deleted
    I think you mean Quel'dorei lore.

Edit: Yes, I've been looking forward to this moment. Though, I pray they don't mess it up by making them neutral or something.
    Last edited by mmoc25e5b9266c; 2012-09-25 at 08:41 AM.

Hopefully lots of Draenei lore too, what with the potential of going to Argus
    RETH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostwood View Post
    Good point, brother!

10+ Year Old Account
    Intriguing. Also liking the idea of a Book of Cain like WoW graphic novel.

Deleted

Edit: Yes, I've been looking forward to this moment. Though, I pray they don't mess it up by making them neutral or something.
    Nahhh... After all that time on fel-infested planets full of demons and all kinds of nasties, she probably looks like this by now:

Plus, I'm hoping Blizzard aren't going to make her so black and white that she would completely cut off ties with Silvermoon because of the last decade of trouble and the allies necessary to help the Sin'dorei through it. I'm fine with her staying with her hubby, if he is alive, but she shouldn't be as zealously puritan as her baby sister. Her steadfast commitment to the Alliance in the Second War was because she knew it was necessary to protect Quel'Thalas, not because she was all gooey over humans generally (just one!).

Anyway, this is good news indeed to have confirmed. I was hoping MoP would be a different expansion, but at least Turalyon and Alleria are finally only an expansion away, perhaps with a visit to Argus too? /)^3^(\ Bring on Velen's Army of Light!!

Seeing as Turalyon was one of my favorite Warcraft characters, I find this to be great news!

Deleted
    Who are now Sin'Dorei, the Quel'Dorei are pretty much gone now as most of their survivors were in Theramore after fleeing with Jaina and we all know what happened to that recently...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by High General Turalyon View Post
    Blizzplanet has just updated a small news post about the MoP launch event, where Chris Metzen took questions from fans about the game.

He confirmed that Turalyon and Alleria Windrunner will return in the next expansion of World of Warcraft.

The implications to this are huge. It probably means we will deal with the Burning Legion one way or another in the next expansion, which supports the theory sparked by the Orgrimmar raid. It also means lots and lots of Sin'dorei lore due to the return of one of the Windrunner sisters, so blood elves and forsaken - rejoice!

Most of all, it means that the Alliance will get back the hero from the Second War who at this point is probably the greatest hero of the Alliance and the best card they have in their deck.

I cannot be sure yet because I missed the stream, but I think it may have been my twitter question he responded to, so I'm feeling mighty happy right now. If you saw it and can confirm or deny that he responded to a twitter question, please do share.

Anyway. FOR LOTHAR!!!

Source
    Alliance is finally getting its heroes! After years and expansions of being horde focused, we are finally getting a wind in our backs. I rememeber writting at the end of TBC about this topic, and discussing what might be with them and where are they and will they finally appear. I, as resident alliance fanboy, fully support general Turalyon and his actions. But i wouldnt call him greatest Alliance hero. Greatest Alliance hero at the moment for sure, but one does does not take title of greatest Alliance hero ever from King Anduin Lothar.

Who knows, with returning of Turalyon maybe Stromgrade will be reinforced too. We could use one fortress in Lordaeron, for sure (i know they said recently it will not be renewed, but one can dream, can he)
    Rules of the internets:

1. There is no RL, only AFK.

2. Welcome to the internets, place where men are men, women are men, and childrend are undercovered FBI agents. Enjoy your stay.

Deleted
    Really stocked to see the last alliance super heroes come back, favorites since wc2 (well, only Alleria). A shame they will probably end neutral. A real shame. At least Alleria should be spared that fate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by koljach View Post
    Alliance is finally getting its heroes! After years and expansions of being horde focused, we are finally getting a wind in our backs. I rememeber writting at the end of TBC about this topic, and discussing what might be with them and where are they and will they finally appear. I, as resident alliance fanboy, fully support general Turalyon and his actions. But i wouldnt call him greatest Alliance hero. Greatest Alliance hero at the moment for sure, but one does does not take title of greatest Alliance hero ever from King Anduin Lothar.

Who knows, with returning of Turalyon maybe Stromgrade will be reinforced too. We could use one fortress in Lordaeron, for sure (i know they said recently it will not be renewed, but one can dream, can he)
    Agreed. While Lothar wasn't king, he certainly was the greatest. Perhaps I should add living to my OP.

That sounds awesome ! Blood Elves for the win!

10+ Year Old Account
    Turalyon + Alleria + new High Elf lore? Yes please!

---------- Post added 2012-09-25 at 10:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Who are now Sin'Dorei, the Quel'Dorei are pretty much gone now as most of their survivors were in Theramore after fleeing with Jaina and we all know what happened to that recently...
    There are still Quel'dorei. Not to mention how there were quite a few High Elves who went to Outland which Alleria will inevitably get back. High Elves need some lore and this is a great way to do it.

I can't really see Alleria agreeing with the Blood Elves, I think she'd rather take up some form of leadership of the remaining High Elves. I can't see her agreeing with their methods and I definitely cannot see her siding with the Orcs.

For her to side with the Horde she'd not only have to abandon her husband and son, along with the rest of her people she travelled to Outland with, but shed be joining a faction who's majority are Orcs, a faction of Undead lead by her Undead sister who attacked High Elves and are plaguing the people she fought with, support the Blood Elves and their magic siphoning addiction, and finally abandon her remaining living sister.

Alleria will either be a neutral party, or she'll be part of the Alliance. I'd prefer the latter as that way we get some High Elf lore (Which inevitably leads to Blood Elf lore)
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-09-25 at 09:35 AM.

Deleted
    I bet you won't be so happy if they're made neutral.

i would buy that, i guess ill have to wait for a other 2 years before i return to wow.
    pandaland dosnt excite me yet so far.

Deleted
    There should be capital punishment for spreading false, misleading or over sensationalized information...

We already know they will be neutral considering the horde would throw a shitfit otherwise plus we know Metzen favors the horde.

The lore would justify both her and Turylon siding with the alliance considering their hatred for Orcs/trolls And well I doubt either of them would be fond of sylvanas even if the forsaken were not part of the horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dread them being made neutral. But Blizzard/Metzen did at the very least note that they realised people disliked Thrall going neutral, so I see that as a good sign at the very least.

I would be devastated though if Turalyon went neutral.