Poll: Does this excite you?

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like Pandaria well enough so far. I plan to enjoy it to its fullest. But this...now this gets me excited. We're talking rabid fangirl territory. Normally I'm Horde (not due to any sense of duty, but just being accustomed to it at this point) but Turaylon and Alleria won my heart through the WoW novels and I've been secretly rooting for the Alliance ever since.

Definite motivation to level up that nelf druid...
    When there is nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    There should be capital punishment for spreading false, misleading or over sensationalized information...
    Care to elaborate?

Deleted
    I love Turalyon and Alleria, their story in the dark portal book was amazing

10+ Year Old Account
    Get all the Windrunner sisters together for a sleepover. Do a pillow fight.

I'm guessing they must already know what the next expansion will be by this point so if Metzen is talking lore.. it's pretty much confirmation that's what we'll get. It would be kinda nice if there was a progression.. so in a year, we get a content patch that creates a content/lore bridge between MoP and the next expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    I'm guessing they must already know what the next expansion will be by this point so if Metzen is talking lore.. it's pretty much confirmation that's what we'll get. It would be kinda nice if there was a progression.. so in a year, we get a content patch that creates a content/lore bridge between MoP and the next expansion.
    They've probably known that for five years. By now, they are probably well into pre-production of the next expansion. The lore is probably mostly done, and the the original design documents being expanded.

Hopefully Alleria's attitude won't still be completely anti-Horde, it has been a while since she last saw her homeworld and its people after all. I can see her as Alliance-affiliated, but leaning towards neutrality like Jaina used to be(different personality though). One blood-sister and most of her people are Horde, so I think she has to struggle inside of her stance instead of being clear-Alliance like Vereesa.

Turalyon most certainly ought to be completely pro-Alliance, though without prejudice towards Horde(unless they plan on making him a bitter old man).

Now that his parents will be back, Arator ought to have a bigger role in the game too. If my guess on Alleria becomes reality, I can see Arator torn between which parent he should follow. He's sporting Judgment gear, so I guess he'll be with Turalyon most of the time, but occasionally checking what Alleria is up to and therefore gaining different views on matters that conflict with what his father is telling him. Actually, it would be kind of interesting if a lot of the matters concerning the Windrunner family and their individual actions would be reviewed from Arator's pov, through a questline(Alliance only, unless he becomes neutral for a set period of time, like Thrall was in Cata). This because while he's a relevant character in this whole, he doesn't represent a party and can therefore move about more freely. The three Windrunner sisters and Turalyon would each have formed their stance on things, which would bar them to think objectively, where as Arator wouldn't yet have formed his stance.

I hope Alleria won't just stand beside her husband and follow him where ever he goes. It would be more interesting, if they had different feelings about Azeroth's condition and would act accordingly, which of course would be a strain to their marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by High General Turalyon View Post
    Blizzplanet has just updated a small news post about the MoP launch event, where Chris Metzen took questions from fans about the game.

He confirmed that Turalyon and Alleria Windrunner will return in the next expansion of World of Warcraft.

The implications to this are huge. It probably means we will deal with the Burning Legion one way or another in the next expansion, which supports the theory sparked by the Orgrimmar raid. It also means lots and lots of Sin'dorei / Quel'dorei lore due to the return of one of the Windrunner sisters, so blood elves and forsaken - rejoice!

Most of all, it means that the Alliance will get back the hero from the Second War who at this point is probably the greatest living hero of the Alliance and the best card they have in their deck.

I cannot be sure yet because I missed the stream, but I think it may have been my twitter question he responded to, so I'm feeling mighty happy right now. If you saw it and can confirm or deny that he responded to a twitter question, please do share.

Anyway. FOR LOTHAR!!!

Source
    Unless of course he decides to go neutral because he saw how much of a threat the Burning Legion was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Unless of course he decides to go neutral because he saw how much of a threat the Burning Legion was.
    It's perfectly plausible that Turalyon has been hanging out with surviving good Eredar on Argus, and now comes to Azeroth to recruit people to the Army of Light. Once MoP is over, some of the Horde-Alliance tension should be a thing of the past.

Edit:
    It's also possible that once the Orgrimmar raid is over and Garrosh is dead or gone, Thrall will control the Horde again and in the face of the new Legion threat looming over them, they are all forced into the AoL in order to save Azeroth like they did in WC3.
    Last edited by mmoce6c1c8307c; 2012-09-25 at 10:06 AM.

It's perfectly plausible that Turalyon has been hanging out with surviving good Eredar on Argus, and now comes to Azeroth to recruit people to the Army of Light. Once MoP is over, some of the Horde-Alliance tension should be a thing of the past.
    Well let's hope so. I don't really want to have war while every hero of the Alliance/Horde goes neutral.

After MoP there will be peace again, then those two appear and go apeshit, Daelin Proudmoore style and we have to kill them.

I would laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Nahhh... After all that time on fel-infested planets full of demons and all kinds of nasties, she probably looks like this by now:

I'd still tap it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    I'd still tap it.
    Yeah lol. Kinda like a succubus.

10+ Year Old Account

Edit:
    It's also possible that once the Orgrimmar raid is over and Garrosh is dead or gone, Thrall will control the Horde again and in the face of the new Legion threat looming over them, they are all forced into the AoL in order to save Azeroth like they did in WC3.
    As I mentioned before, Metzen acknowledged how Thrall going neutral to save Azeroth didn't work as Horde players kinda resented him for almost abandoning them and not being a part of their faction really, while Alliance players hated having the ex-Warchief of the Horde shoved in their face.

That combined with the fact we're supposed to be at peace for the most part post-MoP means that there should little need or reason for either of them to go neutral.

Sounds good, maybe TOO good.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    I'd still tap it.
    For sure!

I was just teasing the die-hard 'Alleria will remain loyal to the Alliance' camp. But, it seems that Quel'dorei have such an affinity for magic that they absorb magical energies from around them passively, without any concious action being needed (especially after Blizz acknowledged that even the most pious priests in Silvermoon still got fel-eye'd), and Alleria has been in Legion territory for a long time so my mocking may hold some potential poignancy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    I was just teasing the die-hard 'Alleria will remain loyal to the Alliance' camp. But, it seems that Quel'dorei have such an affinity for magic that they absorb magical energies from around them passively, without any concious action being needed (especially after Blizz acknowledged that even the most pious priests in Silvermoon still got fel-eye'd), and Alleria has been in Legion territory for a long time so my mocking may hold some potential poignancy.
    Well I imagine we'll be told that because Turalyon's such a bad ass paladin that he kept away all the fel magic .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Well I imagine we'll be told that because Turalyon's such a bad ass paladin that he kept away all the fel magic .
    Hehe! That wouldn't be a bad way around it. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I was hoping for a confirmation that we fight Sargers in the next xpac but judging by how metzen phrased that "somewhere in the future" low chances of that happening.
    We will probably just get a burning legion raid or event to prepare us for the final Sargeras expac.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    We already know they will be neutral considering the horde would throw a shitfit otherwise
    Couldn't care less. Now if Illidan came back and was alliance only..