Poll: Does this excite you?

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    But, are you sure there are no heroes of the Horde who are currently missing or presumed dead and that in the next expansion may come and have their due protagonism?

• Broxigar. We could say that he is the greatest hero of the Horde, the only one who has come face to face against Sargeras ... although he did not survive.
      However, Sargeras could have been so impressed by his courage and determination that perhaps the leader of the Burning Legion could have resurrected Broxigar to make him a champion of the Burning Legion, erasing his memory in the process to make it more manageable.
      In the next expansion many people would be impressed by seeing Broxigar alive again leading the Burning Legion forces, and no doubt they will try make him recover his memory and bring him back to the Horde.
    Even if Sargeras were to resurrect Broxigar there is no way we would see him. His fight with Sargeras happened in another timeline than the one we're playing in, if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    Even if Sargeras were to resurrect Broxigar there is no way we would see him. His fight with Sargeras happened in another timeline than the one we're playing in, if I remember correctly.
    No it became the dominant timeline, all time ways were about to collapse and through truly altering the past it became stable once more. Though the original timeline was so much better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    I never presented it as my best idea, either. I often write quick ideas off the top of my head. It's a fun practice, whether they end up being good or not. Either way, they can always serve to inspire others to do something better, make other ideas seem plausible, or simply be an interesting read.

How am I biased? Because I met his drivel of a reply with the same type of drivel?

When people are nice and thoughtful in conversation with me, I am too. If they spout insults, I'll react.

I never said Alleria wanted to help blood elves. I said she wanted to restore the kingdom and turn her people back on what she probably considers to be the right path.

Okay, it came off sounding rather lame. My point was that I don't really care for some jerk trying to offend me at an online forum, seeing as how I know I can write if I put some effort into it. WoW has a cheesy narrative, it warrants cheesy ideas.

Tact in your view equals allowing people to step all over you? He was a jerk, I was a jerk back at him. At least I had the decency to do it with a hint of sarcasm.
    To be perfectly honest, I don't think "I'm glad you're not in charge of lore lol" is being much of a jerk. Seems like you just got your knickers in a twist because he didn't like your idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Turalyon is a human and Alleria is a high elf. Their possible return has nothing to do with blood elves.
    Alleria is a Thalassian elf; those are blood elves. The only ones that call themselves "high elves" anymore are a break off set of expatriates who had a philosophical disagreement and abandoned the "blood elf" name it seems because they put their political statement above the memory of their destroyed homeland. If Alleria would suddenly be like "GRRRR I HATE SILVERMOON" after she was brought up to speed on everything that happened since she left, she's not as interesting a character as the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Nice, all the major Alliance heroes from the Second War are still alive but not a single Horde one... GIF GOREFIEND BACK!
    Not sure if ALL are still alive, I have yet to see that Ballista from the mission where you gather all of the heroes.
    "You will bend to my will... with or without your precious sanity!

Things we heard at Blizzcon:

1. They wanted to redo the Burning Crusade zones - they feel outdated now
    2. Chris wants to bring back Illidan
    3. Turalyon and Alliarea Windrunner will be back (yes he talked about them back at the last Blizzcon already)
    4. Rob Pardo Lead Designer of WoW BC and after that working on Project Titan is now working on WoW Expansion X5 and twitted that he is very excited about it
    5. Many many maaaaany people wanted to have the hero class "Demon Hunter" at Blizzcon just like they wanted to play Deathknights before WotlK was released.

Then we got the whole Black Prince story where is explicite said that the Burning Crusade will return.

If the next Expansion is not about the Burning Legion it would be very strange.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by ChadBroChill17 View Post
    Not sure if ALL are still alive, I have yet to see that Ballista from the mission where you gather all of the heroes.
    Lol you made me look up Ballista, successful troll is successful xD
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Alleria is a Thalassian elf; those are blood elves. The only ones that call themselves "high elves" anymore are a break off set of expatriates who had a philosophical disagreement and abandoned the "blood elf" name it seems because they put their political statement above the memory of their destroyed homeland. If Alleria would suddenly be like "GRRRR I HATE SILVERMOON" after she was brought up to speed on everything that happened since she left, she's not as interesting a character as the hype.
    Alleria was not around for the chain of events that led blood elves to join the Horde. I think she is much more likely to side with Vereesa than she is with Sylvanas, especially given her immense and undying hatred for orcs.

Deleted
    If they are neutral that will suck hard, and I'm Horde.

I was excited, until i checked the date of the thread and it was a year ago. lol. Lame. Now I'm depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by KClovesGaming View Post
    I was excited, until i checked the date of the thread and it was a year ago. lol. Lame. Now I'm depressed.
    It doesn't mean that they won;t return though. Don't lose hope!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cradix View Post
    Turalyon wouldn't be neutral, but he wouldn't be an enemy of the Horde. During the second war, while Alleria and Danath both wanted to exterminate the Orcs, Turalyon himself did not approve of it. To quote from Beyond The Dark Portal the book,

Turalyon does not fight to destroy the Horde. He fights to uphold justice. And if he saw that the New Horde also fought to uphold justice(as shown by their rallying behind Vol'jin to take down Garrosh and stop his desire to exterminate all races beyond Orcs), he would ally with them in a greater war against the Legion, as old racial hatreds are not something he wants to follow, but instead the pursuit of the greater good.
    As much as I agree with this sentiment for Turalyon, I would still hate it completely if he went entirely Neutral. Just because you uphold justice does not mean you abandon your people whom you swore to protect, even if their enemies are also protectors of justice.

The problem with the Alliance these days is that we don't have people who can do both. Either our leaders are just warmongers wanting war with the Horde for some ludicrous reason or they aren't in the Alliance at all.

What the Alliance needs, is someone who can uphold justice to their best ability while also doing their utmost to protect the Alliance from all who would threaten them. The Horde have Saurfang and Eitrigg who both hold to these values in defense of the Horde, yet no one that I can think of in the Alliance is even remotely equivalent to them. Either they are complete pacifists in the Alliance or are upholders of justice in a neutral faction unaffiliated with anyone to matter; or even worse, dumbasses who want to wage war with the Horde because they are a different race, without even considering the views and reasons why their enemy fights them...

I am just hoping that Turalyon can be our Saurfang, someone who can uphold justice while also defending the Alliance without spouting "we need to put our differences aside for our common enemy" and completely abandon his former allies while the same people who were his old enemies still attack them. Tirion Fordring already is our neutral Paladin of Justice, we don't need another one.
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2013-09-29 at 08:38 PM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you got Jaina. New Jaina attidue is great imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Well you got Jaina. New Jaina attidue is great imo.
    Jaina sucks as a character and always has.

She's always been incredibly 1 dimensional and bland be her good or evil

Alleria was not around for the chain of events that led blood elves to join the Horde. I think she is much more likely to side with Vereesa than she is with Sylvanas, especially given her immense and undying hatred for orcs.
    She doesn't have to side with either. Her people ended up allied with the Orcs, yes. AFTER her people had been betrayed and attacked variously by the humans, the dwarves, and the humans newfound but not when Alleria was around ally, the Night Elves, who are no friends to her people. And now they are more alongside the Orcs than subject to them, and they are led by a troll who helped push back a resurgent invasion of Amani in her land... yeah, see, I'm finding a lot more ambiguity to this.

And can she really be likely to "side" with Vereesa now that the latter has probably killed more non-combatant Thalassians than anyone since Arthas, in her zealous purge of Sin'dorei from Dalaran?

Try to imagine if you were an actual elf who had been away and missed everything that happened in the Third War and WoW.

My preference/expectation has been that Turalyon will be an Alliance NPC and Alleria a neutral NPC, and that they would interact in game much the way WOTLK-Dalaran Rhonin and Vereesa do (i.e. she cons red to the Horde players, but does not aggro on them).

Plus, I really want Alleria to want to Big Sister both Vereesa and Sylvanas, and that requires she not be on either of their side and disapproving of both.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    She doesn't have to side with either. Her people ended up allied with the Orcs, yes. AFTER her people had been betrayed and attacked variously by the humans, the dwarves, and the humans newfound but not when Alleria was around ally, the Night Elves, who are no friends to her people. And now they are more alongside the Orcs than subject to them, and they are led by a troll who helped push back a resurgent invasion of Amani in her land... yeah, see, I'm finding a lot more ambiguity to this.
    Alleria HATES the Horde though. HATES. Cannot emphasize this enough. The orcs are like vermin to her. She'd choose neither faction before she'd be neutral to the Horde. I see no ambiguity. She's just not a neutral character. It would be a massive disservice to her if Blizzard tried to do this.

The ONLY way I can see Alleria being even somewhat open to the idea is if she was tortured to death by the Alliance the same way Sylvanas was by Arthas, and then was raised again by her sister. And even then I'd imagine her reacting similarly to Lilian Voss.

Why are Horde trying to steal Alliance heroes anyway? You don't see us trying to claim Thrall or Sylvanas for ourselves, if anything people were annoyed that Thrall was presented as a "neutral" character during Cataclysm.
    Last edited by Celista; 2013-09-29 at 09:04 PM.

Alleria HATES the Horde though. HATES. Cannot emphasize this enough. The orcs are like vermin to her. She'd choose neither faction before she'd be neutral to the Horde. I see no ambiguity. She's just not a neutral character. It would be a massive disservice to her if Blizzard tried to do this.

The ONLY way I can see Alleria being even somewhat open to the idea is if she was tortured to death by the Alliance the same way Sylvanas was by Arthas, and then was raised again by her sister. And even then I'd imagine her reacting similarly to Lilian Voss.

Why are Horde trying to steal Alliance heroes anyway? You don't see us trying to claim Thrall or Sylvanas for ourselves, if anything people were annoyed that Thrall was presented as a "neutral" character during Cataclysm.
    Alleria loved her people and nation above all else, it is the core of her character, the loss of her family members and people is what drove her to despise the orcs and nearly got her killed because she got incredibly reckless as a result. The first thing that would happen to her would be she is utterly crushed by guilt, because she wasn't there and everything she held dear lies in ruins and her people are no longer part of the Alliance, it will shake up everything she held dear realizing, that her sacrifice on Draenor meant nothing, in the end for her people were butchered in droves, by a human no less.

It makes little to no sense to have a die hard Quel'thalas loyalist to turn just over and say screw this guys, she can remain Alliance if she tries to get Quel'thals back into the fold or at least into neutrality, but her outright opposing her own people would butcher her established character.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Alleria loved her people and nation above all else, it is the core of her character,
    No, the core of her character is killing orcs, to the point that her people were disturbed by her obsession with vengeance.

No, the core of her character is killing orcs, to the point that her people were disturbed by her obsession with vengeance.
    Where do you think this thirst for vengeance came from? She only hated Orcs that much because they set her nation ablaze and killed her younger brother. If a bunch of humans had rampaged through her land and killed members of her family she would be out for human blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Alleria loved her people and nation above all else, it is the core of her character, the loss of her family members and people is what drove her to despise the orcs and nearly got her killed because she got incredibly reckless as a result. The first thing that would happen to her would be she is utterly crushed by guilt, because she wasn't there and everything she held dear lies in ruins and her people are no longer part of the Alliance, it will shake up everything she held dear realizing, that her sacrifice on Draenor meant nothing, in the end for her people were butchered in droves, by a human no less.

It makes little to no sense to have a die hard Quel'thalas loyalist to turn just over and say screw this guys, she can remain Alliance if she tries to get Quel'thals back into the fold or at least into neutrality, but her outright opposing her own people would butcher her established character.
    But you have to remember that she hates demons as well, and with the Blood elves' intentional magic sucking from living creatures and fel energy, it could disgust her to no end. She still has people on the other side who at least stayed true to their race and didn't "turn into" Blood elves.

Also, the former High elves did blame the humans for really petty things (i.e. the burning of their forests done by the forest trolls), and under the leadership of Anasterian Sunstrider, the race as a whole effectively abandoned the Alliance. Only the Windrunner sisters and various rangers wanted to continue their ties with the Alliance, but Anasterian still held his ground. Finally, when after the Scourge attacked, the High elves clung onto the Alliance once more; almost like a big middle finger stuck straight in their faces. I'm sure Alleria could/would understand the Alliance's resentment for the High elves after she went missing, but her race is not forgotten, and most likely, her ideology hasn't been swayed after killing a bunch of demons and fel orcs in the Twisting Nether either.