Poll: Does this excite you?

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    As I said if she doesn't consider them her people it is a cheap cop out, she knows the regent lord and most of his advisers, heck Sylvanas is her sister. She fought with them and knows them, so she will ask why did they turn out like this and most likely I have failed to protect what was dear to me yet again.

Could be anything but should they be stuck on a world with fel radiation, her eyes will have the fel glint of the blood elves.
    Story wise, what you say makes the MOST sense and that is how it should go, but it won't I believe. At the very least, it would be in a book and there would be a lengthy reason why she might look down upon them.

Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    Story wise, what you say makes the MOST sense and that is how it should go, but it won't I believe. At the very least, it would be in a book and there would be a lengthy reason why she might look down upon them.
    Edit: misread the post. Possible (in regards to being stuck on a planet w/fel radiation), it would be interesting.
    Last edited by Celista; 2013-09-29 at 11:16 PM.

gets infracted for necroing.......7 pages later....

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope we get a Alliance Expidition reunion, with Turalyon and Alleria Windrunner returning I want to see more of Khadgar, Kurdran Wildhammer and Danath Trollbane, make it happen and I will seriously be a kid again!

also glad to see more Elf lore. I really hope they give us more Draenei lore too.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Alleria HATES the Horde though. HATES. Cannot emphasize this enough. The orcs are like vermin to her. She'd choose neither faction before she'd be neutral to the Horde. I see no ambiguity. She's just not a neutral character. It would be a massive disservice to her if Blizzard tried to do this.

The ONLY way I can see Alleria being even somewhat open to the idea is if she was tortured to death by the Alliance the same way Sylvanas was by Arthas, and then was raised again by her sister. And even then I'd imagine her reacting similarly to Lilian Voss.

Why are Horde trying to steal Alliance heroes anyway? You don't see us trying to claim Thrall or Sylvanas for ourselves, if anything people were annoyed that Thrall was presented as a "neutral" character during Cataclysm.
    If she's just another warmonger then we've waited all this time for nothing. Don't want a neutral pansy but don't want another Garrosh either.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    If she's just another warmonger then we've waited all this time for nothing. Don't want a neutral pansy but don't want another Garrosh either.
    She's kindof an interesting character, she does remind me more of Sylvanas than Vereesa in some ways. It is pretty clear that her hatred of the orcs/desire for vengeance was so extreme that others were disturbed by it, and the way she treated Turalyon in the books is also interesting.

I can only really think of 4 possible scenarios regarding Alleria: 1. she's dead; 2. she's imprisoned somewhere and/or has been imprisoned for quite some time; 3. she and Turalyon found some high elf enclave/utopia and she popped out some babies; 4. she came across a threat larget than the orcs, that she and Turalyon have been dealing with all this time.

Thinking option 4 is most likely. I mean, her son is still hanging out in Honor Hold, waiting for them to return...which makes me think whatever it is that they have been doing, it probably involves something serious.

She's kindof an interesting character, she does remind me more of Sylvanas than Vereesa in some ways. It is pretty clear that her hatred of the orcs/desire for vengeance was so extreme that others were disturbed by it, and the way she treated Turalyon in the books is also interesting.

I can only really think of 4 possible scenarios regarding Alleria: 1. she's dead; 2. she's imprisoned somewhere and/or has been imprisoned for quite some time; 3. she and Turalyon found some high elf enclave/utopia and she popped out some babies; 4. she came across a threat larget than the orcs, that she and Turalyon have been dealing with all this time.

Thinking option 4 is most likely. I mean, her son is still hanging out in Honor Hold, waiting for them to return...which makes me think whatever it is that they have been doing, it probably involves something serious.
    Says on Wowpedia that she let go off (most?) her hate when she rekindled her relationship with Turalyon in Beyond the Dark Portal.
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Says on Wowpedia that she let go off (most?) her hate when she rekindled her relationship with Turalyon in Beyond the Dark Portal.
    Yeah I don't think her characterization is stagnant. And yes she rekindled w/Turalyon.

Quote Originally Posted by Reybar View Post
    I wouldn't suggest she'll join the Horde, but if we look at the past of WoW, Blizzard doesn't mind giving Alliance stuff to the Horde, with or without reason or logic, inventing and retconning things on the way and smoothing it out later. While it can add fun to the story, in the end we get "Alliance fist-pump" moments like one we had in Pandaria.. Kirin Tor joins the Alliance.. yay.. And developers literally don't realize WHY Alliance fans don't see that as fist pump moment? Kirin Tor should've been in the Alliance in the first place. People felt cheated because something was taken away, and then they are expected to be LIEK SUPPER GRATEFUL because it was returned to them? Come on.. As a guy who couldn't wait for WoW to start because I was hooked up in the story up to WarCraft 3, seeing Lordaeron hostile to the Alliance and friendly to the Horde was already quite a big dissatisfaction to swallow. At that time kingdom of Lordaeron was core of the Alliance. And I had to make peace with the fact that my first characters will never set foot in the kingdom of Lordaeron. I was like "okay.." and I hoped it's an exception made for the sake of making better game. I did not know I should see it as an implication of how Blizzard plans to treat Alliance in the future. I better stop right here, without talking about Cenarion Circle, Argent Dawn, Silvermoon and naaru-worshipping draenei who are not allied with naaru-worshipping draenei and other idiotic "WE ARE ABOVE FACTION DIFFERENCES!!!!1!1" decisions.

I don't mind Horde getting plenty of stuff, new stuff, old stuff, heck, even Alliance stuff, but we got Alliance lore fans who wait and hope to see something finally in the game, and then they see it as neutral or given to the Horde.
    I agree Kirin Tor didn't make sense being neutral but how can you honestly have expected Alliance to get Lordaeron and Silvermoon? And you played Warcraft 3? There's even a cinematic with Arthas killing Terenas and basically purging what humans that were left. I don't know when the elves should feel loyal to the Alliance either. Think they forgot getting no help when Arthas invaded Silvermoon or when Garithos basically sent Kael'thas and the belves to their death, only to betray them when they unexpectedly survived?

No, the core of her character is killing orcs, to the point that her people were disturbed by her obsession with vengeance.
    That's an absurdly facile reading of the character. What motivated her for her entire life prior to knowing what the hell an Orc was? Her hatred of Amani trolls most likely. And why did she hate either of them? For the threats and violations of her home, her people, her way of life.

In her absence, it was a corrupt human prince who led the undead across her land and did more damage to it than she could probably possibly imagine or believe until shown the Dead Scar herself. Then it was humans who betrayed and imprisoned her prince after sending him on a suicide mission. Then it was dwarves who tried to sabotage their rebuilding efforts. Then it was Night Elves -- an ancient non-friend, now allied with those same humans -- who made an incursion against them.

And when they desperately needed an ally, it was those Orcs under a much different leader who gave it to them. And the Darkspear troll chieftain who led the campaign that stopped the Rise of the Zandalari from making Zul'Aman a renewed threat to Silvermoon.

I think it's just colossally bland and lazy to act as though, when she's brought up to speed on everything she missed, none of it would have any sympathy or understanding for her, and she would just say "no, Orcs bad, and I don't hold anything that the races of this current Alliance did to them against them". Or that she wouldn't hold her own idiot-child baby sister leading a gestapo through Dalaran to imprison, banish, or kill her own people on mere suspicion.

Upshot being... Alleria as hostile toward the elves of Quel'thalas would be idiotic. Neutral is the farthest against the Sin'dorei that she could ever believably be.

EDIT: I'd like to see Alleria come back as a separatist, basically -- that the Sin'dorei should abandon their ties to the old enemies (the Orcs) and forsake any bond to their new enemies (the Alliance) as well. For personal story, I so, so, so hope she's pissy with both of her facepalm sisters.
    Last edited by Stormdash; 2013-09-30 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    gets infracted for necroing.......7 pages later....
    Seriously, can we just get over this fact already? Sheesh, it was an accident!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    I think it's just colossally bland and lazy to act as though, when she's brought up to speed on everything she missed, none of it would have any sympathy or understanding for her, and she would just say "no, Orcs bad, and I don't hold anything that the races of this current Alliance did to them against them". Or that she wouldn't hold her own idiot-child baby sister leading a gestapo through Dalaran to imprison, banish, or kill her own people on mere suspicion.

Upshot being... Alleria as hostile toward the elves of Quel'thalas would be idiotic. Neutral is the farthest against the Sin'dorei that she could ever believably be.
    Yes but still, you have to look at what Alleria would be thinking, coming back to Azeroth/Outlands with no knowledge or participation of the events that took place in her absence. You can't just expect someone to understand everything that has happened while gone and be OK with drastic exchange of who is friend and who is foe. It would just look like insanity to someone who spent their entire life fighting against races who blood elves are now allied with.

If it were as simple as sticking w/kin, we wouldn't have this divide between night, blood and high elves in the first place, and Vereesa and Sylvanas would be fighting for the same team.
    Last edited by Celista; 2013-09-30 at 12:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elves are boring.

Alleria & Vereesa vs Sylvanas at some point next expansion, would be an epic battle and I would be very interested in seeing how Sylvanas reacts to her sisters doing what really needs to be done.

Deleted
    It's probably an ocean/underground expansion (that doesn't necessarily has to be underwater) that slowly transitions towards burning legion.

I agree Kirin Tor didn't make sense being neutral but how can you honestly have expected Alliance to get Lordaeron and Silvermoon? And you played Warcraft 3? There's even a cinematic with Arthas killing Terenas and basically purging what humans that were left.
    We can argue about the number of living in/from Lordaeron, but that was not my point at all. I did not really expect Lordaeron to join the Alliance, it was announced very early that undead will be playable race of the Horde. Sylvanas' undead. Forsaken. So, I knew what to expect, but it was still a bit disappointing. At that time, I did not even knew how could they join the Horde, yet it was not an issue, Blizzard found a reason and an explanation. So, I simply hoped that's an exception, not a rule which will be followed every expansion, I didn't think that in future expansions we'd keep seeing something given/available to the Horde, even if that something has ties with the Alliance, or was part of the Alliance in the first place.

And again, I said I can get it, I didn't even argue back in vanilla (never EVER) that Undead would've been Alliance race (although I still think it would've been awesome), I believed it was part of the greater story, and I did not need to like its every single twist and turn in order to enjoy it.

I don't know when the elves should feel loyal to the Alliance either. Think they forgot getting no help when Arthas invaded Silvermoon or when Garithos basically sent Kael'thas and the belves to their death, only to betray them when they unexpectedly survived?
    Who was there to help them? Again, I do get every single explanation which was given for every thing Alliance no longer has because it's either LOLhorde, or LOLneutral, or LOLdead so Horde could feel super badass without getting what they deserve. But it became repetitive, even in vanilla. After it became repetitive, it became boring. And I hope to see less and less of it.

Blizzard is good at inventing explanations for their own bias. I get it. Now I just hope they'll cut the crap. They are excellent storytellers. But they simply can't write good faction war within the boundaries they put for themselves, and they shouldn't bother with it anymore.

Yeah, it's just my opinion :P

- - - Updated - - -

I agree Kirin Tor didn't make sense being neutral but how can you honestly have expected Alliance to get Lordaeron and Silvermoon? And you played Warcraft 3? There's even a cinematic with Arthas killing Terenas and basically purging what humans that were left.
    We can argue about the number of living in/from Lordaeron, but that was not my point at all. I did not really expect Lordaeron to join the Alliance, it was announced very early that undead will be playable race of the Horde. Sylvanas' undead. Forsaken. So, I knew what to expect, but it was still a bit disappointing. At that time, I did not even knew how could they join the Horde, yet it was not an issue, Blizzard found a reason and an explanation. So, I simply hoped that's an exception, not a rule which will be followed every expansion, I didn't think that in future expansions we'd keep seeing something given/available to the Horde, even if that something has ties with the Alliance, or was part of the Alliance in the first place.

And again, I said I can get it, I didn't even argue back in vanilla (never EVER) that Undead would've been Alliance race (although I still think it would've been awesome), I believed it was part of the greater story, and I did not need to like its every single twist and turn in order to enjoy it.

I don't know when the elves should feel loyal to the Alliance either. Think they forgot getting no help when Arthas invaded Silvermoon or when Garithos basically sent Kael'thas and the belves to their death, only to betray them when they unexpectedly survived?
    Who was there to help them? Again, I do get every single explanation which was given for every thing Alliance no longer has because it's either LOLhorde, or LOLneutral, or LOLdead so Horde could feel super badass without getting what they deserve. But it became repetitive, even in vanilla. After it became repetitive, it became boring. And I hope to see less and less of it.

Blizzard is good at inventing explanations for their own bias. I get it. Now I just hope they'll cut the crap. They are excellent storytellers. But they simply can't write good faction war within the boundaries they put for themselves, and they shouldn't bother with it anymore.

Yeah, it's just my opinion :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    The boy is either a master troll, professional pain in the ass, or a dung-tossing primate. Then again, why compromise? All three needn't be mutually exclusive, and exist together in harmony among people I stumble across every day.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ce-badass-hero

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiel View Post
    Alleria & Vereesa vs Sylvanas at some point next expansion, would be an epic battle and I would be very interested in seeing how Sylvanas reacts to her sisters doing what really needs to be done.
    Nep. Alleria vs. Vereesa vs. Sylvanas at some point next expansion. Like the three-way sword fight in "Dead Man's Chest", but with hot elf chicks?

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiel View Post
    I doubt Sylvanas would want to fight them and I doubt initially Alleria would wanna fight Sylvanas. Only Alleria has made her act "differently" and that was through a locket, imagine her actual sister. It would be VERY interesting if they played up all 3 sisters because their relationship IMO should be dealt with in some fashion. This is a great opportunity to show a different side of Sylvanas and develop Vereesa even more.

Wow, my loading screen tip just said "No one has seen Alleria or Turalyon in years". Plot thickens...

Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    Wow, my loading screen tip just said "No one has seen Alleria or Turalyon in years". Plot thickens...
    Yeah, lol. Although we've had that loading screen for two expansions now? I believe. They are coming....>.<