View Poll Results: Does this excite you?

Voters
604. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

    440 72.85%
  • NO!

    164 27.15%
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
LastLast
  1. #281
    Warchief Sand Person's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Tatooine (Outside Mos Eisley)
    Posts
    2,012
    super duper darkspear, the OP is.

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yeah, lol. Although we've had that loading screen for two expansions now? I believe. They are coming....>.<
    Really? Never noticed it. I guess seeing this thread I was paying more attention to the names.

  3. #283
    Warchief TheDangerZone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Burt Reynolds' stache
    Posts
    2,198
    I think that Alleria has pretty good reasons to support either side, but I just feel she would be inclined to agree with Vereesa. By a small margin.

  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    I think that Alleria has pretty good reasons to support either side, but I just feel she would be inclined to agree with Vereesa. By a small margin.
    Maybe before Dalaran, I could see that. But, seriously, Vereesa should probably rate right up there with Dar'khan Drathir in terms of doing harm to non-combatant Sin'dorei now, and I can't imagine that Alleria would be... okay with all that. "What do you mean you rounded up, banished, or killed every one of our people in Dalaran with no evidence that any of them had actually done anything wrong?"

  5. #285
    Regardless of how she feels about Blood Elves vs. High Elves, I imagine she'll be horrified about Sylvanas (and the Scourge's devastation of Silvermoon). Poor Alleria is in for a nasty shock.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    Not sure what is funny, try googling images for her :P
    Didn't really play W3 story nor any previous games, so just wanted to make sure :/
    It's an anachronism, the Blood Elves came into existence in the War3 expansion, whereas Alleria went missing after the War2 expansion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    She left Azeroth before her people became Blood Elves, which is what the elves of Quel'thalas are -- in memory of the near annihilation of their race at the hand of the corrupted human prince? A mantle they took up as they followed their own prince up to Northrend to attempt to destroy him, as they fought alongside humans who betrayed them trying to reclaim Lordaeron from the Undead? That is who the people are.

    The only ones calling themselves "high elves" now are people who thought that, as a way of proving their disagreement with the way their people were being led, decided to abandon the name "sin'dorei" because it was more important to flip off Kael'thas than to honor the most significant event in the history of their entire race, yes, including the War of the Ancients.

    I just can't imagine that the Alleria I've read about would be unmoved by the events of the Third War and would just blindly say "no, you fought alongside orcs, I hate my entire country now forever". The lady probably has green eyes, considering that the Blood Elves got it from ambient fel energy and most of them not from actual fel consumption.
    Yeah I don't know how they're going to explain her existence away from Azeroth far from the Sunwell (that lore was all introduced long after War2), presumably feeding on fel energy.

    To be totally accurate, after she left the Elves of Silvermoon split in three - Kael'thas' Blood Elves who went to outland, the playable Blood Elves who stayed behind, and the High Elves who were mostly in Dalaran at the time. It'll be interesting to see what Alleria makes of this and which side she chooses, if any.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  6. #286
    Warchief TheDangerZone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Burt Reynolds' stache
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Maybe before Dalaran, I could see that. But, seriously, Vereesa should probably rate right up there with Dar'khan Drathir in terms of doing harm to non-combatant Sin'dorei now, and I can't imagine that Alleria would be... okay with all that. "What do you mean you rounded up, banished, or killed every one of our people in Dalaran with no evidence that any of them had actually done anything wrong?"
    I'm taking that into account, it would definitely be a point of contest, but not a dealbreaker IMO. Without the Purge there is barely anything active the high elves have done against the blood elves. This would make Alleria's choice more difficult, and that is a good thing.

  7. #287
    I haven't exactly read much except the first post in this thread but was wondering what would be the next hero class/playeable race if burning legion was the next xpac and they decided to put one in, I know there's a bunch but i'm not that big into lore so don't know which would suit the xpac.

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yeah I don't know how they're going to explain her existence away from Azeroth far from the Sunwell (that lore was all introduced long after War2), presumably feeding on fel energy.
    Blizz would probably retcon that to the point that she kept a vial full of waters from the Sunwell with her, keeping her magical addiction satiated. I don't see how this couldn't work, but whatever happens will happen. I just hope she stays on the Alliance side.

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    Blizz would probably retcon that to the point that she kept a vial full of waters from the Sunwell with her, keeping her magical addiction satiated. I don't see how this couldn't work, but whatever happens will happen. I just hope she stays on the Alliance side.
    How about the bitter pill of the other, much more likely explanation? That she had to get by exactly the way the rest of her people did without it, that she has harvested mana from living organisms before, that she was not to proud to nom on some mana wyrms. I mean, even if Turalyon was trying to nurse her, she already is in every way a Blood Elf of the sort that the self-styled new "high elves" got in a snit over and left Quel'thalas. But retconning in a supply of vials (when she had no idea she was going to disappear for a generation or more) or conveniently having her always with a steady stream of magical artifacts... just can't do it.

    I don't think she can "stay" on the Alliance side, since the Alliance she would return to is a) a bona fide enemy of Quel'thalas, and b) radically different in its make-up than the one she was an ally of (say high, Night Elves). I don't think she'd be immediately or implicitly hostile toward the Alliance, but I don't think she'd be best buds with them considering the laundry list of offenses against her people that actually kind of shame what the Orcs and Amani accomplished in the Second War.

  10. #290
    Warchief TheDangerZone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Burt Reynolds' stache
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    Blizz would probably retcon that to the point that she kept a vial full of waters from the Sunwell with her, keeping her magical addiction satiated. I don't see how this couldn't work, but whatever happens will happen. I just hope she stays on the Alliance side.
    It has been stated that rangers actually have it easier because they are not spellcasters and only absorbed ambien magic. Lor'themar is an example of this actually, he barely needed to consume fel crystals, and there's Vereesa as well. Sure it was hard for her, but it isn't stated that she used any palliative measures.

    I actually think that the moment the high elves set foot on Draenor or maybe when the portal collapesed that they felt the pangs. They muct have chalked it up to the new world maybe, and since they were all string combatients I don't think death as an outcome was even a thing. It just seems that all the helves in outland just took it on stride.

  11. #291
    Stood in the Fire melkesjokolade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    499
    Quote Originally Posted by High General Turalyon View Post
    Blizzplanet has just updated a small news post about the MoP launch event, where Chris Metzen took questions from fans about the game.

    He confirmed that Turalyon and Alleria Windrunner will return in the next expansion of World of Warcraft.

    The implications to this are huge. It probably means we will deal with the Burning Legion one way or another in the next expansion, which supports the theory sparked by the Orgrimmar raid. It also means lots and lots of Sin'dorei / Quel'dorei lore due to the return of one of the Windrunner sisters, so blood elves and forsaken - rejoice!

    Most of all, it means that the Alliance will get back the hero from the Second War who at this point is probably the greatest living hero of the Alliance and the best card they have in their deck.

    Anyway. FOR LOTHAR!!!

    Source

    Update:

    The video of the launch event is available from Machinima's YouTube channel, here.

    Chris Metzen answers my tweet at 2:45:30, and ultimately his answer is this:

    '[...] however [...] in terms of what's coming next, you're gonna need their help.'

    'Next' could either be interpreted literally, the next expansion - or it could be interpreted as the coming few expansions. I think it's the first one.
    WAIT WAIT WAIT what did i miss... HOW and WHY does this mean that it is a burning legion expansion????

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    How about the bitter pill of the other, much more likely explanation? That she had to get by exactly the way the rest of her people did without it, that she has harvested mana from living organisms before, that she was not to proud to nom on some mana wyrms. I mean, even if Turalyon was trying to nurse her, she already is in every way a Blood Elf of the sort that the self-styled new "high elves" got in a snit over and left Quel'thalas. But retconning in a supply of vials (when she had no idea she was going to disappear for a generation or more) or conveniently having her always with a steady stream of magical artifacts... just can't do it.

    I don't think she can "stay" on the Alliance side, since the Alliance she would return to is a) a bona fide enemy of Quel'thalas, and b) radically different in its make-up than the one she was an ally of (say high, Night Elves). I don't think she'd be immediately or implicitly hostile toward the Alliance, but I don't think she'd be best buds with them considering the laundry list of offenses against her people that actually kind of shame what the Orcs and Amani accomplished in the Second War.
    Well, how would Alleria even know how to mana tap animals or humanoids? Blood elves only learned this technique from Rommath after his return from Outland.

    And, Alleria's people are still technically on the Alliance (High elves). Her sister is also there, and Sylvanas is so much of a nut job that I don't think Alleria will try to change her ways. Also, the recent Blood elven/Troll attack on Theramore will probably make Alleria choose the Alliance side considering they just slaughtered a lot of High elves living there. Let's not forget her husband either; huge pro-Alliance hero.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    It has been stated that rangers actually have it easier because they are not spellcasters and only absorbed ambien magic. Lor'themar is an example of this actually, he barely needed to consume fel crystals, and there's Vereesa as well. Sure it was hard for her, but it isn't stated that she used any palliative measures.
    Oh, I didn't know that! Thanks for the info! ^-^
    Last edited by cmats4020; 2013-09-30 at 05:04 AM.

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    I don't think she can "stay" on the Alliance side, since the Alliance she would return to is a) a bona fide enemy of Quel'thalas, and b) radically different in its make-up than the one she was an ally of (say high, Night Elves). I don't think she'd be immediately or implicitly hostile toward the Alliance, but I don't think she'd be best buds with them considering the laundry list of offenses against her people that actually kind of shame what the Orcs and Amani accomplished in the Second War.
    People keep forgetting that there are still very many high elves that are allied with the Alliance, INCLUDING HER SISTER VEREESA. :P

    Probably the most fair thing to say is that the history of the elves has changed so much that it is hard to say with certainty that she will be Alliance-aligned, but I sincerely hope she is not neutral and certainly do not hope she chooses the Horde. I do not see any way that her aligning with the Horde being believable given her history with the orcs. The most I can see happening is that she is neutral towards blood elves but still hostile towards other Horde races.

    As for managing any sort of magical addiction, I'd imagine that she'd handle it the same way every other high elf that is still around does, or found a new lightwell source. Who knows, perhaps she even found a cure for their addiction while she's been off doing whatever she's been doing.
    Last edited by Celista; 2013-09-30 at 05:19 AM.

  14. #294
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Maybe before Dalaran, I could see that. But, seriously, Vereesa should probably rate right up there with Dar'khan Drathir in terms of doing harm to non-combatant Sin'dorei now, and I can't imagine that Alleria would be... okay with all that. "What do you mean you rounded up, banished, or killed every one of our people in Dalaran with no evidence that any of them had actually done anything wrong?"
    is everyone in here who is pro alleria being neutral to horde fucking forgetting allerian stronghold?

    http://wowpedia.org/Allerian_Stronghold

    all of her people were disgusted by the blood elves when they came through the dark portal and continued to side with the alliance even after finding out what happened.

    what makes you think alleria whos own husband and son and sister and niece and nephew are still alliance would think differently?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  15. #295
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    People keep forgetting that there are still very many high elves that are allied with the Alliance, INCLUDING HER SISTER VEREESA.

    As for managing any sort of magical addiction, I'd imagine that she'd handle it the same way every other high elf that is still around does, or found a new lightwell source. Who knows, perhaps she even found a cure for their addiction while she's been off doing whatever she's been doing.
    Yeah, there is that magic source in the black temple Illidan was going to use to cure the blood elves. She might have used that before Illidan got his hands on it.

  16. #296
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    As for managing any sort of magical addiction, I'd imagine that she'd handle it the same way every other high elf that is still around does, or found a new lightwell source. Who knows, perhaps she even found a cure for their addiction while she's been off doing whatever she's been doing.
    Well, some speculate that the Twisting Nether is the actual source of all arcane magic, so it wouldn't be too out of the ordinary for her to remain a High elf. Also, like an above poster said, non-magically classed High elves didn't suffer as much with their magical addiction.

  17. #297
    Edit: Crap, didn't see that the thread was a year old.
    Last edited by Megamisama; 2013-09-30 at 06:03 AM.
    EU first PG wave 30, come at me bros.

  18. #298
    Warchief TheDangerZone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Burt Reynolds' stache
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    is everyone in here who is pro alleria being neutral to horde fucking forgetting allerian stronghold?

    http://wowpedia.org/Allerian_Stronghold

    all of her people were disgusted by the blood elves when they came through the dark portal and continued to side with the alliance even after finding out what happened.

    what makes you think alleria whos own husband and son and sister and niece and nephew are still alliance would think differently?
    Mmmm, I don't think that's a fair assumption for several reasons. Allerian stronghold has been a multicultural alliance sided post for almost 2 decades, Alleria has been on her own for the same-ish amount of time.

    Alleria didn't see what Kael'thas belves did in outland, if/when she returns, she will see them with the sunwell restored and them not sucking fel.

    Even the high elves of Allerian stronghold have started pilgrimage to the renewed sunwell. Auric Sunchaser, the high elf leader of Allerian S. is now an ambassador there.

  19. #299
    Over 9000! Combatbulter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hanseatic City of Lübeck
    Posts
    9,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    I actually think that the moment the high elves set foot on Draenor or maybe when the portal collapesed that they felt the pangs. They muct have chalked it up to the new world maybe, and since they were all string combatients I don't think death as an outcome was even a thing. It just seems that all the helves in outland just took it on stride.
    Indeed they are addicted to magic and chose to cope with it by stealing magical Draenei artifacts from Turem, to sate their hunger.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    The most I can see happening is that she is neutral towards blood elves but still hostile towards other Horde races.

    As for managing any sort of magical addiction, I'd imagine that she'd handle it the same way every other high elf that is still around does, or found a new lightwell source. Who knows, perhaps she even found a cure for their addiction while she's been off doing whatever she's been doing.
    It would be best if she is portrayed that way, neutral to her poeple hostile to the rest. It would be really cheap if she just got over her addiction to be honest, heck most high elves sated their hunger through alternate sources and a few of them through sheer willpower, she should have struggled with it for some time, before she learned to handle it properly in my opinion.
    Last edited by Combatbulter; 2013-09-30 at 08:41 AM.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

  20. #300
    It's been years since they disappeared, and they've probably gone through quite a bit in that time. Couples don't always stay together. It's possible that during their adventures in the beyond they grew apart, or someone betrayed someone else, and we'll get a hero for each side. The expansion could be the story of their battle, and their reconciliation. All sorts of opportunities for drama.

    That would be nicely complex, although I know it would disappoint the people who want a simple romantic story. I like my romances more complex.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •