Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Wouldn't engineering give a larger benefit considering that 1/3rd of the time, if you use it on cd and with Alter time, you would get a 16 second duration instead of just a 10 second duration?

Quote Originally Posted by Whatt View Post
    Wouldn't engineering give a larger benefit considering that 1/3rd of the time, if you use it on cd and with Alter time, you would get a 16 second duration instead of just a 10 second duration?
    Yes, the same as tailoring..

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Yes, the same as tailoring..
    While this is technically true, engi tinker is on demand. You can always have it up with alter time if you chose, whereas the tailoring proc is not as reliable for that purpose. I think it's fair to say the benefit of engi tinker is slightly higher due to alter time.

Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    While this is technically true, engi tinker is on demand. You can always have it up with alter time if you chose, whereas the tailoring proc is not as reliable for that purpose. I think it's fair to say the benefit of engi tinker is slightly higher due to alter time.
    True, but you get the lightweave to match alter time timing at least once, and with luck 2-3 times, so benefit is still there, its just not promised as its with engineering..

If i see all this min/maxing, i almost feel noob that i only switched a prof once :P I have tailoring since start, cause it made me gear, gold on bags and a cheap legenchant
    And i got JC when it went live, still have it and never did i regret that decision, not only the decent JC only gem and too be mostly selfproviding, but damn, what a gold that prof made me..
    And i was almost always in the top of the dmg meters, still am, altho i don't really raid atm cause my guild is slowly dying, lfr doesn't feel like raiding xD every1 can top if you mostly can stand still and nuke xD

I prefer straight stats (Tailoring, Inscription, Enchant, JC), than ones like Mixology where you have to use flasks (currently expensive as hell) to get bonus

15+ Year Old Account
    I love having Alchemy.. even though I should have engineering or something...
    But at the amount of potions and flasks I go through, (alts.. pssh..) it's worth the "bonus" of say blacksmithing/enginnering)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    This guys gets the benefit of egineering, try it out once and i can tell you, you aint never taking it away. Not even for fire spec where you cancel the AT manually on-demand. This because you want the tinker for 3-5 pyros straight after eachother for them big numbers and while still being up for Combustion. Doing this flawless with trinket procs and weapon enchant, will give you a tad bigger internetpenis each time you get it correct.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The on demand proc of engineer is technically better than the tailoring random proc, simply because you control when you use it to line it up with other procs/buffs better.

That said... eh, my mage is a tailor/enchanter, because tailoring has a nice synergy for making a nice supply of dust without requiring another alt to supply mats, they both sounded very "mage-y" to me, and most importantly, none of my other characters had either so someone had to bite that bullet!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Numbnutt422 View Post
    Not even for fire spec where you cancel the AT manually on-demand.
    No.. don't ever do this unless you have to for mechanics..

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    No.. don't ever do this unless you have to for mechanics..
    Uhm, you need to cancel alter time as fire after getting your intial 2-3 instant pyro's off. I see no reason to start casting fireball instead and reduce the damage of your combustion by insane amounts just to receive 2-3 seconds of trinket uptime. This is what the fire guide sais aswell. Or are we all missing something?

15+ Year Old Account
    I think you're just missing something...
    Learn how ignite works, then learn how to use it with alter time correctly.

I think you're just missing something...
    Learn how ignite works, then learn how to use it with alter time correctly.
    Taken directly from the fire guide:
    - Hit the Macro - This will preemptively end your Alter Time countdown and reset you to: Pyroblast buff and PoM buff and then it will fire insta pyroblast 3, consuming Pyroblast buff.

If this information is incorrect then I suggest you share your new insights in the fire guide so others can benefit from it. Had a look at the top 3 ranked mages on most ToT fights and all of them seem to end their alter time before it expires. Also telling me to 'go learn' isn't really helpfull at all and adds nothing to the discussion.

15+ Year Old Account
    read more then just the first page of the fire "guide"..

but, ignite can only take 3? ignites at a time, so if you're sitting there trying to spam 6-7 pyros in a row, the odds of losing that ignite is far greater

Deleted
    read more then just the first page of the fire "guide"..

but, ignite can only take 3? ignites at a time, so if you're sitting there trying to spam 6-7 pyros in a row, the odds of losing that ignite is far greater
    True and false at same time, ods of getting 3 pyro crits in a row then hit combustion is still far greater if you have 6 pyros on-demand then just having the 3. Hence cancel AT wins out.
    As for learning how ignite works, i think i have that figured out considdering i constantly rank on world of logs without cheesing the fight. Can check my raidbots percentile just to give you an idea... Pending between 90-99th percentile constantly.
    raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/twisting%20nether/m%C3%B4r%C3%A2l/

And this is where you swing between 50-60th percentile. So whos the one that needs to learn how things work?
    raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/turalyon/spaace/

Quote Originally Posted by Numbnutt422 View Post
    Hence cancel AT wins out.
    1 Could argue, that with t15 and the increased crit levels, you do want to use every HS you get. I mean I got t15 4 set now, and well its pretty awesome in a way that you have to be really unlucky to not get huge pyro chains, sure its a risk to not cancel AT still, but with increasing crit levels, am finding myself just using every pyro I have and see my dps skyrocket.

My point is that cancelling AT with high crit levels is prolly a dps loss. At least with t15.

Deleted
    for a mage i will pick inscription und herbalism
    i like dis it is good by me

I created a icon with TMW which shows me the ICD of Lightweave Embroidery and set it to 60 sec ICD. But it procced very often with 5-8 sec. left. So I think the CD is not 60 sec....
    i think its about ~50sec.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am removing this thread from the sticky list to make room for the gear and fix my dps threads. After lots of months, this thread has helped many, but the discussion has been short and trivial. The thread will remain open in case anyone wants to add anything to it at a future point. We will also probably make a new thread like this for the next expansion.
    My magic will tear you apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, generally speaking this late into this expansion it is not so much a major topic anymore. I may consider doing this again for next expansion as well.
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein