With all the recent changes to professions, including the most recent change to Inscription where epic shoulder enchants are now scribe only it looks like it's time to take a look at each major profession and how they benefit the Mage. We've already had some very good discussions, let's keep it up.
If I am missing any information, or something is incorrect please post and I will fix it.
Looking for constructive discussion regarding:
- Static Vs. Dynamic Profession(s) Benefits
- Dynamic Profession Benefits (Proc chance / Overall Benefit)
Static Profession Benefits:
- Zen Alchemist Stone
- Double duration flasks
- Bonus to flask stats
Total Bonus: +320 Intellect (Flask - Mixology)Jewelcrafting:
- Serpent's Eye Gems (JC Only, Max 2 Socketed)
Total Bonus: +320 Chosen Stat (Assuming Identical Gems)
Dynamic Profession Benefits:
Good usage of the new Mage Spell, Alter Time can boost the benefit Mages can receive from the procs granted by the following Dynamic Professions. Using Alter Time 6 seconds prior to the end of a proc's duration can boost the duration of the proc a further 6 seconds.
Subsequent uses of Alter Time on the Tailoring/Engineering proc will likely result in a loss in DPS.
- Lightweight Retinal Armor
- Synapse Springs
- Proc effect (10s / 60s ICD)
- (Proc/icd)buff duration = average - lost stats = Total bonus
- (1920/60)10 = 320 Intellect
- On use effect at ~16.66% up-time
- Shared cooldown with On-Use Effects (Trinkets/Spells; ie PoM, Arcane Power)
Total Bonus: +320 IntellectTailoring:
- The Actual average increase from Tailoring will vary with the duration of the encounter and can be calculated with:
T - time of the fight
N - Number of procs you should expect in the time: T/64 (rounded down)
(2000 (15*N) / T) - 180
If you also want to take into account the use of Alter Time at the start of the fight:
(2000 (15*N + 6)/T) - 180
The above calculations are under the assumption of not having any haste buffs or procs while the Tailoring/Engineering proc is active.
Having haste buffs/procs during the proc would further increase its value.
- Lightweave Embroidery
- Proc effect (15s / 60s ICD)
- For the rough average of 1 proc, (Proc/icd)buff duration = average - lost stats = Total bonus
- (2000/60)15 = 500 - 180 = 320 Intellect
- (2000/64)15 = 468.75 - 180 = 288.75 Intellect (Taking into account ~25% proc chance)
Total Bonus: +288.75 Intellect to +320 Intellect (+468.75 to +500 based on above information, -180 Intellect that would have come from Enchant Cloak - Superior Intellect)
Faction Reputation Patterns/Recipes:
Golden Lotus (Honored):
- Tailoring - Pattern: Greater Cerulean Spellthread
- Tailoring - Pattern: Spelltwister's Gloves
- Tailoring - Pattern: Spelltwister's Grand Robe