Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ...
17
25
26
27
28
29
... LastLast
  1. #521
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    13,545
    Burning Legion is coming to Azeroth and we have to unite to save it. Maybe once the initial threat is pushed back, we'll head to ARgus or another bastion of the BL to kick some names and take some ass (wait . . . that doesn't sound right)

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  2. #522
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    About time people gave up on the idea, it would make a cool raid and not an expansion imo since in essence it would just be Azeroth 2.0 (or 3.0 because of Cata?). Not to mention a Legion expac is likely to bring a lot of people back, if I stopped playing I wouldn't hesitate to come back to Kil'Jaeden and demons stomping around on a new planet.
    Actually the Emerald Dream would look completely different to Azeroth seeing as it's Azeroth without the Sundering. The problem is that it would all look very homogenous and to allow us access to all of it Blizz would need to make a landmass about twice the size of the rest of the game put together. I don't see however why we can't go to parts of the Dream in an Old God's themed expansion, were we perhaps visit Nyalotha at last. World of Warcraft: City of Dreams.

  3. #523
    -Blizzard has actually made improvements and added new textures in the Emerald Dream in Cataclysm. See this
    (skip to 7:20)

    and




    for comparison.
    If Emerald Dream is same what is Azeorth now, This zone (what's done so far) isn't alike any aviable zone atm.
    (took videos from here)
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...know-about-WoW...

  4. #524
    Has everyone given up on the emerald dream? All i see is talk about burning legion

  5. #525
    Pit Lord Urti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Learnin' Braille, Readin' basketballs.
    Posts
    2,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Spodumene View Post
    Has everyone given up on the emerald dream? All i see is talk about burning legion
    If there is any justice in the universe, then yes.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

  6. #526
    Quote Originally Posted by Spodumene View Post
    Has everyone given up on the emerald dream? All i see is talk about burning legion
    Legion is the most popular choice for speculation, as Wrathion's questline in MoP hints at them making another attack on Azeroth.

    Emerald Dream forever, tho.

  7. #527
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Actually the Emerald Dream would look completely different to Azeroth seeing as it's Azeroth without the Sundering. The problem is that it would all look very homogenous and to allow us access to all of it Blizz would need to make a landmass about twice the size of the rest of the game put together. I don't see however why we can't go to parts of the Dream in an Old God's themed expansion, were we perhaps visit Nyalotha at last. World of Warcraft: City of Dreams.
    But honestly, how much can they change to make it look like a new continent, wouldn't think it would be as different as say going to Outland.

  8. #528
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    But honestly, how much can they change to make it look like a new continent, wouldn't think it would be as different as say going to Outland.
    Actually, a lot of the lore describes it as being a pretty weird place. Floating trees, stone giants big as mountains, and this stuff:

    http://www.wowpedia.org/File:Emeralddream.jpg?c=1

    It's a world of dreams. The laws of nature are just guidelines there. It'd be even more bizarre than Outland in some ways.

  9. #529
    Bloodsail Admiral melak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lordaeron
    Posts
    1,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Actually, a lot of the lore describes it as being a pretty weird place. Floating trees, stone giants big as mountains, and this stuff:

    http://www.wowpedia.org/File:Emeralddream.jpg?c=1

    It's a world of dreams. The laws of nature are just guidelines there. It'd be even more bizarre than Outland in some ways.
    Seeing all the hints for the legion i (along with many else i guess) find it more possible at the moment ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Runecapeman
    I try not to post anywhere anymore, due to fear of being infracted. Feels like there are too many mods that aren't screened well enough. "Dirty cops" if you will.

  10. #530
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,621
    Emerald Dream is at best a raid.

    It's story was mostly ended in Stormrage. Plus we have a history of destroying pristine lands. See: Karasang Wilds
    Unsubscribed 3/10/2014 - 8/14/2014.
    "Times change."

    Beware the claims of yearly expansions. It's not more hype more often, it's paying more for less. Fewer tiers, no more new levels, no more new races/classes, but an ever-increasing price tag....

  11. #531
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Actually, a lot of the lore describes it as being a pretty weird place. Floating trees, stone giants big as mountains, and this stuff:

    http://www.wowpedia.org/File:Emeralddream.jpg?c=1

    It's a world of dreams. The laws of nature are just guidelines there. It'd be even more bizarre than Outland in some ways.
    You just gave me an idea of an entire zone made up of a stone giant.

  12. #532
    Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    Seeing all the hints for the legion i (along with many else i guess) find it more possible at the moment ^^
    Yeah, I still like the Dream, but I agree that Legion seems more likely. Though who knows, maybe they'll wind up trying to invade the Dream - there's no place on Azeroth left to attack!

    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Emerald Dream is at best a raid.

    It's story was mostly ended in Stormrage. Plus we have a history of destroying pristine lands. See: Karasang Wilds
    Stormage reset the corruption of the Nightmare, but didn't destroy it. As of Cataclysm, the Nightmare has begun to spread through the Dream once again, reaching as far as the Barrens and Mount Hyjal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    You just gave me an idea of an entire zone made up of a stone giant.
    It could happen! See? It's the best place.

  13. #533
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Actually, a lot of the lore describes it as being a pretty weird place. Floating trees, stone giants big as mountains, and this stuff:

    http://www.wowpedia.org/File:Emeralddream.jpg?c=1

    It's a world of dreams. The laws of nature are just guidelines there. It'd be even more bizarre than Outland in some ways.

    Wow, I would love to have expansion with visuals like straight from the dream, it could be amazing.

  14. #534
    Hmmm what could it be after kungfu panda?

    Angry birds? Mickey mouse? Bunnies?

  15. #535
    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    Hmmm what could it be after kungfu panda?

    Angry birds? Mickey mouse? Bunnies?
    I would buy an expansion that has us invade the Magic Kingdom.

    Between Kingdom Hearts and Star Wars, I even think Disney would put up a decent fight.

  16. #536
    The Patient Leothas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Denmark, Ponyhagen
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    Hmmm what could it be after kungfu panda?

    Angry birds? Mickey mouse? Bunnies?
    Bunnies we already have alot of in MoP.. angry birds too... Great white ones in VoTFW were a bitch untill they nurfed their aggro range.

  17. #537
    Bloodsail Admiral melak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lordaeron
    Posts
    1,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I would buy an expansion that has us invade the Magic Kingdom.

    Between Kingdom Hearts and Star Wars, I even think Disney would put up a decent fight.
    Haha They sure do have a lot of characters to throw our way at the very least
    Quote Originally Posted by Runecapeman
    I try not to post anywhere anymore, due to fear of being infracted. Feels like there are too many mods that aren't screened well enough. "Dirty cops" if you will.

  18. #538
    Burning legion, Argus, Sargeras, Emerald Dream, Azshara...

    Any one is fine with me. Just waiting for the pandashit to be over. Looking forward to what comes next, so I can come back to the game.

  19. #539
    Well, Blizzcon is confirmed for 2013, 100%. I wonder if it'll be in the spring or fall, though. If in the spring, then we could expect more clues on the next expansion early next year I guess.
    "Good morning!" said Bilbo, and he meant it. The sun was shining, and the grass was very green. But Gandalf looked at him from under long bushy eyebrows that stuck out farther than the brim of his shady hat.

    Author of: Mount 2.0 (MMO-Champion Thread)
    Author of: World Enhancement Patch 1.0 (MMO-Champion Thread)

  20. #540
    I think it should have nagas and ogres.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •