Page 1 of 37
... LastLast
    Deleted

Expansion 5 - The Utimate Speculation Thread [INFO & RUMOURS]

World of Warcraft
    EXPANSION 5
    The Ultimate Speculation Thread

OVERVIEW
    Now is the perfect time to start the speculation and information gathering on World of Warcraft's fifth expansion.
    Whenever there is a rumour, a suspicious tweet, a bold statement or a breach of the NDA by an insider source, I will do my best to list it in this post. Join in and report everything you spot across the internet, and I will do my best to include it.
    Furthermore, I will keep our current theory up to date at the end of this post.

Note - this thread is open to discussion of all kinds relating to the next expansion(s) of WoW. Try to stay on topic, but do feel free to post anything on your mind to do with the upcoming expansion.

Twitter:

Facebook:

Fansites and forums:

Black Temple Scenario [Added on 12th Oct 2012]
    Like the post on MMO-Champion's front page suggests, there is a new scenario being implemented which takes us back to the Black Temple in Outland, famous lair of Illidan the demon hunter and various scumbags over the years. This further suggests that Blizzard is building up towards something, most likely involving the Burning Legion - or, though very unlikely at this point, a demon hunter class.

Live events:

Metzen at MoP Launch Q&A [Added on 26th Sep 2012]
    At 2:11:11 he responds to my tweet about Turalyon and Alleria, and says 'Uh, what can I say out loud? In terms of what's coming next, you're gonna need their help.'

Other:

Wrathion MoP Quest [Added on 10th Oct 2012]
    When you begin Wrathion's legendary quest line in Mists of Pandaria, he projects a vision of Azeroth being attacked by what looks like the falling infernals from Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos. He proceeds to inform us that the Alliance and Horde must stand united, soon, if they are to survive this new threat. He also emphasises how Azeroth is a small beacon of light in the universe full of darkness, and that our fragile home is to be invaded, which is an indicator that the threat is external. The only real external threat we know of is Sargeras and his Burning Legion.

Blizzplanet speculates on dialogue about Sargeras [Added on 28th Oct 2012] [Credit to Melak for link]
    Like Blizzplanet reports in a blog post, there is an NPC called Zoltan recently added in Felwood who has a few interesting things to say about Sargeras. Random cultists like these are not uncommon in Azeroth, all preaching about their masters and all the naughty things they would do. The fact that this guy was recently added in MoP may give him extra credibility, however. Excerpts below:
    'Are you ready to accept the Master’s gift? Will you be blessed by his loving wrath, or consumed by it like all of the others?'
    'Demons are the future of this world. The sooner you embrace that, the sooner you join the winning team.'
    'Sargeras will live once more!'
    'All of you must work to aid the great revival of our Master. Only through Him may we usher in eternal peace for all!'

CURRENT SITUATION
    It's just after the release of Mists of Pandaria, and the rumour season has just begun. So far, our clues (as found above) seem to indicate that the next expansion will revolve around the Burning Legion, which sought to destroy Azeroth in Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos.

However, we are yet to deal with Queen Azshara and her naga, so it is too early to say whether the expansion will be all about the Legion. It could just as well be about the naga, building up towards a Legion expansion later on. Or it could be both.

LET THE SPECULATION BEGIN!
    Last edited by mmocf747bdc2eb; 2012-10-28 at 12:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like we won't go to Argus or Outland again until Azshara and N'zoth are dealt with.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    Doomlord Kazzak will return as a world boss as a Herald for the Burning Legion. It's likely he'll have new moves, possibly stuff that does not target lower level characters.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure Metzen said Sargeras would be addressed in #5 too, and that we'd need "Alleria and Turalyon's help" to fight him.

Well him or their help against the Legion in general; I can't recall.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-09-25 at 01:57 PM.

Deleted
    Slightly early don't you think for one of these threads :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Pretty sure Metzen said Sargeras would be addressed in #5 too, and that we'd need "Alleria and Turalyon's help" to fight him.

Well him or their help against the Legion in general; I can't recall.
    Didn't he say that Sargeras would be involved but later on? I seem to recall reading some quote about it from the other night, will see if I can find it.

---------- Post added 2012-09-25 at 02:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tedsterz View Post
    Slightly early don't you think for one of these threads :P
    Au contraire. Speculation arises all the time. Now we have one place to accumulate all the info and rumours.

The son of Deathwing will seek revenge for the death of his father empowered by the helm Arathis had in ICC while being rode by an insane Pandarian monk. It will be an epic battle that starts in AQ40 and ends high in the mountains of Hajal.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My interpertation (is long):

Alright we know the Legion is coming. Velen's foreseen it, Wrathion's foreseen it, Metzen's confirmed we will be finding Turalyon and Alleria, one Monk trainer remarks "I'd rather be a Demon Hunter," the devs want to bring back Kazzak.

But we also know Azshara is up to no good. Metzen's confirmed that as well, she's been heavily involved in Cata, Saurok and Jinyu are easy NPC (and in one case, race) choices for an Azshara expansion.

So hear me out on this.

What if Azshara and the Legion share an expansion. Azshara's already had historical ties to the Legion, and perhaps whatever her evil scheme is actually is attracting the Legion to Azeroth faster than they would normally. We'd see the expansion start with Azshara as solo villain, then in a later patch we see the Legion arrive under the command of Kazzak (or Kruul). Then after we've stopped Azshara and beaten back the Legion invasion, we have the expansion where we go out into the nether to ensure the Legion cannot invade again.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    My question is, will we be exploring more undiscovered regions of Outland, or traveling to new worlds?

I imagine those portals in Outland will be put to use if it's the latter - each portal could lead to a new zone that is located on a different world. Ones totally dominated by the Legion, ones that still resist the Legion, etc.

Of course, the Legion could also somehow assault Azeroth directly again - they failed twice before against the Alliance and the Horde, so a third all out assault would be for all the marbles. I don't know how it would open up new territories for us to explore starting on Azeroth however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    *hopes and prays for an expansion that takes us to Argus*
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

id be willing to bet money the next expac is the burning legion, we see the return of illidan and a demon hunter hero class
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Playable Ogres next Horde Race.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    id be willing to bet money the next expac is the burning legion, we see the return of illidan and a demon hunter hero class
    How exactly are they going to pull off a demon hunter hero class now? the monk took the agi leather spot.. and leather is the only armor that makes sense for Demon hunters to use, unless they up them to mail armor? which is the only thing they can do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gief this but DH alliance only, and Blademasters for horde.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

I hope Queen Azshara gets an expansion focused around her, and is that expansion's final boss. We need to a female main villain for a change. I do not want to resolve the problem with Azshara, N'Zoth, Ozumat and Neptulon in a single content patch. It would not make sense to fight them AFTER we have defeated Sargeras.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd like for it to be the Burning Legion continuation/conclusion. Depending on how this expansion ends "omg ally and horde holding hands to defeat a greater threat" or not, I think it might be "South Seas" and then Burning Legion for the last expansion. I'll come back for the Burning Legion no doubt, my favorite thing from Blizzard.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You just opened a can of worms, as we've already seen.

First of all, I have serious doubts about Blizz releasing two new classes in a row and not messing it up somehow. Then you get people asking for two new classes in one expansion.

It's because of the whole "two classes in a row" concern that I don't say we go into space next. Because there is no way Blizz would pass up Ethereal/Demon Hunter and no way they'd do two classes in a row.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Although I don't really want an expansion 5 right now because I am busy enjoying this one, burning legion does seem very possible and my next guess with some of the foreshadows they have given. However if it's not burning legion I bet it will be South Seas which also sounds like it would be extremely fun with lots of potentially cool features.

Quote Originally Posted by Minxyqt View Post
    Gief this but DH alliance only, and Blademasters for horde.
    That'd be cool but I think demon hunters for both works out perfectly. I just hope that if they DO add a demon hunter class it will be exclusive to blood elves and night elves.

Also someone else said it but the next class HAS to use mail armor. Demon hunter might not fit that so well.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    That'd be cool but I think demon hunters for both works out perfectly. I just hope that if they DO add a demon hunter class it will be exclusive to blood elves and night elves.

Also someone else said it but the next class HAS to use mail armor. Demon hunter might not fit that so well.
    Alliance seem to have more history with it, having had Night Elf Demon Hunters for several thousand years, and as I recall the Blood Elf Demon Hunters who travelled to outland were alligned with Illidan and were probably killed.

That, and the fact that we don't need leather armor, and Blademaster could easily use mail. (sort of a, pole-arm/sword based melee class, using strength and agility)
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.