Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    Hope New expansion will bring Night elves in front lines !!! They need to be more independent. Today when I look at Night elves im quite disappointed how downwards they went. Became puppets to humans.
    I tend to agree with this. It's a shame there are so many races that compete for attention in lore, because they couldn't possibly cover all of them in each expansion.
    Usually, the ones left out of the main plots are reduced to being NPC guards at various new outposts.

But anyhow, I'd love to see the pre-WoW races get some more attention in the next expansion.

I decided to do some questing in southern barrens for the meta achieve an came across a questline speaking about the emerald dream having some type of gateway or entrance somewhere in northern barrens (might not be correct its late an its a sat. nite for me lol) my speculation is that garrosh has found some type of way to this which will lead us to the next expansion being the emerald dream it will end with the burning legion

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Expansion 5 is going to be a game changer. By all rights, this next expansion will be the expansion in which the 10th anniversary is celebrated, and while I think there's no doubt that it will be released prior to that anniversary (November 2014), I think the fact that it will be the '10th anniversary Expansion' will be played up, and that there will be a bit more 'oomph' for this expansion than there has been since WotLK (which, no matter how it was received, was probably the overall most anticipated expansion to date due to the popularity of Arthas/TLK)

So, I expect something big - comparable to the inclusion of the Lich King - to pop up in the next expansion. These bells and whistles won't just be for the anniversary, however - they'll also try inject new life into the game (which is far from dead, regardless of what anyone says, but it slowly diminishing in population). This considered, here are my (completely wild) guesses as to details on the next expansion:

Demon Hunters as a Playable Class - This is unlikely, and many would consider it ill-advised (coming so soon after another new class), but I think it's coming (If not in Expansion 5, then eventually). Demon Hunter is likely the single most desired 'hero' class and its inclusion alone would draw in many new players and many 'retired' vets. I can see Demon Hunter being implemented in two ways. First, as a Hero Class that starts at 85 or so, and is treated much like DKs were. Second, as a potential "Heroic Specialization" (read: 4th spec) for rogues. I won't go in to how I think 4th specs could be introduced, as that would take far too long, but suffice it to say I think it could be done quite well.

Illidan's Redemption - Haters gonna hate, but mark my word - this is coming. Blizz already practically confirmed Illidan's return at Blizzcon 2011 when it was said (direct quote) "It's likely we will bring Illidan back". Illidan is one of the most popular characters of all time, and his re-appearance (if treated correctly) would thrill many fans. It would also go hand-in-hand with the inclusion of the Demon Hunter class. I say Illidan's redemption, because I don't think we'll see him as an enemy. Even in Outland, he wasn't super villainous, and it can be argued that he had the best of intentions starting out. This is all the more likely considered the continued development we've seen of Illidan's character (Illidan appeared in both WotLK and Cataclysm, and while he doesn't directly appear in MoP yet, his motivations are made cleared through the new Warlock quest line.)

The Emerald Dream - Originally rumored to be an endgame patch for vanilla, The Emerald Dream has been the source of fan speculation for nearly a decade. Though much of the Nightmare story was dealt with in the novel "Stormrage", there is still a great deal unknown about the Emerald Dream. I think the Emerald Dream provides several opportunities for furthering the story in WoW at this point. First of all, I think it can help facilitate Illidan's 'redemption' - with the help of Malfurion, Illidan's spirit can become the guardian of the dream (replacing Ysera, who like all the former dragon aspects, has dwindled in power.).

The Emerald Dream also provides opportunities to further the story of The Old Gods and the Titans. The Dream is a blueprint of a pure Azeroth created by the Titans. I speculate that it is a 'failsafe', a means for the Titans to affect 're-origination'. Furthermore, I expect the Titans will actually be enemies for a brief period. With so many noteworthy things happening (Algalon, Uldum, Deathwing, Ra-Den), Azeroth is on the Pantheon's mind, and re-origination is already established as their 'solution'. This of course would be something that we, the players, don't want, which would pit us against them. And then there are the Old Gods - the corrupting influence that created the Nightmare. If the Dream is a blueprint for re-origination, it's likely the Old Gods' corruption would need to be dealt with first

The Caverns of Time - Always a fan favorite, I think the Caverns of Time will play a vital role in the next expansion. The Timewalkers are a faction introduced in the WoW card game. They are a group of mortals who have taken it upon themselves to preserve the work of the now diminished Brzone dragonflight - guarding the timeways. While Cataclysm brought a fairly anti-climactic 'end' to the Infinite Dragonflight's story, that timeline has now ceased to exist (as Deathwing was killed before it could ever occur). This means that the Infinite Dragonflight could still be out there - even considering Nozdorumu's diminished power (in fact, this could be key to his downfall). Through new CoT instances, more foreshadowing can be presented for future stories, allowing stories that aren't directly addressed in expansion 5 to remain active. [Personal Note - how cool would it be to do an instance where members of the Timewalkers come to the present to prevent the Infinite Dragonflight from meddling there? Kind of a role reversal]

But what about the Burning Legion? It's undeniable that Wrathion's quests appear to point towards the next conflict with Sargeras' Burning Legion, as well as Velen's prophesied Grand Army of the Light (led by Anduin). However I don't think it will immediately follow MoP for many reasons. First, the Alliance and Horde will need some time to simmer down after MoP. I doubt they'll be in a position to immediately join forces so soon. Second, there is still a lot of character development that can be done, especially with Anduin. Finally, I think they'll save a Burning Legion expansion for awhile, keep it in their pocket for when they really need to revitalize the game even more so than I'm suggesting here.

As far as mechanics go, I have one big expectation. All content up to WotLK will become free to play. F2P is the new normal for MMOs, and WoW will have to try and compete at some point. I think they'll test the waters by expanding the current 1-20 free to play into something much more broad.
    The warlock questline has nothing to do with illidan

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by justinmccray111 View Post
    Strangely enough. It was a great opportunity to re-introduce him before the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Strangely enough. It was a great opportunity to re-introduce him before the next expansion.
    Illidan isn't Warlock.
    He can be introduced with Demon Hunter class. IMHO it's better way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Who says that he will be?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Illidan isn't Warlock.
    He can be introduced with Demon Hunter class. IMHO it's better way.
    I meant lore-wise. It would be a great opportunity to design the quest around him instead, and have it result in a foreshadowing event leading up to a new school of demon hunters in EXP 5, lead by Illidan.

Quote Originally Posted by justinmccray111 View Post
    Are you a warlock? And if you are and you did the quest, did u not read the book or the quest texts? The Black Harvest split into 3 groups to search for the most powerful devices they could find. Kanrethad and the Undead lock went to the Black Temple specifically to learn Illidan's secret in controling demon's. He wanted to learn it for himself just so he could become OP, however his plan backfired when we (locks) killed him.

The following is a speculation I made a while ago on the official forums. I know it is far-fetched, for sure, but this is just speculation after all.

I was talking to a friend today about the next expansion and what the story could be like. At this point we can be relatively sure that it will emphasize the burning legion. But that is about all we have at this point, apart from some very small hints about Illidan (Lock green fire quest when they talk about demons that remain that were in service to him even after his "death").

Something we were discussing was the possibility of a new class. Before you go and say that a new class is impossible, know that in a blue post (unfortunately I can't find it) they did say that, regarding the old idea of new-race-expansion then new-class-expansion, they are not necessarily going to follow a set pattern, but rather add new races/classes as they see fit.

The Monk class, IMO, was integrated into the game MUCH smoother than the DK. Blizzard learned a lot from the craziness that was the early wrath DK, and that is very apparent with the Monk class. There were no radical changes once the class when live (changing available specs for one example) and overall I never felt that whole "oh god its ANOTHER dk" feeling with monks.

That being said, I think that the next expansion could be a perfect time to add another class to the game, and that class could be the Demon Hunter that fans have been asking for for years.

How would this class be introduced though? How about by the first and most skilled Demon Hunter to ever exist? Illidan. They have outright asked if we wanted him brought back and the response was overwhelmingly positive. Blizzard would be crazy not to capitalize on that excitement. Illidan, having recovered from the events at the Black Temple (his recovery somehow being because of the last vial from the Well of Eternity) realizes that regardless of his past he has to do everything in his power to stop the approaching Legion from destroying Azeroth. So there is the motive, and I'm sure I'm not the first one to think of that.

As far as the class goes, I think there is a good chance it could be a Melee DPS/Range DPS/Tank class, and here is why.

Melee DPS: Illidan is a master of close combat as a demon hunter. This spec (Slayer maybe?) could be based off of some of his abilities from the RTS as well as Black Temple. It would likely be a lightly armored class that uses two weapons and attacks quickly, like Illidan. Not a huge stretch here. He could be the one that "teaches" Demon Hunters this spec.

Range DPS: Alleria is a very skilled marksman. Having found Illidan and learing of the imminent Legion threat, she teams up with him to do everything in her power to stop the Legion from spilling into Azeroth. Along the way she not only hones her skills as a ranger but also learns some Demon Hunting skills from Illidan. Combining ranged combat and a Demon Hunter's magic she becomes the first ranged Demon Hunter (Assassin?).

Tank: Turalyon, a former paladin, and accompanying Alleria and Illidan, is also assisting in their resistance to the Legion. Finding that not even his might as a paladin is enough, he learns that through balancing the Light and the Darkness he can become an immovable bastion of protection from demons. He combines some of the shadow magic of Illidan with what he knows of the Holy Light, weaving the two together to become the first Demon Hunter tank (Reaver?).

That is just my two cents on what direction Blizzard could possibly take with the story and new class in the next expansion, if there even is one. What do you guys think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Incrypted View Post
    Melee DPS: Illidan is a master of close combat as a demon hunter. This spec (Slayer maybe?) could be based off of some of his abilities from the RTS as well as Black Temple. It would likely be a lightly armored class that uses two weapons and attacks quickly, like Illidan. Not a huge stretch here. He could be the one that "teaches" Demon Hunters this spec.

Range DPS: Alleria is a very skilled marksman. Having found Illidan and learing of the imminent Legion threat, she teams up with him to do everything in her power to stop the Legion from spilling into Azeroth. Along the way she not only hones her skills as a ranger but also learns some Demon Hunting skills from Illidan. Combining ranged combat and a Demon Hunter's magic she becomes the first ranged Demon Hunter (Assassin?).

Tank: Turalyon, a former paladin, and accompanying Alleria and Illidan, is also assisting in their resistance to the Legion. Finding that not even his might as a paladin is enough, he learns that through balancing the Light and the Darkness he can become an immovable bastion of protection from demons. He combines some of the shadow magic of Illidan with what he knows of the Holy Light, weaving the two together to become the first Demon Hunter tank (Reaver?).

That is just my two cents on what direction Blizzard could possibly take with the story and new class in the next expansion, if there even is one. What do you guys think?
    Alleria and Turalyon teaming up with Illidian? No way, this is too much for me. Especially not just mixing a class with throwing these characters together.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did we really revive this thread to argue about Illidan?

He's a demon (blizz has confirmed this), I think that means there's a high chance he's not fully dead.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Mooindathor View Post
    The Wrathion quest line tells you all you need to know. The Burning Legion is coming and he needs the Horde and the Alliance to stop fighting each other to prepare for the greatest threat known to man.
    The greatest threat to man is and always shall be the Old Gods... It has been said time and time again that if the Old Gods ever got free Sargeras himself would be begging for death the Legion couldn't even hope to hold a candle to the Old Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by steinmetz View Post
    The greatest threat to man is and always shall be the Old Gods... It has been said time and time again that if the Old Gods ever got free Sargeras himself would be begging for death the Legion couldn't even hope to hold a candle to the Old Gods.
    Citation needed. I've seen it said by fans and their followers(which aren't exactly... reliable), but not so much by Blizzard.

It has always been The Legion since the dawn of Warcraft. Don't use Krasus's words as fact because he also said that 5 aspects combined would be able to take on old god too and we all know aspects are like flies against Sargeras. The Pantheon defeated Old Gods on Azeroth even without Sargeras who was their greatest champion. Sargeras would beg for death? His brothers didn't even bother to do that why Sargeras would?

10+ Year Old Account
    That is speculation by Krasus, not confirmed lore. If you think about it logically, the Old Gods honestly couldn't do anything against Sargeras. I think he'd slaughter them all. The Old Gods rely on minions and mind control/corruption to do anything which took thousand of years with DEATHWING. If Sargeras came to Azeroth, the Old Gods would have moments to corrupt him before he set them free, not going to work.
    Sargeras is just as cunning and capable of manipulating just as much as they are, apart from the fact he is physically a million times stronger. He can fight in meele and can fight at range, the Old Gods are going to tickle him to death with their tentacles?

When Archi and KJ came to Azeroth (KJ only partially), it was in huge danger and all of the life on the planet was under threat. Now imagine what Sargeras could do since those two are described as "fleas" in comparison. They can all alter their size, also, so Sargeras could make himself even more colossal, the only description of him is "huge beyond comprehension".