Thread: cartel buffs?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

cartel buffs?

hey guys, i usually go to the official forums, but wanted to ask a question before i resub.

I've been out for a while, is it true with new cartel system they will have a buff to buy every month and without it u cant be good in pvp?
    I also hear the buffs are like 800 coins each which is why they giving us so many coins for all the time we played.
    And to keep up, us subbed members will still have to buy more coins along with our sub each month.

Think that kinda sucks because you would think if we are paying for sub, they are just sucking more money from us :S

Hopefully they wont do this for long, i really don't like "buff wars" :/

o.O No one knows what exactly will be for sale in the cash shop because they haven't released the information. All that you have heard are rumors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    o.O No one knows what exactly will be for sale in the cash shop because they haven't released the information. All that you have heard are rumors.
    What the OP is talking about is false yeah, but they have mentioned putting XP buffs and the like into the F2P shop.

thanks

yeah hopefully the xp buff will be like gw2 where its just a small boost thats not really needed.

---------- Post added 2012-09-25 at 02:42 PM ----------

just resubbed - wow im looking at the server list, and there's like 8 servers left :O

kinda depressing

how hard do you think getting HK will be? i got lvl 50s on both sides, but i hope its not some super hard quest or a group activity thats hard to form a group for.
    Last edited by Mezrix; 2012-09-25 at 02:47 PM.

Yea they merged a lot of the servers up to form super servers, which actually is better since it means easier grouping and there are always people around.

They said previously that the HK questline is going to be pretty long and difficult because they want to make it feel really epic when you get him. They did say that after you get him on one toon it will be much easier to get him on your other toons, which is nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea they merged a lot of the servers up to form super servers, which actually is better since it means easier grouping and there are always people around.

They said previously that the HK questline is going to be pretty long and difficult because they want to make it feel really epic when you get him. They did say that after you get him on one toon it will be much easier to get him on your other toons, which is nice.
    If it ever gets released.. and judging from the recent Q&As they did, it could be long way away

10+ Year Old Account

just resubbed - wow im looking at the server list, and there's like 8 servers left :O

kinda depressing
    You have to keep in mind that the remaining servers had their tech upgraded to now be labeled 'super servers'. Instead of the population being spread out through many different servers- everyone is on 8 servers, which makes the game feel incredibly alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    You have to keep in mind that the remaining servers had their tech upgraded to now be labeled 'super servers'. Instead of the population being spread out through many different servers- everyone is on 8 servers, which makes the game feel incredibly alive.
    At least on my server there are 2-3 instances of each zone at minimum.

HK was supposed to be a "legacy" companion.. you unlock it once and it's done for every other char. You need however higher lvl chars on both sides to complete tye questline?!

this buff thing was in another game, Allods I think but I am not sure. As far as the plans are right now, SWTOR will not have anything in the cartel store that will influence the endgame balance. vanity stuff, some leveling gear and you'll probably be able to buy some of the legacy unlocks.
    Last edited by moff; 2012-09-26 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    HK was supposed to be a "legacy" companion.. you unlock it once and it's done for every other char. You need however higher lvl chars on both sides to complete tye questline?!
    I never saw that he was supposed to be a "legacy" companion, just that, like the other dude said, once he was unlocked on 1 toon it was much easier to unlock him on other toons. And also, based on what I read, you'll need 1 max level on one faction, and one mid-level on the other faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I never saw that he was supposed to be a "legacy" companion, just that, like the other dude said, once he was unlocked on 1 toon it was much easier to unlock him on other toons. And also, based on what I read, you'll need 1 max level on one faction, and one mid-level on the other faction.
    from E3 by DE

“HK-51 is actually part of the Legacy system. He is a very hard companion to get, and there is an incredible amount of work that you’ll have to do. I will say right now that if you do not have people on both sides of the war, you probably need to go roll somebody on the other side.”

UGH...this is probably going to kill the game for me

HK-51 — you talked about how he’s coming with new missions, etc. and you’re basically unlocking him?

HK-51 is actually part of the Legacy system. He is a very hard companion to get, and there is an incredible amount of work that you’ll have to do. I will say right now that if you do not have people on both sides of the war, you probably need to go roll somebody on the other side. There is great, great new types of gameplay, new types of quests. There is a whole section of it that’s old school adventure gamey survival horror where you’re really not doing combat stuff; you’re following puzzles and solving stuff instead. Makeb has a lot of the same experimentation. We developed so many new tools and new tech that we can do so much more with our quests now than we could before. We were chasing tech for so long that now the designers really just get to go in and be crazy creative.
    i hate puzzles and i hate when games are hard...thats the reason i liked swtor because its more about fun rather than struggling, life is hard enough as it is!

they said 1.4 will make swtor easier, but looks like i wont be able to play anymore

Never judge before it's out... and if swtor is too hard for you, mmo's are probably not for you. No offense intended

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post

No, they never said that once you unlock it for one charterer every other character you have will get him. What they did say was that once you unlock him it will be much easier to get him on your other toons. That is still part of the legacy system.

As for the both faction toons too get him, I the most specific I think they have gotten so far is something along the lines of you will need fairly strong chops on both sides to obtain him. No one is really sure what exactly that means though.

Though in the interview with Daniel Erickson he doesn't mention anything about it, he simply says that he is a part of the legacy system which is currently.... unlocks for one character or unlocks for your account. I can't really imagine Bioware putting two quests in there for this. One in which you need high lvl characters on both sides and another in which you go to npc X on planet y and "claim" your companion.

Quote Originally Posted by zentost View Post
    UGH...this is probably going to kill the game for me

i hate puzzles and i hate when games are hard...thats the reason i liked swtor because its more about fun rather than struggling, life is hard enough as it is!

they said 1.4 will make swtor easier, but looks like i wont be able to play anymore
    How, exactly, is the game hard now?

What they did say was that once you unlock him it will be much easier to get him on your other toons. That is still part of the legacy system.
    Can I get a quote of that please? All I've seen is the statement linked above, which leads me to believe he's a Legacy Unlock. Which generally means unlock for all characters in the Legacy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kind of leaning towards the Legacy unlock. Having to get him on every character would be a pain, especially if it would require ANOTHER high level of the opposite faction.

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/s...aniel-erickson

It has to, right? So how you get him, the quest to get him, his dialogue, when he’s with you… all of that is obviously very different if you just decided that you have an assassin droid as a Jedi Knight, which I will say is a bit startling to him, versus getting it as a Sith Warrior. So yeah, there are completely different forks because it is a 100% developed companion character. You’re going to need some really high level stuff to actually be able to unlock him because of how complicated his quest is. But after that, he is a Legacy unlock so you can then go and get him much earlier with other characters.
    Take it for what you will. But if they hold true to what he's saying, I'm thinking there's likely a character level requirement to unlock him after initially getting him.