Thread: Pet Battles

Question Pet Battles

Out of all of the additions with MoP, Pet Battles are by far my most favorite.
    But there are a few things lacking from it; But that's not what this post is about.

Is there any list of known RARE pets and an idea of the location of these?

Or does anyone know if there is one in the works? I've written down locations and names of some pets that are uncommon + and where I found them. Wouldn't mind helping out.

Mainly curious because I'd like to hunt down all the rare pets first before the uncommon, common and crap.

Deleted
    Check Wowhead they have a complete list with pets and map with all locations!

all pets catchable via pet battles can be rares.

Quote Originally Posted by Reezy View Post
    Check Wowhead they have a complete list with pets and map with all locations!
    OOOO, Thank You. Didn't know about this.

Here's the link for those who are also interested.
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=206717/n...l-pet-database

---------- Post added 2012-09-25 at 02:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bires View Post
    all pets catchable via pet battles can be rares.
    What you mean?
    Like they have a small chance of being a rare when you catch them?

yeah actually you can determine rarity by looking at stats before catching them.

What should I be looking for stat wise that would hint they would be a rare?

rare pets have superior stats. As you will see many pets of same type when you hunt for rares, you will just see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am curios but is there a cap on pets?
    I got like 600 minipets (duplicates and 5x) and i am unable to tame (cage) starting pets?
    Do they share the same spot as learneable minipets?
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    I got like 600 minipets (duplicates and 5x) and i am unable to tame (cage) starting pets?
    I think it's 500

Deleted
    Why would you need multiple of the same unique pets? Just release them.

Somewhat related question. I remember reading something here about race-specific starter pets you could get from npcs. Was that a beta-only thing for testing purposes, or are these pet-givers still in there somewhere?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    Multiple chars= shitload of pets--dont ask

Multiple chars= shitload of pets--dont ask
    Just go through your list once you are able to cage them and sell them off, chances are you have some pretty valuable pets in duplicate so you will make a pretty penny.

Our GM has like ~700 pets and most are duplicates and she has a ton of rare ones, if she watches the pricing close enough she could make a ton of gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    warcraftpets.com just did a site redesign for MoP and are working on building a complete database (they have already added 260+ pets) as well as tools that will help predict pet stats as they level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    Just go through your list once you are able to cage them and sell them off, chances are you have some pretty valuable pets in duplicate so you will make a pretty penny.

Our GM has like ~700 pets and most are duplicates and she has a ton of rare ones, if she watches the pricing close enough she could make a ton of gold.

Hm had like 600 pets-- 450 were usles duplicates and araund 20 were good for a sale. So not so bad for a 1h of pet deleting. Made some cash.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    You can heal your menagerie once per 8 minutes, so if you're fighting high level wild pets, or master pet tamers or something, and your first team is very injured, but you'd still like to fight wild pets right now, it's good to have a secondary team. That's why you'd want several of the same unique pets, even though you can only have one of them in a team.

I think you begin PvP battles with full health, not sure though.