Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Moomurr View Post
    I assume when you say "so that I won't ever get out of practice" you mean keep your mods up to date?
    Actually I have to use archived mods for 1.12, 3.3, and 4.0

So, no
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    I played panda world for like 2 hours @ release last night. Loved it.

Played WvW in GW2 for about 4 hours solid last night, waiting for Panda release. Loved it.

Im liking both games. They are different. So I can stomach both. easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    The elite areas in Aion were pretty clearly marked. The only time died in that game was by other players who were rifting, before they nerfed all of that to hell.
    I don't remember them being marked, but it's been so long since I've played it, I'll just defer to your knowledge. Maybe I just died thinking I could solo it, and wasn't able to, or something. At any rate, Aion is still the only game I remember going "wtf" at the leveling

---------- Post added 2012-09-25 at 12:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I played panda world for like 2 hours @ release last night. Loved it.

Played WvW in GW2 for about 4 hours solid last night, waiting for Panda release. Loved it.

Im liking both games. They are different. So I can stomach both. easily.
    I'm just curious

What did you do in WvW for 4 hours, that kept you entertained?
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while

WoWs combat was already to slow for me 2 years ago when I left the game for good and haven't played sense. TO much RNG for its combat and very boring story (my opinion) which has gone to to shit over the years.Guild War 2 has offered me a active combat system that I love and I do not look back at buying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    I'm just curious

What did you do in WvW for 4 hours, that kept you entertained?
    Probably WvWed. It's quite fun.

I don't remember them being marked, but it's been so long since I've played it, I'll just defer to your knowledge. Maybe I just died thinking I could solo it, and wasn't able to, or something. At any rate, Aion is still the only game I remember going "wtf" at the leveling
    Well I mean it was pretty obvious the areas were for groups. I suppose I can see people wandering without noticing. I used to solo some of them on my ranger, took a while but it was doable.

Only game I remember dying a lot was on my assassin in Age of Conan. Especially in Khitai (kara korum and the environmental debuffs, ugh).

I like the style of WoW over GW2 even with its older engine.

I want to love GW2 because it is the superior game in many formats, especially PvP, but the bugs, WvW queues and lag really show how rushed out the door it was.

I fear even if AN do fix these issues (which they seem in no hurry to do so), they are going to lose a big chunk of their player back to games like WoW due to how little they actually resolved in the first month and the poor impression that would leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    I fear even if AN do fix these issues (which they seem in no hurry to do so), they are going to lose a big chunk of their player back to games like WoW due to how little they actually resolved in the first month and the poor impression that would leave.
    I don't think that is such an issue with GW2 due to the payment model.

Quote Originally Posted by warlocx View Post
    I like the style of WoW over GW2 even with its older engine.
    I think WoW looks a million times better than GW2, I've always liked the Warcraft art style, and never cared too much for the trying to be realistic Asian looking games' art styles, but that's really a subjective opinion

Objectively, Guild Wars 2 has better graphics

I was going to make a post like this, so I'm glad this one is already going. I tried asking in chat if anyone else was having trouble adjusting back to WoW after GW2, but no one responded. I kept trying to hit "f" to loot things or "r" to run. I wanted to double tap dodge when running lol. I even found myself listening to more NPC dialogue because I was expecting it to go somewhere. I chased after an NPC, but it didn't take me to a new quest I didn't hate the xpac though; I really liked the zone and the Asian setting. I like both games, and I wish there was a way to combine them. I really like GW2's version of "questing" and rewarding exploration. I'll be trying out WoW for awhile and then probably come back to GW2 for a little too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    You can die out in the world in GW2? That's news. (Hint: MMO's are usually designed to be trivial in most areas, it's not unique to WoW.)
    Absolutely you can. If you aren't dying, you're either never facing mobs higher than your level, or pulling 1 at a time, or simply hiding in DE zergs to get your experience.

This is true in most MMO's, and it's certainly true here. There's no level gating for quest availability here.. move into the next zone a few levels early and have at it.

I had the same graphical problems with WoW after playing SWTOR for a couple months.

After eight years, the graphics on a game will be outdated even with four expansion packs.

The thing I found hardest to adapt to again, was not being able to press F to loot/interact/mine. Also, dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Absolutely you can. If you aren't dying, you're either never facing mobs higher than your level, or pulling 1 at a time, or simply hiding in DE zergs to get your experience.

This is true in most MMO's, and it's certainly true here. There's no level gating for quest availability here.. move into the next zone a few levels early and have at it.
    Maybe it depends on which Class you play, but as far as Warriors and Rangers go, you can pull like 5 mobs that are all higher level than you, and still never die, as long as you run around in circles

Quote Originally Posted by zeelic View Post
    WoWs combat was already to slow for me 2 years ago when I left the game for good and haven't played sense. TO much RNG for its combat and very boring story (my opinion) which has gone to to shit over the years.Guild War 2 has offered me a active combat system that I love and I do not look back at buying it.
    Sorry, but here are many pro and cons that are comprehensible, but to call gw2 combat faster is way off. o_0 When you call that you can move, have to move on the fly - its the same in wow. When you talk about GCD's, they are even faster in wow. When you talk about that, the most time in gw2 you have to idle autohit afk, either because it would be stupid to waste combo finisher in a good grp without existing combo field or because other abilities do less damage - I really cant understand you.
    When you come from wow to gw2 I would understand a complain about the flat cmobat system, but never about rng, procs or something else.

GW2 combat system have its position and good arguments, but only in its own world and never in view of the fact of speed or complexity.

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Actually I was running around in Iron Reaches last night at level 50 pulling 2 or more level 57 mobs at a time and not taking a single hit while meleeing them down. Lets not pretend like leveling content is any less trivial in one game than the next, especially when you can effectively have 100% avoidance by just using your movement keys.
    For those of us able to do this, it will seem like an easy game. I enjoy that part as it is dependent on your skill and not a dice roll. Tera is an even easier game due to this kind of mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    For those of us able to do this, it will seem like an easy game. I enjoy that part as it is dependent on your skill and not a dice roll. Tera is an even easier game due to this kind of mechanic.
    Lol?

The skillcap is so low, that it isn't really "dependent on your skill". All you have to do is run in circles

10+ Year Old Account
    I think WoW looks a million times better than GW2, I've always liked the Warcraft art style, and never cared too much for the trying to be realistic Asian looking games' art styles, but that's really a subjective opinion

Objectively, Guild Wars 2 has better graphics
    This. I think GW2 is smooth on max settings but the Art style of WoW is simply wonderful and so easy to jump in and play and feel like at home. Of course this is simple opinion.

I played GW2 during beta and hated it, that said I had around 15FPS and most likely will try the game out when and if I get a new system by end of this or next year.
    -K

While I know it's not your intention, this is basically a game vs. game thread. Going to close this down since conversations about game X vs. game Y rarely end well.