Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    This. I know rift didn't start strong but I really wish I had been here the past 3 years.
    3 years? If I'm not mistaken game started in 2011 (unless you are referring to the beta testing process, etc)

    Thing is though, I just want to point out that the game was a very different version at launch to what it is now - it is currently far more polished and enjoyable with a host of new features. I lot of people did not like the launch version of Rift, and it really is a testament to Trion that they had the courage to say "this didn't work, time to change".

    Rifts were not even solo able until 1.5 or 1.6. This is why all these random peeps coming in here and saying "Rift sucks, tried it at launch" or whatever may have been justified in their opinion back then, but Telara has changed 180 degrees and is now infinitely better. 10 patches man, 10 patches - with features and raids introduced in hotfixes between.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

  2. #22
    The Lightbringer slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    3,967
    I won't be stupid enough to say that population doesn't matter, because it does. But the most important part is that the population I see, and play with loves Rift. I would take a smaller population playing a better game (you know what im referring to) and loving it, than 10 million wow-fanboi-zombies running around Ogri/SW complaining about how there is nothing to do in WoW and that they are bored. Sure with Mop out now, you get less of that - but I've been there and in a month or two they will come out of the woodwork to complain about the game they choose to play.

    Rift is extra hot awesomesauce. I can't wait for the expansion - but to be honest I am still loving the content I have been given from the start, and I still have so much on my to-do list it's ridiculous.

    @Antipathy, that is a very good point - if there is one thing that has plagued me since I started RIFT is that it made me really wish I had started it sooner. But, I never thought about how "bad" it might have been at launch - what I see now is really the best mmo out there.
    Last edited by slime; 2012-10-02 at 05:11 PM.

  3. #23
    So clearly some people who have not played Rift are trying to make sense of Rift pop data. More then likely subs have been holding at 100K+ for one hell of a long if not way way more. Here is how I get that number.

    There are a hell of alot of people who play Rift really freaking casually. I.E. like once a week. There is a clear difference between Trion and Blizzard. With Trion even if I do not play I see clear results of the 15$ I give them with the content patches and dev involvement in answering questions.

    A lot of people who do not even play anymore still have subs. In fact thanks to a lot of the deals they offer a fuck ton of people have 6 or 12month deals for the shear fact they are way way cheaper.

    Here is another fact. Do not ask me how this works, but alot of Rift players are also single player rpg and FPS players. So while we may see ups and downs in population while actively playing the game on the "subscription" side the numbers are not actually moving all that much.

    You can trust me here because we have not seen the characteristic signs of a failing company here. Like huge lay offs (Secret world/Bioware with TOR), the community statements making huge promises (Blizzard after they lost a million players in one quarter). They have actually been expanding.

    Only numbers I care about are on my server and with the cross faction thing "faction imbalances" do not mean a damn thing anymore.
    http://raptr.com/puremallace/about

    What has been made by QQ can be unmade by QQ!!!

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    3 years? If I'm not mistaken game started in 2011 (unless you are referring to the beta testing process, etc)

    Thing is though, I just want to point out that the game was a very different version at launch to what it is now - it is currently far more polished and enjoyable with a host of new features. I lot of people did not like the launch version of Rift, and it really is a testament to Trion that they had the courage to say "this didn't work, time to change".

    Rifts were not even solo able until 1.5 or 1.6. This is why all these random peeps coming in here and saying "Rift sucks, tried it at launch" or whatever may have been justified in their opinion back then, but Telara has changed 180 degrees and is now infinitely better. 10 patches man, 10 patches - with features and raids introduced in hotfixes between.
    I thought I saw someone create a character and get 36 month veteran o_O
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime - Gold Seeker -
    Lv40 (Firefall) All Battleframes
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I thought I saw someone create a character and get 36 month veteran o_O
    You did. They've bought 3 years worth of subs. Probably went with the 1 year to start (Feb 2011 - Feb 2012), then bought another year (Feb 2012 - Feb 2013), and then bought another year to get the SL Xpac (Feb 2013 - Feb 2014). That would give them the 36 months since you get your rewards for as long as you're subbed until, not once you hit that month in your subscription. The toon they created was likely an alt. That's the reason you see people saying they have 500+ days left on their subscription.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-02 at 04:09 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    A lot of people who do not even play anymore still have subs. In fact thanks to a lot of the deals they offer a fuck ton of people have 6 or 12month deals for the shear fact they are way way cheaper.
    This is true. My wife's cousin hasn't played the game since his guild finally took down Akylios (June or July, I believe) and he's still subbed. Still see him on Rift Mobile all the time.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    You did. They've bought 3 years worth of subs. Probably went with the 1 year to start (Feb 2011 - Feb 2012), then bought another year (Feb 2012 - Feb 2013), and then bought another year to get the SL Xpac (Feb 2013 - Feb 2014). That would give them the 36 months since you get your rewards for as long as you're subbed until, not once you hit that month in your subscription. The toon they created was likely an alt. That's the reason you see people saying they have 500+ days left on their subscription.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-02 at 04:09 PM ----------



    This is true. My wife's cousin hasn't played the game since his guild finally took down Akylios (June or July, I believe) and he's still subbed. Still see him on Rift Mobile all the time.
    Exactly all of this. I myself have over 365 days of subscription time remaining. It is really really cheap to get the annual sub (decreases the monthly fee to 8.99USD If I'm not mistaken, imagine what a bargain) and I also got SL free with a 2nd annual sub since my first year had almost passed when the offer was announced.

    as to the second point, there are over 95 players in my guild always online on Rift Mobile App. ninety freakingfive, and I'm on a low-medium pop EU realm that is populated with other guilds of over 500 players. (the looking for guild tool tells you how many active (subscribed) members there are in any given guild.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •