Deleted

Mind flay and lag

Hello everyone, I have decided to start with my shadow priest for this expansion but I notice something with my mind flay. I have around 50ms home/world but when I channel mind flay the ms shown on quartz vary between 100 and 400.Can someone shed some light here and share your ms? I'm unsure if I can clip mind flays like this or if I can play a shadow priest. Thank you.

PS. Anyone might also know a solution? Maybe my internet packets don't come fast enough for this particular type of spell (channeled)?
    Picture: http://imgur.com/07WgE

The true question is, can you share with me if the same happens to you or what ms does quartz usually shows you?
    Last edited by mmoce2532cddcf; 2012-09-26 at 03:59 PM.

That's pretty normal, the bonus about using Quartz to show you that is because as soon as you hit the red part you know it is safe to cast the next spell and it won't clip mind flay at all.

Deleted
    I've never found those latency stuff reliable because they only seem to check latency at the start of the cast so when you reach the end of the cast, your latency might have changed and resulting in you missing a tick. If you have low latency, you can mostly just ignore any latency bars.

Deleted
    Thanks a lot guys, and I also noticed that sometimes the red part is almost half the bar and there is where I get really lost as to when to recast and when did it tick. As you said Ariadne, maybe I should just ignore it atleast in a situation like that and recast it close to the end. Anyway, thanks a lot for the info Arlee and Ariadne, this is very comforting.
    Last edited by mmoce2532cddcf; 2012-09-26 at 06:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lufi View Post
    Thanks a lot guys, and I also noticed that sometimes the red part is almost half the bar and there is where I get really lost as to when to recast and when did it tick. As you said Ariadne, maybe I should just ignore it atleast in a situation like that and recast it close to the end. Anyway, thanks a lot for the info Arlee and Ariadne, this is very comforting.
    Are you getting hit so that your MF suffers from spell pushback?