Page 1 of 2
LastLast

If it was a 1on1 game.

Hey guys,

So, my lol community is going to have a 1on1 tournament, with 3 games per round.
    2x "tournament draft pick" and if the games are tied a 3rd blind pick game.
    RULES: you can jungle, but you can't go to other lanes.
    Early brackets = 2 kills or 1 tower wins.
    Mid bracket = 3 kills or 2 towers
    Late bracket = Inhibitor

So here are some questions for you guys:

1.) What 3 champs would you ban & why?
    2.) What champion would you pick for 1st pick & why?
    3.) The score is 1:1 ... what is your last pick?
    4.) What would your summoner spells be?
    5.) If you like, you can counter the posters 1st pick above you and explain how.

My picks.

1.) Riven, Jax, Darius, - I hate bruisers with gap closers
    2.) Morde, Push if you like or you can just farm under your tower and be a beast in a couple of levels.
    3.) Vlad or Irelia
    4.) Flash, Ignite or teleport.
    5.) /

Thank you for playing / helping =))
    Last edited by Epialt; 2012-09-26 at 12:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My pick: LeBlanc

You'd want to pick either a bruiser, someone with a lot of sustain, or a really good duelist. I probably wouldn't ban Darius, since he is very easy to counter pick. Rumble, for instance, will shred through him in no time
    RETH

I was thinking, how about swain... he should melt most champs early right ?

Deleted
    If I was counterpicking the usual mids I'd probably go for Talon, Fiora or maybe Galio
    Probably take more defensive masteries, and maybe even the masteries to get extra exp. to be level 6 faster.

Summoners would be flash, ignite or teleport (if you want to go back fast to buy an item to give you an edge)

Ban..probably LeBlanc, Talon and someone else ^^

This is all assuming the other person plays a mid AP champ.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't turn game 1v1 or you get ready to be very frustrated
    Someone said LeBlanc, which I agree, but you can counter her with Galio, so he picks Caitlyn, you take Jax
    The loop is infinite, every champ - even early op ones - have counter, I can't name you any champion to ban, just see what role he is great at, I suck as ranged AD, I actually better leave game or be afk than play ranged AD in serious match (tried a lot and failed), see your enemy which role he sucks as, ban other roles
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Most AD carries are a poor choice early on.

I just don't see the point in draft pick like this tbh. Whoever is first is screwed over so hard, as they can get counterpicked completely.
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2012-09-26 at 12:51 PM.

thats why you have best of 3 games.

What do you mean by:

"You can jungle but can't go to other lanes"? So you can only stay in the jungle? Automatic loss there because you can't kill a tower or the enemy (unless they are stupid enough to step into the jungle).

Does it mean you have 1 lane you can go into and out of? Still no reason to jungle because the enemy can easily avoid you. Also jungling in a 1v1 game puts you at a disadvantage because the laner can straight push and destroy a tower most likely before you do.

Deleted
    mundo? loads of sustain

I think people have forgotten who the kings of 1v1 in this game really are.

Malzahar and WW. You cant outpick dat! Personally Id go with WW and probably ban Leblanc and Malz, who gives a crap about 3rd!

WW scales brilliantly with all defensive stats and can probably make use of more items than any other champion in the game, giving huge flexibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geist19 View Post
    What do you mean by:

"You can jungle but can't go to other lanes"? So you can only stay in the jungle? Automatic loss there because you can't kill a tower or the enemy (unless they are stupid enough to step into the jungle).

Does it mean you have 1 lane you can go into and out of? Still no reason to jungle because the enemy can easily avoid you. Also jungling in a 1v1 game puts you at a disadvantage because the laner can straight push and destroy a tower most likely before you do.
    Translation: you're mid, and can clear jungle but can't go bot/top

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epialt View Post
    thats why you have best of 3 games.
    So whoever with last pick in the first game still wins because they can counter pick games 1 and 3. Draft doesn't work for 1v1 if second pick can counter. You'll have to go blind pick.

Now if you want to still do bans just have them picked before the match starts in the pregame lobby. There are so many champs in League that while banning your counters sounds like a good idea, you only have 3 bans and there are a lot more counters than that.

Picks would be anyone who can 1v1 really good. Jax, Darius, LeBlanc, Jayce. All good picks or bans. Late game champs are not preferred, so any ADC, Karthus, etc.

Deleted
    1)I would ban malphite, because he just gets very tanky and if he goes ap he will still do a lot of dmg with a lot of cc in between
    Talon is dangerous on 1v1 so I would probably kick him
    Jax would be a good champ to ban too.

2)The first champion I would pick would probably be a champion that can sustain well in lane and have a decent mid/late game like Cassiopeia, Irelia for obvious reasons and Riven if your enemy is somehow squishy or maybe not if depends.

3)Your last pick should be a champion you feel comfortable with and know how to play it and know it well.

4)If it's an ad with high burst like Gp, Riven, jayce, or just an ad carry, I would probably take exhaist, if not ignite, with either flash, but doubtfull since it's 1v1, or heal

Deleted
    For round 1, get something that will push and kill that tower FAST. So something that can AoE farm with ranged attacks for the tower, preferably safe. I'd actually play something like Ezreal sinec he can farm/defend tower easily, but also poke/push/hit tower safely.

For summoners on the 1 tower game, I'd pick teleport (being gone for ~20 sec can be your tower) with Promote. Yes for real.

On the other games, I'd probably go for safe bruisers, Jayce being a favoured.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    So whoever with last pick in the first game still wins because they can counter pick games 1 and 3. Draft doesn't work for 1v1 if second pick can counter. You'll have to go blind pick.

Now if you want to still do bans just have them picked before the match starts in the pregame lobby. There are so many champs in League that while banning your counters sounds like a good idea, you only have 3 bans and there are a lot more counters than that.

Picks would be anyone who can 1v1 really good. Jax, Darius, LeBlanc, Jayce. All good picks or bans. Late game champs are not preferred, so any ADC, Karthus, etc.
    3rd pick = blind ... get it ?

15+ Year Old Account
    The OP left out a bit of information, but let's assume it is:

1 v 1 mid only + jungle

Kind of a silly format, but I would be running TP / Promote regardless of summoner choice.

I'd probably try Heimer 1st pick and push the hell out of him. His long range poke + saving ulti for a hard engage may just work out.

Oh, and this should be blind pick to nullify any chance of countering.

Another strong one would be AD sion - he can pretty much take anyone on after level 6, and by the time you get some farm you can kill them under their own tower.

Lastly, AP Yi. He's gimmicky, but you'll force them back to fountain while you just meditate back to full HP. You melt creep waves, and can get harass of while being close to their tower.

edit: forgot about Nunu...incredible sustain, can grab blue buff quickly, and you'll force them back with your iceball harass.
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2012-09-26 at 04:32 PM.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epialt View Post
    3rd pick = blind ... get it ?
    So, forgetting skill, your essentially only playing single elimination best of 1, since the other two should be easily won by second pick. All blind with bans in lobby chat is a hundred times better the first 2 draft and third blind.

You could say.... if 2 players with equal skill cap take each other on in the 3rd game... it's all about luck.
    But ye... how else would you do it ? This game was never ment to be balanced with 1on1.

On the other hand, the last tournament showed alot of 2:0 tbh.
    We will have players that come from 1000 > 2500 elo.

It's not a pro. event, it's more like, HAVE FUN ... learn a thing or 2.

=)

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was 1v1 just ban Heimerdinger, he will zone you out. My brother did a little Curse tournament thing 1v1, had to go against a diamond 2.2k ELO player first round and the guy even specifically banned Heimerdinger. Heimerdinger will just shred you because he can completely zone you out and trying to go execute yourself never really works against him.
    Hey everyone