Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zyx View Post
    They're BoP
    Should be BoA... annoying having them on the wrong chars.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge40 View Post
    Should be BoA... annoying having them on the wrong chars.
    Yep. My pally main can't get motes if I go to VO4W and just AOE grind thousands of turtles for an hour or two, I get maybe 2 total.

Meanwhile I take my 85 hunter along the river in the same zone to farm herbs, kill maybe 10 mobs total as I'm getting Silkweed...and have a full SoH from that.

10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't a good way to farm it. Just do your dailies, do everything you usually do, and you should end up with 2-3 Spirit of Harmony by the time the day is over. I did 5 Heroics, and all of my dailies and I got 3 Spirits of Harmony today. It's good, just wait for them to come. You're not in any kind of rush. If you want to farm them though, I'm not the person to speak to haha.

Deleted
    Scenarios "seem" to have a healthy drop rate, well, compared to everything else I've done so far. Every run I've done so far, I've looted, or a team mate has, 5-10 motes per

just go about your business of doing daily somtimes i get alot somtimes not at all

tillers ofc will give you 16 a day at exalted so worth doing it
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunflora View Post
    There isn't a good way to farm it. Just do your dailies, do everything you usually do, and you should end up with 2-3 Spirit of Harmony by the time the day is over. I did 5 Heroics, and all of my dailies and I got 3 Spirits of Harmony today. It's good, just wait for them to come. You're not in any kind of rush. If you want to farm them though, I'm not the person to speak to haha.
    There is always a "Best" way to do anything that can objectively be done. That doesn't mean its known, enjoyable, or common, but it does exist.

Eventually, people will find places where either 1.) There are lots of mobs. 2.) Mobs have a higher drop chance 3.) mobs die faster for x reason or a combination of those, or other factors.

Could try Dread Wastes. Packs of 10+ Mobs to the East of the zone near the wall while using the Angel of Death buff or Iron Mantid to AoE down. AoD for classes with strong AoE and IM for classes with absorbs/blocks and weak/medium AoE. I had this recomended for me because I need 600 Klaxxi rep (40 Shards) for Revered and I want to unlock the last two Paragons so I guess you could do this for farming Motes potentially.

What is big and white and runs in a circle ?

If you can find out the answer you are awarded with ALL THE motes you ever want.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been getting a good amount of motes each day. I think I get 10-15 per day since hitting 90. Sitting on a stack of 10 now while I wait for the 11th to drop (I always want at least one mote in my bags so I can always loot them), and I have 7 spirits, 8 total counting the one I spent on the golden lotus for my alchemist stone.

So far I have created 76 Spirits of Harmony from motes of harmony through mob grinding. It's all about doing some research, finding a spot, and milking that cash cow dry. Between youtube, wowhead, and countless other places, you can find common places to go to at dead server times. Or, experiment, and find your own.

Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    Literally farming for motes via Tillers has single-handedly convinced me to grind rep with them, across all characters.
    With the right seeds, you can also farm up ore, cloth, enchanter goods, leather, and random herbs, too.

Also they're the best way to get the vegetable portion of ingredients for the various Cooking recipes.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Wait for them to become tradable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a group of 3-4 people (with at least 1 tank and 1 healer), go to Niuzao Temple in Townlong.
    Farm the everloving crap out of the mobs in the middle. They respawn fast, and drops a lot of cloth. And since you kill so many, you will get a lot of motes as well.

I think that's the best spot.

This is info from beta, since i'm not currentky subbed.

The best way to farm motes of harmony, which come only as either npc drops or from the tillers farm, is to AOE farm weak level 90 npcs. The best areas i found for this were:
    - Shan'ze Dao, an island off townlong steppes. It has mogu, cloud serpent and faerie npcs, its the faerie packs you want to farm. You can pull and easily aoe multiple packs so long as you have a spec with proper self healing.
    - southwest dread wastes, behind the giant tree that has the entrance to the raid. There are multiple packs of dread scarabs, small weak neutral npcs, which can be pulled in packs and quickly dispatched. Again, you need a good spec with self healing, and a class with lots of range aggroing moves is best. These can also be skinned, and are likely THE best for farming leathers. The deepholm bats of mop.

These spots always yielded a pretty decent hourly drop rate. There is an iisland off the coast of jade forest, with some tigers, faeries and saurok npcs, some people were reporting good drop rates on the faeries there as well, but i cannot confirm.

CAVEAT: many npcs have one-shot abiities that they will use if they're kept in combat for too long without being killed. Some faeries have an ability called thousand needle strike, or smth like that, that WILL deal massive damage if you take more than, say, 3 minutes to kill them. So adjust your pull size if you're getting destroyed.
    Last edited by pfbe; 2012-10-02 at 08:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The cave between the veiled stair and Kun-Lai Summit from what I hear. Good way to farm Black Prince rep at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Literally farming.

On your farm.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=89233
    Holy crap.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

I've found that farming the cranes to the east of Halfhil market is great. If you plan on leveling cooking, you will need to grind them eventually. I just maxed out the 6 cooking specs and I would say I got 20 spirit of harmony in the end. What I'd do is group up at least 3-6 at a time and aoe the hell out of them. Before I knew it I had enough for one Spirit of Harmony. Used them all to skip the stupid JC 1 day cd, but of course there are a lot of uses for them currently. Good quality gems are important though. lol.

I never knew about the Songbell seeds gave a mote. Shows how much I pay attention. lol. I have 8 plots right now, so I'll definitely use them all with those now.
    Last edited by KCguy; 2012-10-02 at 01:33 PM.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The best, most efficient route I have found on my DK is to go in to Blood spec, spec Endless Winter, get the Iron Mantid buff from Malik and go to town on the scar which leads to the wall which borders Valley of the Four Winds and Dread Wastes then go around Stars Lake.

The buff pretty much provides you with a steady stream of Bladeturning which absolutely decimates any within range. Loot the 10 - 15+ bodies and move on to the lake, then go back to the scar.

Watch your Black Prince rep hit honored in no time and get alllll the cloth you can imagine.

Rinse and repeat.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2012-10-02 at 01:41 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    According to one of the comments on wowhead:

It appears the drop rate is

10% + 1% x ( Mob level - 85)

In other words

85 - 10%
    86 - 11%
    87 - 12%
    88 - 13%
    89 - 14%
    90 - 15%

Although it feels lower than that. But if this calculation is correct, the higher the level, the better the chance at getting a mote.
    Well, according to the Daily Blink, the droprate increases if you spin around quickly before the killing blow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Wait for them to become tradable.
    Won't happen before 5.3 if Chaos Orbs is anything to go by.