Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    or just make it instant cast with a "you cant do that yet" error if you try to change it while the ability is on cooldown. 5s cast time is annoying in "go go go go!" groups
    Yeah i hate those groups, mostly the dps are the ones who do it. As a tank i only stop pulling trash when the healer is low on mana. Even had a healer do the whole "go go go go" thing while they are still drinking at not full yet.

But to piss em off when they say that i just reply, "You want me to pull slower? ok will do just for you %t".

So far I'm loving the skill comes in handy i use the skill i get all the time but wonder how many others actually know what it is and pull it out.

I'd be a lot happier if it was even a 3 second cast and actually persisted through death. At least in my experience wiping in dungeons the buff always seems to need to be reapplied. Which I think is unintended.

hmm that's odd, I was pleasantly surprised to see just the opposite, Symbiosis did persist through death and I didn't have to recast it. (full wipe, ran back as ghosts) - but its only happened once thus far. I'll have to keep an eye on it and see if that was a fluke or consistant.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawke View Post
    I'm gonna say this slow this time. "You can't cast Symbiosis on people in combat... Even if you are out of combat." So, therefore, flipping targets in an arena situation is not viable whilst mid combat." not to mention as resto in a pvp situation the 6 secs it takes to cast that you will be unable to heal.
    god fucking damn it your reading comprehension is the worst I've seen, with 2 classes that peel for immense periods of 20sec+ on their own with trinkets down it's not only possible to flip targets it's fucking ridiculously easy, with invis and FD being the sure combat droppers it's rather silly. Talking about not healing for 6sec with blanked hots all over the team as the healer with the most passive healing is fucking hilarious too, what exactly is your experience anyway?
    afflocks that cry about balance in pvp make me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdragon View Post
    god fucking damn it your reading comprehension is the worst I've seen, with 2 classes that peel for immense periods of 20sec+ on their own with trinkets down it's not only possible to flip targets it's fucking ridiculously easy, with invis and FD being the sure combat droppers it's rather silly. Talking about not healing for 6sec with blanked hots all over the team as the healer with the most passive healing is fucking hilarious too, what exactly is your experience anyway?
    your right im sorry... it's as likely as getting a rezz off in an arena, but nonetheless possible.

Deleted
    In LFG it looks like this: "Hey, Im casting Symbiosis on you", "Wait a sec, or 6, wait... wait... dont run!!!" or like this "Stand still, good boy... almost there... I can do it... 1 sec more... who the f*ck pulled?!!!".

It doesn't really bother me now but it sure as hell will when I'm going for gold in Challenge Modes later.

Deleted
    its annoying. id rather not cast it when we're trying to do heroics fast.

Iv not found a single useful spell for myself as moonkin with sym currectly. mirror images do like 30 hits so its not really a DPS boost. Most of the time i cba to even try cast it, 9/10 its the tank who wants it for an extra CD. I understand it wasnt ment to be a major DPS boost kinda spell but it seems abit retarded in pve :P pvp im sure it be alot better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    hmm that's odd, I was pleasantly surprised to see just the opposite, Symbiosis did persist through death and I didn't have to recast it. (full wipe, ran back as ghosts) - but its only happened once thus far. I'll have to keep an eye on it and see if that was a fluke or consistant.
    it does persisi tru dead but only aslong as both players stay in the same zone, that means neither the druid or the target can "release" to ghost form becase thne it breaks.
    but if they stay inside like slackers and get ressed it will stay up
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    Iv not found a single useful spell for myself as moonkin with sym currectly. mirror images do like 30 hits so its not really a DPS boost. Most of the time i cba to even try cast it, 9/10 its the tank who wants it for an extra CD. I understand it wasnt ment to be a major DPS boost kinda spell but it seems abit retarded in pve :P pvp im sure it be alot better.
    yeah man id hate to have mass dispel for temple of the jade serpent

or ams for practically anything

symbiosis suxxxxx

15+ Year Old Account
    tanking with consecration was just to much fun
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    I dont see the point of having a cast time on it when u can't use it while in combat..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pulchritudinous View Post
    its annoying. id rather not cast it when we're trying to do heroics fast.
    Yeah, same here. But I have a feeling they will fix it to be either instant cast or castable while in combat, at least I hope they do.

(And offtopic: It's also annoying when ur doing a hc, to cast it on tank (I'm resto, and most of the times I cast it on tanks), whisper and explain what it is, and most of the times they don't even use it at all. )

Quote Originally Posted by fezix View Post
    In LFG it looks like this: "Hey, Im casting Symbiosis on you", "Wait a sec, or 6, wait... wait... dont run!!!" or like this "Stand still, good boy... almost there... I can do it... 1 sec more... who the f*ck pulled?!!!".
    Cant say ive had a problem with this. I usually just ask upfront during a trashpull "Could you wait a few seconds after this pack? Need to apply Symbiosis" and they usually hang around for the seconds needed. But then again I might just get lucky with people in my LFG.

But the cast time is a bit annoying as it still "continues" until the end and then it suddenly says "Invalid Target"...
    Wouldnt mind having special restrictions on it for PvP, while "buffing" the PvE one with less cast time.

Should be castable in combat. Then I wouldn't mind the cast time.

Symbiosis cast time right now is pretty insane to be honest, every time I enter a heroic dungeon, the tanks immidiately start pulling the trash before I can get a symbiosis cast and or the classes I want to use it on are running out of range =/

My DeviantART: http://hypzone.deviantart.com/ | Requests: Closed

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarisan View Post
    Symbiosis cast time right now is pretty insane to be honest, every time I enter a heroic dungeon, the tanks immidiately start pulling the trash before I can get a symbiosis cast and or the classes I want to use it on are running out of range =/
    yes we all suffer from this issue, also the classes you cast it on cba with symbiosisis so they wont wait for it
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by fyl View Post
    They really should make symbiosis an instant cast, non of the retards will wait, as soon as you zone in they start, and nobody even know what it is btw they never heard of it, so you have to explain all of it and some dont even understand it then.
    Make a explain macro... also remember that almost no classes get viable spells from the druid only the druid get's good spells. Aaand try warning ppls in grp when u cast symbiosis "STAND STILL I SAY"! :P GL

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't really see the problem. If people aren't willing to wait 6 seconds, you're probably in an awful group that you'd do well to leave anyway.
    Symbiosis really isn't necessary. In our guild runs through heroics, we just start pulling as soon as we zone in. On my 86 DK tank I do the same thing, I pull everything in sight as soon as I zone in.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU