Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    OMG soul reaper is bad? pls mini pvp player, go reroll to mage...

  2. #62
    Did a 778k SR in a Challenge Mode as Blood last night. Gotta love dat Vengeance.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Clash1 View Post
    I can think of a handful of abilities that the class needed over an execute ability just off the top of my head. But, that's for another discussion. Frost is the epitome of RNG. How you can say differently is perplexing. And I can assure you that I know how to play a DK very well.
    Only other thing I would say we was missing was a stun, but we now have two if you spec for them.

    Let me put it another way, I know when I need to SR ahead of time on a target based of current damage going on the target + how much the target has. This removes some the delay on getting its first use underway.

    Only RNG I feel is with KM now, pay enough attention and get used to your rune regen, then it feels a ton less RNG and you'll know when you can do your things.

    This all based of the fact that I am using RC at this time as it feels a ton better than RE at this current pre-raid level.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by fyske View Post
    Did I mention it's reflectable? If the target is below 35% and should take damage, a Warrior (for example, but a Shaman can do Grounding Totem as well) can reflect the damage back to us, even if we have more than 35% health.
    If this is true it's hilarious. I mean, what the shit.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraeth View Post
    If this is true it's hilarious. I mean, what the shit.
    This is precisely the kind of crap we have to deal with having all these gimmicky abilities.

  6. #66
    Do some people really think that Soul Reaper is any good? lol I want to see you using it in PvP, it won't happen.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Vuagnon View Post
    Loving it as Blood so far. Applying it on multiple targets works brilliantly while cleaving packs.
    Oh really? How do you do that on an ability with a cooldown? Please stop typing nonsense.

    Anyway, SR is great... in PvE. It has major constraints in high-level PvP.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    A execute ability not living up to its full potential with mobs that die fast

    I fail to see the problem because this is exactly the same as ever other execute (even warrior Execute).

    WRONG. the damage isnt instant ie. "same as every other execute" as you say. it IS the only time delayed burst/dot w/e u wana call the stupid ability. they give an ability like that yet take all the damage away from end talents "because we would have to base rotations around those talents" such a cop out. one of the few classes that our end tree provides NO damage whatsoever
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

  9. #69
    Mechagnome Italiandk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Dô yöû even liƒt¿
    Posts
    671
    Quote Originally Posted by fyske View Post
    Soul Reaper is bad.

    As interesting as its effects may sound, it is merely an impotent execute.

    We basically get the same thing as everyone else, but we have the inefficient nuisance of waiting 5 seconds for it to activate. The haste bonus is literally useless as it only lasts for a few seconds, this buff is absolutely not viable in PVP and very unlikely to be of any worth in PVE. "Wow, a single extra weapon swing!!!!! SO OP LOLOLOL!!!!"
    Beside the haste buff it's really a strong ability, better than SS on execute phase. It's hard to use it while questing or clearing weak trash in dungeons (that's why we got haste buff when killing our SR target before it procs) and it's really hard to master on PvP but it's not bad at all.

  10. #70
    Anyone saying Soul Reaper "sucks" has apparently not known how much of a damage increase it is.
    Soul Reaper is bugged in terms of the haste buff, but in PvE it is a HUGE benefit, although the cool-down is a bit harsh.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-01 at 03:03 AM ----------

    One down side to SR though, it messes with the rotation of Frost.

  11. #71
    Banned The Fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Merry ol' England.
    Posts
    5,026
    It should be a 3 second wind up really.

  12. #72
    Brewmaster Playintrafic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Gnomeregan
    Posts
    1,285
    If your a pvp then yeah it sucks fyske. Oh well. DKs had their run for most of Cata and damn near all of Wrath. If your mad because your not OP in PVP today, roll a mage. If your a bit more mature than that, and can understand that buffs and nerfs come and go then stick with the class you love and enjoy the 3 great choices you get for cc/utility that are awesome in pvp.

    TLDR
    You can't have it all, all the time

  13. #73
    If your pvp then yeah it sucks fyske. Oh well. DKs had their run for most of Cata and damn near all of Wrath. If your mad because your not OP in PVP today, roll a mage. If your a bit more mature than than that, and can understand that buffs and nerfs come and go then stick with the class you

    TLDR
    You can't have it all, all the time
    I shall admit, all throughout WoTLK death knights were a bit strong, but in Cataclysm Death Knights didn't need the nerf in T11.
    I mean, a 17% nerf? Really?
    Mages, always are a top 3 PvP class, never got nerfed.
    Death Knights, in PvE, were above average and were about average (I am talking professionals vs professionals now) weren't all powerful.
    If you're versing newbies, than yes, you're "SO OP" but that is because they're feeble minded and cannot comprehend how to counter certain class mechanics.
    4.0.6 and now are the WEAKEST death knights have ever been.
    They do not need buffs, or nerfs.

  14. #74
    Lol pve atm we're very strong, idk if its a `play` issue but im easily popping 100k dps as blood, havent tried unholy but with soul reaper, it should be very good too, easy 45k-60kish?

  15. #75
    Okay, Blood is very unbalanced atm. If you're doing 100k that means you're taking damage that you shouldn't be taking, which therefore means you're not doing your job.
    Unholy at the moment sucks, and Frost 2h is the way to go.
    Soul reaper is better as Unholy because the scaling, but Unholy isn't very strong with the changes as of 5.0

  16. #76
    Looking on this thread i came to conclusion that ppls don't care what ability they get as long as it improves their dps. Inbefore next expansion blizz introducing unholy barage on 10 sec cd that makes you fire 3 purple death coils and same ppls who're fine with SR will be talking how great new ability is and how it improves their dps.

    Seriously most ppls who say this ability suck wanted to see a better ability (not perfomance wise), something completly new but got instead a button to press every 5 sec in pve when mob's below 35% hp. For pvp it's nearly useless becouse 5 sec delay gives a lot of time to use cd, get heal, get dispell. TBC warrior execute was scarry becouse against many classes it was a sure kill ability below treshhold, but even then it wasn't outright imbalanced becouse it was situational and could be countered by stun/heal/disarm etc. And now we've SR - 5 sec more situational ability then execute.

    Dps is a matter of numbers and can be changed on whim through buffing/nerfing coefficients. Gameplay is a different story and sadly SR does nothing to improve it. Imo exept last talent tier we're pretty much still in cata.

  17. #77
    Looking on this thread i came to conclusion that ppls don't care what ability they get as long as it improves their dps. Inbefore next expansion blizz introducing unholy barage on 10 sec cd that makes you fire 3 purple death coils and same ppls who're fine with SR will be talking how great new ability is and how it improves their dps.

    Seriously most ppls who say this ability suck wanted to see a better ability (not perfomance wise), something completly new but got instead a button to press every 5 sec in pve when mob's below 35% hp. For pvp it's nearly useless becouse 5 sec delay gives a lot of time to use cd, get heal, get dispell. TBC warrior execute was scarry becouse against many classes it was a sure kill ability below treshhold, but even then it wasn't outright imbalanced becouse it was situational and could be countered by stun/heal/disarm etc. And now we've SR - 5 sec more situational ability then execute.

    Dps is a matter of numbers and can be changed on whim through buffing/nerfing coefficients. Gameplay is a different story and sadly SR does nothing to improve it. Imo exept last talent tier we're pretty much still in cata.
    Thank you.
    You are one of the FEW people on this forum that knows what they're talking about.
    one thing though, a couple things have changed, not really "big" changes but still some.
    I mean, until T14 HM world firsts go out it isn't MoP yet.

  18. #78
    I don't like the feel of the mechanic either. Im prioritising the spell when the boss is below 35% hp and while it does decent damage it just doesn't feel right with the delay in damage. Maybe it will grow on me in time but at the moment I don't like the feel of it.

  19. #79
    Obviously, you don't understand the concept.
    It is meant to be a execute phase that is delayed, and actually does great damage for costing one rune on a 6 second cool-down.
    The fact is, you're going to be using it several times not just once or twice in heroic raid content.
    I mean, you're in ~35% and below 1/3rd the time (Sometimes more) and you can use it pre-35% if you time it properly. Although once you get there, the priority becomes a little difficult but it is scaled very well. There is a reason dks are no longer below average DPS.

  20. #80
    The fact that the damage is delayed is almost irrelevant in pve. It's actually beneficial because it means you can start using soul reaper before your target hits 35%.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •