Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Shira, I just posted that in a long, stretched out paragraph.

Fair enough.

I didn't feel like reading through two pages of badly informed opinions.

Haha. Very true. Although, I have talked to Gicks (if you know who he is and I make him mad because my tier gloves) and he agrees with my statement.

I wish they'd put SR back to an UH rune for Frost. On the Sha raid boss there are times where I wasn't able to hit it on CD because I was switching to an AoE priority/rotation (while I'm still targeting a >35 boss)

Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    I wish they'd put SR back to an UH rune for Frost.
    That would be extremely awkward, you'd either have to spec blood tap or game RE for unholy runes to be able to hit it on cooldown.

You're forgetting that frost has 2 perma-death runes to maintain uptime. SR on unholy runes would be a major improvement for DW frost because they could both spam HB and execute. It would be a much smaller improvement for 2H frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    That would be extremely awkward, you'd either have to spec blood tap or game RE for unholy runes to be able to hit it on cooldown.
    It's going to make DW/AoE Execute phase much smoother if SR was on a UH rune, not giving up a HB.

You're forgetting that frost has 2 perma-death runes to maintain uptime. SR on unholy runes would be a major improvement for DW frost because they could both spam HB and execute. It would be a much smaller improvement for 2H frost.
    True. It may actually remain the same for 2H frost though, since you need both Frost and Unholy runes, and it would all come to down to your situation.

It's going to make DW/AoE Execute phase much smoother if SR was on a UH rune, not giving up a HB.
    Yes, but DW isn't viable in a raid comp.
    AoE phases aren't very long, so it won't be very rough either way.

Of course DW frost is viable. It just isn't competitive with 2H frost on single-targets. Lots of encounters have multiple targets where DW frost will shine.

Of course DW frost is viable. It just isn't competitive with 2H frost on single-targets. Lots of encounters have multiple targets where DW frost will shine.
    The AoE phases aren't long enough to make DW viable.
    The single target lasts majority of the fights, and DW will POSSIBLY have its shot, even then it will not seeing as 2h Frost will be getting the 2h weapons in most guilds, and SMF warriors receiving the DW weapons.

That is wrong. DW sims a mere 1.50% below 2H frost at T14H on single-targets. It demolishes 2H frost in AE or cleave situations, and there are a lot of them.

That is wrong. DW sims a mere 1.50% below 2H frost at T14H on single-targets. It demolishes 2H frost in AE or cleave situations, and there are a lot of them.
    it's 2k average, 4k maximum difference, as well as 2k minimum (SimC).
    The thing is, The cleave situations aren't long enough, and Dks will not be receiving DW weapons because they will be fed to SMF warriors in any competitive guild.

We fundamentally disagree there (and you're wrong).

Loot distribution is of course comp and guild specific. If you won't get 1H weapons, you've got no choice.

I am in no possible way wrong.
    SMF warriors, of course the #1 melee spec atm, and 2H Frost in ALL 25m raid comps (Who the fuck cares about 10m) will be getting two handed weapons.
    You can't disagree that SMF > DW frost in every possible way in every possible situation unless the fight has constant AoE.

That is your basic problem right there. Nobody knows which spec is on top right now, because we have no raids to test them. All we have is simulation and people hitting the raid dummies in shattrath. Not the actual raids.

If you respond to this with a link to the ranking at simulationcraft.org I am gonna laugh SO HARD!

That is your basic problem right there. Nobody knows which spec is on top right now, because we have no raids to test them. All we have is simulation and people hitting the raid dummies in shattrath. Not the actual raids.

If you respond to this with a link to the ranking at simulationcraft.org I am gonna laugh SO HARD!
    Sims actually can be pretty accurate, but that isn't what I am getting at.
    Go to beta testing, all death knights were Frost 2h and were beating Frost DW.
    Also, SMF was the top melee DPS on the beta testing, and therefore loot will be distributed as such.
    Death Knights will be second on priority, and #1 on priority for two handed weapons.

There have been several rounds of buffs and nerfs since those raid tests. Some of those changes were huge. That data is no good. The data we get tomorrow will be good.

2h frost is better on patchwerk, but patchwerk doesn't exist.

There are plenty of bosses that will favour dw frost.

2h frost is better on patchwerk, but patchwerk doesn't exist.

There are plenty of bosses that will favour dw frost.
    Every guild that is pushing serious progression (Top 20 in region) were using Frost 2h death knights, while feeding SMF warriors DW weapons.
    Again, DW weapons will be going to SMF warriors and 2H Frost Death Knights will have the priority for 2H weapons.
    This is the case of any SERIOUS raiding guild.

I wasn't implying that dw is the spec to be, and I'm in a very serious guild.

My point is that dw isn't useless just because 2h happens to have better sim numbers and smf warriors pull more dps.
    Last edited by Shiira; 2012-10-01 at 11:27 PM.