Thread: Computer issues

10+ Year Old Account

Computer issues

I got myself this PC (see sig) in about April and it seemed to be fine for the most part until recently when I started getting strange graphical errors where everything would grind to a halt then my gpu would be at 100% usage even at idle, but I never got the error message to say the drivers had actually crashed. I RMA'd the card thinking that was the problem but it still doesn't seem to have fixed this issue. I can't run wow at ultra any more due to the fact it tanks down to about 5fps witch REALLY shouldn't be happening with a pc like mine. I did the rush to 90 etc and all seemed well but I was on low settings for the whole night while i levelled to avoid these errors.

Today when i logged on to stick my account into the queue though the entire PC went black, a fan went into over drive inside the PC and the graphics drivers crashed and recovered but with the gpu usage being all over the place again. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEQYXe8PAI0 - here is a video i took a couple of days ago while being sat inside the inn at the dorf district of SW with nothing special happening on my screen at all. This is not an over heating issue because the cpu / gpu are at 45-45 / 40-55 when playing wow, If anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated to save me doing an RMA on the whole machine.

Thanks

Edit 1: I also have the most up to date release drivers for the card from the nvidia site so it shouldn't be a driver issue
    Last edited by Ðareak; 2012-09-26 at 02:44 PM.
    PC Specs
    Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Full Tower - CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3770K - CPU Cooler: Titan Fenrir Evo Extreme - Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V PRO - RAM: 16GB Kingston Hyper-X Genesis 1600 - GPU: 2GB GTX 680 - SSD: 120GB Intel 520 Series - HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB - PSU: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750

This is very strange I'll try to look into your issue. PS. your youtube video is private

10+ Year Old Account
    Should be viewable now
    PC Specs
    Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Full Tower - CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3770K - CPU Cooler: Titan Fenrir Evo Extreme - Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V PRO - RAM: 16GB Kingston Hyper-X Genesis 1600 - GPU: 2GB GTX 680 - SSD: 120GB Intel 520 Series - HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB - PSU: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750

I'm kinda at a loss but I'll give it my best.

Do you clean the PC often? It could be a dust issue and moisture etc has formed on the main board connectors.

Does it only happen in WoW and if so have the ran the repair or tried to re-install?

Has the PC been moved recently and have you checked the connections?

I don't mean to sound condescending but sometimes the very basics can be overlooked.

10+ Year Old Account
    The last time I cleaned it out was probably about 2 weeks ago but things were happening before that too but I have an electric duster which is a little bit like a vacuum motor that has been turned around so hopefully moisture shouldn't be the culprit. I've only noticed it when I'm playing wow but the graphics card can't seem to idle even when nothing is running the clocks are still bouncy but it's very temperamental. At the moment all situations normal but I'm sat in a queue to try and log into wow. I'll double check all the connections on the board etc in the mean time

---------- Post added 2012-09-27 at 09:30 AM ----------

Had exactly the same happen again, turned the pc on. Loaded wow and a stream on twitch. Everything stopped, gpu fans turned right up display drivers crashed. Checked all of the connections in the pc and they all seem to be fine.
    PC Specs