Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    1. Who is your favorite Singer ? Ryan Tedder (OneRepublic)

2. What is your favorite genre of music ? I'm pretty open to a lot of music honestly. I have found I enjoy about anything.

3. Why do you like him/her ? Ryan's voice just swoons me I guess you could say. I am in love with his voice He is also just a very talented person who writes a lot of songs, songs for other artists and has a good set of vocal chords Did I mention I am in love with is voice? :P

4. Mention your top 10 songs of your favorite singer ?

Say (All I need)
    Good Life
    Marchin On
    Gravity
    Sexy Baby
    Apologize
    Feel Again
    If I Loose Myself *OneRepublic's new single! It's wonderful! Check it out everyone!*
    Secrets
    All the Right Moves

Too bad Daft Punk don't actually have singers :P hehe, or I would name them. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post

1. Who is your favorite Singer - This is hard, I like a ton and never really committed to a favorite, and although I am tempted to list a name of a Beatles singer, or from another classic rock band, I won't. I am going to go out on a limb here and say a classicist Broadway singer that hasn't died yet, Lea Salonga. Every time I have ever heard her sing (Even if it was the 50th time I heard her sing I dreamed a dream) I always get extreme chills and she has my full attention. It's something really special.
    I liked her better as Eponine personally. I had my fingers crossed that she would play Kim again in the Miss Saigon film adaptation but I worry they'll think she's too old now Maybe they'll at least give her a cameo, kind of like how Colm Wilkinson only gets to cameo as the bishop in Les Mis even though I still think he'd be solid as Valjean.
    Last edited by Lady Tygry; 2012-12-20 at 08:12 PM.

Always loved Josh Groban, but really it's anyone that can actually sing or any song that has a good beat and the singer isn't cringeworthy. My favorite music is anything besides modern rap and music where people scream all the time.

1. Who is your favorite Singer ? - Dead Can Dance, specifically Lisa Gerrard

2. What is your favorite genre of music ? Not sure what you call it... atmospheric, ethereal, mood music... Dead Can Dance, Cocteau Twins, Niyaz.

3. Why do you like him/her ? Her voice is simply the most beautiful, haunting female vocal I've ever heard. It gives me chills, it can make me cry, or feel elated, excited.. it always provokes a deep reaction in me.

4. Mention your top 10 songs of your favorite singer ? Elegy - Lisa Gerrard, The Host of Seraphim - DCD, Devorzhum - DCD, Dedicacé Outò - DCD, Song of the Sibyl - DCD, I am Stretched on Your Grave - DCD, The Ubiqitous Mr. Lovegrove - DCD, Sanvean - Lisa Gerrard, and her vocals which set the mood in a number of movies.

Elegy can be heard as the song that plays over the newest preview for Superman: Man of Steel. She's probably best known for her vocals in Gladiator, The Insider and Man on Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tygry View Post
    I liked her better as Eponine personally. I had my fingers crossed that she would play Kim again in the Miss Saigon film adaptation but I worry they'll think she's too old now Maybe they'll at least give her a cameo, kind of like how Colm Wilkinson only gets to cameo as the bishop in Les Mis even though I still think he'd be solid as Valjean.
    I think so too, but I am excited to see Hugh Jackman's take on Valjean...However I am not that excited to hear Russel Crowe as Javert.

Jessica Jung from SNSD, she has a really good voice that stands out a lot, compared to the other members, although the other members' are pretty good too!

The singer of Grimes, Claire Boucher. The way she controls her voice is just amazing, I love it a lot and her music is also very good.

And last, the singer of Lights, Valerie Anne Poxleitner, I love her voice a lot too, it's more less like Jessica's, one more reason I love it.

Old God
    Kate Bush
    Magical voice. Most of my fave songs from her are from the "Hounds of love" album. Quality. Brilliant song writer to, she is just special, in a weird and wonderful way.

This is a bit of a darker song from her.

Lyrics:

It's wonderful.
    Everywhere, so white.
    The river has frozen over.
    Not a soul on the ice.
    Only me skating fast.
    I'm speeding past trees,
    Leaving little lines in the ice,
    Cutting out little lines in the ice,
    Splitting, splitting sound,
    Silver heels spitting, spitting snow.

There's something moving
    Under, under the ice,
    Moving under ice,
    Through water,
    Trying to get out of the cold water.
    "It's me."
    Something, someone--help them.
    "It's me."
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    I think so too, but I am excited to see Hugh Jackman's take on Valjean...However I am not that excited to hear Russel Crowe as Javert.
    Me neither. I've only been able to find a couple clips of his singing, if you can call it that. It's a lot of pitchy yelling. I dread hearing Stars-- with this likely to be so many people's first exposure to the music, I'm worried he'll put a lot of them off.

1. Best singer....... Robert Plant
    2. Fav Music Style....... Rock from alternative - classic

3. Top 10 Songs....

1. When the Levee Breaks
    2. Since I've Been Loving You
    3. How Many More times
    4. Kashmir
    5. Black Dog
    6. Immigrant Song
    7. Whole Lotta Love
    8. No Quarter
    9. D'yer Maker
    10. Tangerine

The Patient
    there's a lot of vocalists I like for various reasons: Warren Zevon for his style, Les Claypool, recently got into Adele's music, Jack White, Serj Tankian, Chris Cornell, Tom Waits... but I think the favorite would be a much lesser-known rock guy named E (also known as Mark Oliver Everett) of the indie-ish rock band Eels

favorite genre would be rock, to be generic about it; metal, grunge, pop-rock (Tom Petty and such), alt-rock... a bit of indie here and there...

as far as why, mostly it's because of his lyrics, the theme that runs through most of his albums tends to be "wow, life sure sucks, but maybe there's a light at the end of the tunnel somewhere" which speaks to me as a pessimist

my top ten for my chosen favorite would be:

1. Novocaine for the Soul
    2. From Which I Came / A Magic World (actual title from the album)
    3. Dog Faced Boy
    4. Mr. E's Beautiful Blues (aka the song from the movie Road Trip "god damn right, it's a beautiful day, uh-huh")
    5. Love of the Loveless
    6. Your Lucky Day in Hell
    7. Hey Man (Now You're Really Living)
    8. Rock Hard Times
    9. The Sound of Fear
    10. Mental
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

Jerome Reuter from Rome has an amazing voice, so deep and colourful and warming. Now, be vary when searching for this particular 'Rome', you mind end up listening to shit rap and r&b. The one I'm talking about is a luxembourgian martial folk act.

Mikael Åkerfeldt from Opeth is also very, very great. I love his ability to so smoothly switch from clear vocals to absolutely stunning growls.

1. Who is your favorite Singer ? (as mentioned above)

I can't say that I have one favorite for sure, I have a lot of them. Among them, Zak Stevens(Savatage, Circle II Circle), Ronnie James Dio(Dio, Black Sabbath), Matt Barlow(Iced Earth), Jon Oliva(Savatage, Trans-Siberian Orchestra), Nils Patrick Johannsen(Wuthering Heights, Astral Doors, various others)...the list could go on. And I can't just list the "top", cause there isn't a "top", I like them all equally, and who I want to hear simply depends on my mood at the time(and the musical style I want to hear. Barlow and Stevens both kick ass, but since Zak sings in a theatrical prog metal band and Matt sings in a power/thrash band, I'm not likely to pop in something Zak sings on if I'm in an angry mood and wanting something fast and aggressive to blast)

2. What is your favorite genre of music ? (i.e) pop or rock or hip hop or rap etc..,

Metal and classic rock are my top choices.

3. Why do you like him/her ?

I like them all for various reasons. The power in their voice, the tone and style, the range and technique...depends on which singer. Like, with Zak Stevens, I love the power and tone of his voice, I love the passion in his singing. With Jon, Savatage's other singer, I love his range, his intense emotional delivery, his ability to truly convey that he feels what he is singing.

4. Mention your top 10 songs of your favorite singer ?

I'll go with 5 songs each from Zak and Jon
    Jon:
    When the Crowds Are Gone(one of my favorite songs, ever)
    Gutter Ballet
    Hall of the Mountain King
    Believe
    Doesn't Matter Anyway

Zak:
    Chance
    Watching in Silence
    This Isn't What We Meant
    The Wake of Magellan
    The Hourglass

All songs are performed by Savatage, with the exception of Watching in Silence, by Circle II Circle(it sounds like a Savatage song though and even the title is a callback to a lyric from Savatage's "This is the Time", which Zak also song on).