Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Tanking 5 man Heroics in DPS gear?

So last night with an iLvl of 401 in Prot DPS gear or so I was able to tank all of Temple and Stormstout in as Prot at lvl 85 with next to no problems even while chain and mass pulling. I know these instances are tuned for ilvl of 358, but this still reminds me of all the fun I had tanking old Wrath heroics at 80 with 80% arp in ICC gear as prot.

At what ilevel do you think you will be able to tank MoP introductory heroic 5 mans with all DPS gear? Taking in to account your healer's skill and gear of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Deleted
    You can tank heroic 5 mans in 420 gear, as they are an utter joke sadly

10+ Year Old Account
    420 prot or DPS gear? If that's 420 DPS gear.... what the fuck. They should at most be DPS gear tankable in, like, 489 gear...

Deleted
    In DPS gear, challenge modes are what the real heroics are really. Heroics modes are just glorified dungeons, we didn't really notice the difference going from mogu'shun normal to heroic

10+ Year Old Account
    Any hints on how to convince LFD/PUG healers that I can tank Heroics in 440 DPS gear at 90? Or conving plate DPS to let me roll DPS on gear? I don't really feel like sitting in a queue for 30-45 minutes if I can easily do heroics without being queued as DPS...

Guess I could just form a group in trade or ask guildies. If I can't do the above at all at least I can have a good time rolling Heroics later.

Also I think Mionee said she soloed some of the Heroics at 90 in premade PVP gear- I guess she wasn't kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Any hints on how to convince LFD/PUG healers that I can tank Heroics in 440 DPS gear at 90? Or conving plate DPS to let me roll DPS on gear? I don't really feel like sitting in a queue for 30-45 minutes if I can easily do heroics without being queued as DPS...

Guess I could just form a group in trade or ask guildies. If I can't do the above at all at least I can have a good time rolling Heroics later.

Also I think Mionee said she soloed some of the Heroics at 90 in premade PVP gear- I guess she wasn't kidding.
    i'm not here to judge or anyting. but pls don't roll on dps plate gear.
    because we wasted 30-45 min to join. someting you didn''t want to do.

Lol... If the need button is there, you can bet I am pressing need on plate gear. Every plate wearer has the ability to que as a healer or tank. If your not good enough to do either, then don't complain when the paladin tank/healer dk tank or warr tank needs on dps gear. If they had not qued as a tank, your que would be even longer.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I guess it's more a fantasy than anything- I'll rarely if ever do that; more likely I'd just try to make a group with no other plate dps'ers in it. But the question about how to phrase it to a PUG healer or reluctant guildy still stands.

I wouldn't be trying to do this right away on second thought- learn the basics of the fight on normal, get dps geared and only do it for tank gearing with people I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Lol... If the need button is there, you can bet I am pressing need on plate gear. Every plate wearer has the ability to que as a healer or tank. If your not good enough to do either, then don't complain when the paladin tank/healer dk tank or warr tank needs on dps gear. If they had not qued as a tank, your que would be even longer.
    That's the most retarded logic ever. How does being a tank/healer require anymore skill than DPSing. I'm a tank and I expect dps plate to not roll on tank gear just as much as I wouldn't roll on their dps plate.

I guarantee you rage when a dps rolls on your tank plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    You are a sad player. Being a tank is easy, anyone still trying to pretend it is a difficult, or entitling, roll is simply fooling themselves. Honestly, I can't wait till Blizzard puts the LFR loot model into 5 mans. Can't wait to see all the players like you QQing that if you want to get dps gear, you have to queue as dps and suffer queue times. When you do begin the tears, remember that it is bogus players like you that created the need for it.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    i'm not here to judge or anyting. but pls don't roll on dps plate gear.
    because we wasted 30-45 min to join. someting you didn''t want to do.
    Plenty of shit you can do in 30 minutes. The rules are in place, and if the group feels the tank is being an asshole they can usually kick him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rpgeesus View Post
    That's the most retarded logic ever. How does being a tank/healer require anymore skill than DPSing. I'm a tank and I expect dps plate to not roll on tank gear just as much as I wouldn't roll on their dps plate.

I guarantee you rage when a dps rolls on your tank plate.
    Yeah, I don't roll on dps gear because I don't want them to roll on tank gear. If it's the last boss, though, I'll roll on dps gear and only feel a slight twinge of guilt.

I love the 'I'm a healer / tank, I deserve all the loot' mentality. People really show their true colours when it comes to getting their hands on new gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Strigoii View Post
    I love the 'I'm a healer / tank, I deserve all the loot' mentality. People really show their true colours when it comes to getting their hands on new gear.
    Raid leaders like it when I'm flexible. I don't like waiting for dps queues. That's really all there is to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    Plenty of shit you can do in 30 minutes. The rules are in place, and if the group feels the tank is being an asshole they can usually kick him.
    So you can wait around for another 15+ min while he gets another run instantly. Flawless logic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    Raid leaders like it when I'm flexible. I don't like waiting for dps queues. That's really all there is to it.
    Than show respect and either ask the dps if you can roll with him and hope he sais yes, or your guild should help you get the dps gear.

And honestly if you were in my guild I'd kick you if I'd know how you got geared.

Can't expect anything but that behavior in that environment and only Blizzard could fix it if they actually wanted it to be fixed.
    That said I can easily tank with dps gear in a full guild group but I wouldn't trust a random group on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    So you can wait around for another 15+ min while he gets another run instantly. Flawless logic.
    Problem?????

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Don't like it? Spec prot like I did. I only take plate dps gear from jerks though as I pass on the pieces otherwise.

I mean hell, when I'm tanking 5-mans, I barely get a plate dps in the group and can usually take all of the loot usually.

Just saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just tried tanking normal Shadowpan Monastery and call me bad but the last half right before the last boss was not DPS tanking friendly at all, especially if people won't click the god damn monk corpses while the adds are wailing on you. I don't think I am going to try this until I get pretty good DPS gear and have learned the new active mitigation prot better.