Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    dont level peanuts he is the worst lol

a level 14 monk hit my dragon same level for 800, aka about 90% of my pets hp....fucking monks

10+ Year Old Account
    how does elementium geode....dude do?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    The best pets are those you like the most.
    Along with your name and your pic, that sounds very wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got beat up by a Singing Sunflower, it hits really hard and has a HoT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Running Sprite Darter Hatchling, Lil' Rag, and Muckbreath. I have to stay Lil' Rag is almost useless due to his one type skill-set, while Muckbreath and SDH are pretty freakin' amazing. If one can't clean up, another can!
    Too many classes, too little time. Completionist yet lazy.

Deleted
    MY strongest combo so far is an Oracle, a pandaren monk and a mini xt.

Not going to explain my tactics, but I win almost every match against any team with one or more dragonkin/beast/mechanic

The nether ray fry is pretty good imo because all of his attacks are different types, so he gets great type coverage. Included in that is arcane blast which does more and more damage if used in succession.
    If you're losing an argument, insult their grammar/spelling.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will destroy you single handly and make you emo with my lil'Ragnaros :P

Lava bath hits all of your pets
    Trap set
    Fire bath sets you on fire :P

Store pets like Ragnaros and Panda monk. This was the reason pet battles exist, to boost blizzard store sales.

Also i refuse to do pet battle.

My Sporeling is extremely strong with the humanoid selfheal + leech seed thingy.

Scourged Whelp is also damn strong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Store pets like Ragnaros and Panda monk. This was the reason pet battles exist, to boost blizzard store sales.

Also i refuse to do pet battle.
    Haha, you think you know, but you don't battle? My Nether Ray Fry fries Monks in two turns And Raggie is no problem against a healer type pet or one who is strong against his type. My basic setup is a Crimson Lasher, Nether Ray Fry and Darkmoon Zeppelin. I switch a Mirror Strider in for certain NPC fights. Works like a charm.

Spiders are OP for sure and fire hawk is pretty good as well.

Deleted
    Just try out a Disgusting Oozeling or something similar at level 20, and you will see. First you put up a 3 round DoT that also increases damage taken by 25%, then you put up a second DoT which, again, increases the damage you do by a set amount, lastly your main attack is a no cooldown ability called Absorb which heals you for 100% of the damage done, which is being boosted massively by the 2 DoTs. And then you just repeat that cycle, while the DoTs tick for at least 300 a round at level 25.

The strongest pets are those with good defensive abilities. Ragnaros and Monk are just bad, most users of these pets tend to ragequit the battle ater the 1st neutralization of their carefully planned (lol) nuke.

Also there are some extremly popular cheesy pets at 25 with brainless playstyle behind them.

Oozling - debuff, debuff. If enemy swaps the pet, it will die by the strong dots, buffed by each other. If the pet stays, we spam drain life, it hits for 400 and heals for 200 with debuffs up. Easy to counter, if you know the game.

Shadeling - about the same idea, debuff and drain, you will hit for 200 and heal yourself for 200 at the same time. Easy to counter, if you know the game.

Crawdad with extra hp - tranc, wish, hitting ability. You rotate heals and hit the enemy in small windows in rotation. So, it is 1900 hp pet which heals for 950 every couple of turns and has a hot ticking for about 150 every turn. A bit hard to counter, here you'll need the pet with the ability to create constant dps pressure and you should not waste its hp on anything but the crab. Any descent pet with AB should do the job.

Common crab - shield, tranc, hitting ability. The same thing - rotate defensive buffs, sometimes hit the enemy. Really stron g if the enemy relies on DoTs and multi-hitting abilities. Again, to counter it you will need a hard-hitting pet at full health.

Also you can try and mix in your team some pets with buff|debuff purge (Fetish shaman, for instance) and object-removal ability (broom, waveling). Personally, I didn't find it yseful, but it could really help sometimes, especially if your opponent is a bit slow and can't adapt to your tricks.
    Last edited by Mithfin; 2012-10-22 at 07:52 AM.

I imagine moths got nerfed since the beta, but the 3-moth team was the default I.Win comp for a long time.

Frogs and aquatic in general are probably still OP though.

The store pets and promotion pets like murlocs seems very strong, at least in early levels, but not so sure at 25.
    I concluded that the ghosts lost of lorderon only tameable as lvl1 at undead start area might be one of the strongest at lvl25 for example, even if it will be a pain to level up(becuse critters are strong vs undead and most fighting while leveling is vs critters)

Quote Originally Posted by Konoz View Post
    He can kill himself and for 9 turns the enemy TEAM takes 50% more dmg.
    Meaning that you lose 33% of your team to deal 50% additional damage. 50% more damage means they'll die 33% faster. So what the skull does is basically to remove itself from the equation and then level the playing field for the remaining pets. At the cost of one action and one pet swap, and assuming the remaining two battles are over within 9 turns. The only redeeming quality is that the skull is undead, meaning you can use this as your action of choice during the "revive" turn. In which case the ability is decent, but not necessarily worth bringing the skull for.

Personally, I like the mechanical squirrel. Good synergy between abilities allowing you to deliver quite a lot of damage, combined with the mechanical self-revive.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

For leveling/training, the Onyxian Whelpling/Spawn of Onyxia is strong because of its heal (heal for base amount + half the last hit taken, only weak against multi-hit attacks).

Mini Thor is freakin HP wise.