Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Personally my favorite thing to do(since I have to level fishing) is to fly on normal mount looking for my salmon pools, find one, dismount in mid air and then hit my zen flight. Go on my business fishing and when I am done, hit my normal mount again(while already on cloud). Watching some people fight mobs trying to get to the pool makes me giggle as I am on my cloud above the water fishing!!!

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurpa View Post
    Personally my favorite thing to do(since I have to level fishing) is to fly on normal mount looking for my salmon pools, find one, dismount in mid air and then hit my zen flight. Go on my business fishing and when I am done, hit my normal mount again(while already on cloud). Watching some people fight mobs trying to get to the pool makes me giggle as I am on my cloud above the water fishing!!!
    The best way to do this is with a /castsequence macro. I have one that I plan on using rather heavily when farming.

  3. #23
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Dog Park
    Posts
    4,041
    i just wish it wasn't so damned expensive, it's 400+ gold on my server right now, and i just can't afford that.

  4. #24
    I wish I saw this thread before buying it. I thought that the glyph would give me flight that scaled with every other mount... 1k gold on my server. Boy was I wrong.

  5. #25
    they need to make it go what your flight speed is IMO... Druids should not eb the only class with the ability to harvest things while flying.

  6. #26
    The Lightbringer Sesto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    i just wish it wasn't so damned expensive, it's 400+ gold on my server right now, and i just can't afford that.
    You can't afford 400 gold? You make like 10k+ just from questing 85-90....

  7. #27
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Dog Park
    Posts
    4,041
    Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    You can't afford 400 gold? You make like 10k+ just from questing 85-90....
    new character, new realm, starting from scratch, no heirlooms, no alts, currently only lvl 69. and 10k sounds like an exaggeration to me
    and luckily somone posted it for ~30g the other night so i picked it up.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    new character, new realm, starting from scratch, no heirlooms, no alts, currently only lvl 69. and 10k sounds like an exaggeration to me
    and luckily somone posted it for ~30g the other night so i picked it up.
    It's not. I've made about 2k from 85-86 and one of my friends who's level 88 now has made like 7-8k

  9. #29
    Really depends on your rest, your experience multiplier and uptime (10% from guild, 20% from enlightenment) and how many quests you did versus dungeons. My monk made under 6k leveling from 85 to 90, but he only had to do Jade Forest, 4 winds, and 3/4 of kun-lai summit to hit 90. There are a ton of quests remaining.

  10. #30
    Mechagnome Nerdpride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    São Paulo, Brazil.
    Posts
    622
    Got this for 40g on my server.
    Really useful on some quests, loved it on some Cata quests that were annoying due to lots of mobs around. Specially in Deepholme. Not so useful for travelling :P


    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    new character, new realm, starting from scratch, no heirlooms, no alts, currently only lvl 69. and 10k sounds like an exaggeration to me
    and luckily somone posted it for ~30g the other night so i picked it up.
    Im @ 86.
    Started with around 300-400g and now i'm sitting at 2200g and bought Artisan flying already.

    Questing gives TONS of Gold, 80-85 alone gave me around 4K-ish of gold through quests and selling items. When i bought Artisan flying i got really poor but 85-86 managed to give around 2K.
    Last edited by Nerdpride; 2012-10-03 at 09:35 PM.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.
    Flickr

  11. #31
    how i wish this could be cast indoors!

  12. #32
    Mechagnome the9tail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    548
    Srsly my favourite part of being a monk. Skinning is awesome with it, mounting mid air with it is awesome and questing is awesome. I just wish i would auto dismount when i attack things.

  13. #33
    The speed per the character pane is 175%, but that is with all guild perks.

  14. #34
    At first I was also under the impression of "Nimbus!" But... its fun to fly arround...

  15. #35
    Scarab Lord Unholyground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,593
    If everyone complains enough they will increase the speed.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”

    -Christopher Hitchens, 13 April 1949 – 15 December 2011

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    No you need a flight license, as per the tooltip. Also while it does work like druid flight form for picking up quest items, etc, it also breaks if you take damage-- so if a mob gets aggro on you, it will almost certainly hit you at least once.
    Well either your's is bugged because it breaks, or mine is bugged because it doesn't. But I regularly land in the middle of a pile of mobs to pick up quest items from the ground and it has never broken from taking damage.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    If everyone complains enough they will increase the speed.
    Doubt it. Minor glyphs are designed to be a small flavor thing.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown User View Post
    Well either your's is bugged because it breaks, or mine is bugged because it doesn't. But I regularly land in the middle of a pile of mobs to pick up quest items from the ground and it has never broken from taking damage.
    It did break back in beta, so that's a pretty incredible improvement.

  19. #39
    Scarab Lord Unholyground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,593
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Doubt it. Minor glyphs are designed to be a small flavor thing.
    You know not the power of QQ
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”

    -Christopher Hitchens, 13 April 1949 – 15 December 2011

  20. #40
    being able to fish wile using this plus cast anything while in the air and reapply it before falling actually makes this really interesting for utility. Very unique skill overall, it's not a flying replacement, it's more about allowing you to do stuff in the air.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •