Lvl 85 PVP gear?

Okay so I PVP'd up to level 80 with a frost mage and then Cata exp was nerfed so I flew to level 85 without doing any PVP and then put that character away until Mop was released since I wanted to level a Warlock for MoP. If I want to get into PVP with my frost mage will level 85 PVP gear from Cata content work in level 85-89 MoP PVP? I don't have any PVP gear since level 70 so I will need to get some (and I only have 300 honor).

How much PVP power/resilence will I need for a frost mage level 85?

None. Cata PvP gear will be irrelevant unless you're planning to lock your experience at 85.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    In a similar vein to what happened in the 80-84 battlegrounds during Cata I imagine that the leveling gear from MoP is going to be superior once you are 86+ as the healthpools will be increasing significantly once again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually beat a level 87 warrior on my 85 warrior yesterday. Not trying to stroke my ego, just trying to point out that level 85 gear isn't completely useless.

Kinda like how the PVE gear will be side grades till about lvl 88 content then it you start to see the vast improvement in stats.