Question Some questions about Balance and it's Eclipses.

I am fairly new to the Balance spec, but i do understand how the Eclipse system works.

However what i do not get is, which Eclipse is better for single-target and which is for AoE damage?

Also, since Starfall has some unusual star/target limits and those Mushrooms are weird, is there a point where one Eclipse becomes better for AoE than the other Eclipse (like a number of targets or an amount of a certain stat)?

Is it worth using the Astral Communion (4 second cast that gives you 100 points in a certain Eclipse direction) during combat - if so, then under what conditions?

I noticed that the Balance guide on this forum is only updated for patch 4.3, which suggests that it is not a favored spec among Druids
    Thank you for reading and helping me out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I am fairly new to the Balance spec, but i do understand how the Eclipse system works.

However what i do not get is, which Eclipse is better for single-target and which is for AoE damage?

Also, since Starfall has some unusual star/target limits and those Mushrooms are weird, is there a point where one Eclipse becomes better for AoE than the other Eclipse (like a number of targets or an amount of a certain stat)?

Is it worth using the Astral Communion (4 second cast that gives you 100 points in a certain Eclipse direction) during combat - if so, then under what conditions?

I noticed that the Balance guide on this forum is only updated for patch 4.3, which suggests that it is not a favored spec among Druids
    Sunfyre has stated he will be posting the guide shortly after launch. However if you read through the comments on that thread and the MoP balance discussion thread there is a lot of information regarding everything you asked
    >(^v^)< <(^v^)> >(^v^)< <(^v^)> ^(^v^)v v(^v^)^ ^(^v^)v <(^v^<) <(___)> (>^v^)> <(^v^)> >(^v^)< ^(^v^)v v(^v^)^
    - Moonkin Dance: It's better than yours

My Armory

Lunar is the best single target but beyond knowing the fact, there is no way to stay in it if you do single target rotation.

Up to 3 targets you can mutlidot, when you have more, make sure you are in Solar for maximum AoE but Lunar will suffice as well.

AC isn't to be used rotationally but per-fight and during downtime along with mushrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post

Mushrooms AoE (in solar eclipse) rocked in cataclysm.
    From my short experience in MoP (half through to 88 lvl now) it looks like you re better with casting mushrooms only before the pull.
    In combat it s better to multidot with moonfire and sunfire in any eclipse, and use its proc (Shooting Stars) to starsurge instantly, and mushrooms seem to do much less damage than that.
    IMO Astral Communion should be used always before the pull (or even - always after combat when you end combat in noneclipse state, to be prepared for the next pull).
    Using Astal Communion in combat for me (so far) looks like a waste of time.
    Even if you start combat in noneclipse state, beforementioned Starsurge procs will get you to eclipse state fast.
    I must add here that I use Soul of the Forest (Tier 4 talent).
    Sometimes I also cast Celestial Alignment when I just go out of eclipse and see multi target situation coming.
    With Celestial Alignment you cast both sunfire and moonfire with 1 click - just applying Moonfire, which in multitarget combat gives insane Starsurge proc, often leading to chain Starsurging.
    In boss fights it s best to remember to keep moonfire and/or sunfire on any add that shows up, which doubles (with 1 add) and triples (with 2nd add) the chance of your Starsurge procs.
    All that works better if you remember to reforge to CRIT as best secondary stat now.

Doing all that in dungs I currently top dmg recount (in 90 % cases), even if I am only 87 and I get 88, and 89 lvl other classes to compete with.
    This leads me to worrying about future boomkin nerfs, cos I frequently feel OP.
    Perhaps this will balance out at lvl 90.

Saying all that I admit I could be proven wrong so lets wait for other opinions.
    Last edited by mikoslav; 2012-09-27 at 08:35 AM.

Deleted
    Pro / bro tip, have a look at manaflasks MoP guides. Everything should be properly explained there

Thanks for your advices