Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

So you guys think they'll ever be an expansion where Mages aren't completely broken?

4th expansion in a row where Mages are just face fucking everything in PvP.

TBC they gave Mages more DPS
    WotLK they gave them more CCs/stuns
    Cata they gave them tons of kiting
    MoP gave them a trillion ways to shield themselves and heal back up. What's that? You miraculously brought a Mage down to low HP? LOL, psych! Cauterize bitch! Try again... psych! Alter Time! Try again. Psych Temperal Shield! Try again. Psych! CC--full heal from Evo. Try again.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly think I wouldn't enjoy this game if Mages weren't so powerful. I'm so used to their dominance over the years that it wouldn't be the same if they were bad.

It also bothers me that people still complain about Mages. I feel like most Mages I fight in a 1v1 are terrible or insanely good. And I highly respect the insanely good ones. People always think mages take no skill. Yeah sure they don't in the 1200 brackets or in random bgs. However, in high rated play, mages are probably one of the hardest classes to play.

In before someone says "LOL my friend played a mage for a week and got 2400."

Deleted
    Feels relevant:

hahah no

sorry.
    OBEY THE PUG!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    4th expansion in a row where Mages are just face fucking everything in PvP.
    This is where I stopped reading.

Broken means something isn't working right.
    "face fucking everything in pvp" is nowhere near "broken". It's overpowered, true, but not broken. Broken would be if they weren't able to do anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post
    Feels relevant:
    That signature of yours is hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    This is where I stopped reading.

Broken means something isn't working right.
    "face fucking everything in pvp" is nowhere near "broken". It's overpowered, true, but not broken. Broken would be if they weren't able to do anything.
    So you stopped reading because of semantics? Broken can also mean the class isn't working the way it should. In this case, it's broken towards being too powerful instead of too weak.

/sigh

If you take life too literally, you're going to have a shitty life, my friend. (Just so you know, I am not really your friend. It's a form of expression. In case you take that literal as well)

---------- Post added 2012-09-26 at 07:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post
    Feels relevant:

Holy shit, I laughed so hard at that. Nice one.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2012-09-26 at 07:47 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

So you stopped reading because of semantics? Broken can also mean the class isn't working the way it should. In this case, it's broken towards being too powerful instead of too weak.

/sigh

If you take life too literally, you're going to have a shitty life, my friend. (Just so you know, I am not really your friend. It's a form of expression. In case you take that literal as well)

---------- Post added 2012-09-26 at 07:50 PM ----------

Holy shit, I laughed so hard at that. Nice one.
    "Sengura plants his flag of Ownership!"

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Since class balancing is based on highest level of the xpac referenced, can you explain how a class is broken because people learn how to play a class to its fullest advantage?

Or are you just not good at pvp against mages?
    Black Dragonflight: Kalel (Paladin), Ramage (Death Knight), Liquidc (Warrior), Aerynsùn (Monk), Nahdar (Shaman), Tokare (Druid), Jenista (Priest), Anabolix (Rogue), Findecano (Hunter), Lohra (Mage), Luminya (Warlock)

Deleted
    So you stopped reading because of semantics?
    No, I stopped reading because I identified it as a whine and I'm out of cheese.

Deleted
    I have a problem with them on my spriest yeah :'(. Given i'm not complete full pvp gear, and this is at 85 since my MoP hasn't come yet, i struggle alot .

It feels like im a healer that just try to outlast and heal myself between my own CC.

As soon as a mage shows up or i duel him ->

Poly > Ring > Dragons Breath > Deep > Counterspell

If i try fear:
    Trinket
    If i try silence:
    Iceblock

If i blow my dispersion through that CC and still survive, he can do it again 20 sec later, because all his cc is 20-30 sec CD. What the hell am i suposed to do when they have this much CC at such low cooldowns? It's worse than rogues.

Warrior: Charge-> Fear->berserker rage-> root -> Trinket->dispersion&run->charge+stun-> proceed to rape me because i can't get my health back with no chance to cast a heal or get any free time

Basically all i can do is heal myself + Shadowword Pain and wait till they have used all their CC breaks, which sucks

Who the hell says shadow priests are OP? Yeah maybe if you're able to freecast and multidot, but i sure as hell aint OP when im getting trained by these CC immune classes -.-

Edit: And i get CC:d ALOT in every stupid bg, thus removing any fun i could have. People always put CC on me all the time as soon as i show up, but when im on my paly nobody seem to care that i have popped all CDs and that im raping their healer. Sup with that?
    Last edited by mmocdd0538594c; 2012-09-26 at 11:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swolltitan View Post
    Or are you just not good at pvp against mages?
    There is no such thing as being good at PvP against Mages...

As long as the lead DEV continues to roll a mage it will never change,and yes he rolls a mage his girlfriend a rogue..."Time Life Coincidence" I don't think so.

In the rock paper scissors world Mages are the gun.

Then need a hard counter class that really screws over all their abilities. Thought it was hunters but Monks even perhaps? Ill wait till 90 to see how pvp all pans out.

Fire mages can diaf...oh the irony

found it odd how when locks dominated 3's for alot of cata mages got the rage

Yeah we're pretty easy to pick up but a crappy played mage is just that crappy. We win 1v1s in frost all the time but pvp isn't balanced around duels.

Mages have always been strong WHICH IS GOOD. I dont think blizzard is aiming for every single class to have OP moment and Strong moments then be worthless for XX months then buff them .I think they want balance which means they need to buff good parts of people nerf a bit of mages

I used to think the same as you (with my main being a warrior), until in Cata, I rolled a mage and did arena and rated bgs. Most random mages I saw in battlegrounds struggled a lot. This has been the case throughout Cataclysm and up until now. A great mage takes a great player -- especially in arenas. The skill cap is quite high. If you struggle against poor or mediocre mages, then you probably play a class it hard counters.

Mages have obviously more tools than any other class. They combine the best 4 things you can have in pvp:
    - Best CC in game (you can shut down any opponent)
    - Good self-heals
    - Excellent mobility
    - Highest burst

The only problem is, with so many keys to bind, most still fail at pvp. They are so spoiled by Blizzard that priority system leave a big chuck of error from a pvp player lacking discipline. The bads (90% of mage pop) can ony RoF / DF / Nova + blink. It makes the game imbalance easier to accept i guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Mages have obviously more tools than any other class. They combine the best 4 things you can have in pvp:
    - Best CC in game (you can shut down any opponent)
    - Good self-heals
    - Excellent mobility
    - Highest burst

The only problem is, with so many keys to bind, most still fail at pvp. They are so spoiled by Blizzard that priority system leave a big chuck of error from a pvp player lacking discipline. The bads (90% of mage pop) can ony RoF / DF / Nova + blink. It makes the game imbalance easier to accept i guess.
    Exactly what I wanted to say.
    Qui a rejeté son démon nous importune avec ses anges.
    -Henri Michaux

Dunno why the mage rage threads are always so dumb. Also dishonest.

Mages were well balanced in TBC; warlocks were the OP casters there, and there was a point in time where the average mage would get soloed by a felhunter + dots. Elemental and warlocks outburst them in Lich King. Top two pvp caster in Cataclysm, so you have somewhat of a case there, although they were joined to the hip to rogues or warlocks yet again in 3's comps.

In Pandaria, the biggest problems with them is two things:

- Frost Bomb's burst

- too much CC for fire; Deep Freeze, shorter Combustion cooldown for stun, Dragon's Breath, Ring of Frost

Fix those two

Mages are stupid for all the reasons you gave, high skill cap with lowest skill floor.
    Random win buttons etc, no wonder every keyboard turning backpeddler plays one atm (or spriest).

I feel they balance mages with the player being a keyboard turner clicker. Maybe they should balance them on actual good players with binds. And now rogues are "nerfed", who's going to counter them? I feel the vanilla hierachy (except then it was warrior and rogue) is coming back where most of the classes are scissor, mages are rock and maybe 1-2 specs are paper. Such a bullshit again. I think majority of players would have more fun if mages are toned down and brought in line with the rest of mortal classes. Fotm rerollers always have fun rerolling fotm and good mages will understand they are OP after interrupt and dispell nerfs and the extra tools they got.