Into the Realm of Shadows!

Let me just start out by saying it's just an idea. Something that would be nice to see in the future.

Death Knights have Acherus and a portal to it, so of course there is no reason whatsoever to add this.

But I was thinking about death knight lore the other day and it surprised me how developed they are.

Deathchargers, runeblades which may or may not have their own personal realm within them. (may likely only have been a trait exclusive to Frostmourne, because it was more than just a vampiric runeblade.)

And of course, the Shadow Realm/Realm of Shadow. Does anyone remember it?

Azeroth, but much like the Spirit World. (not completely)

In fact; your character obtained its deathcharger by executing the stolen scarlet steed and fighting it for control in the Shadow Realm.

To get to the point: I'd love it if the death knights would get their own equivalent of the monk's Zen Pilgrimage which isn't the Acherus Portal, merely because it'd be cool and it'd have so much potential to be a cool lore ability.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Realm_of_Shadows

Realm of Shadows

The Realm of Shadows (aka Shadow Realm or World of Shadows) is a dimension. It appears as a shadowy version of the real world.

Summoners

Apparently, powerful death knights such as Lady Alistra, Salanar the Horseman, Koltira Deathweaver and the Lich King can teleport others (and probably themselves) to and from it.

As for how it'd work:

Maybe, like with the Zen Pilgrimage ability, you get teleported to a set location in the Realm of Shadows and you can then explore it if you'd even want to.

And then when you disable it, you will be back at where your character's physical body first entered the Realm of Shadows.

It's just an idea, but I think it would be easy to create and would add even more depth to death knights and especially in case of roleplaying.

Your thoughts?

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

You're asking too much work from developers. It's not like they can't afford it, they just don't bother. Monks are new class etc., but imo DKs are only ahead in design phylosophy (really complex resource system, better though out abilities, better lore). I played monk in beta and must say it wasn't as fun as i expected it to be - resource system rogueish (just combo points on themself) and it's a let down for a first new class in a few years to have so much similarity to class from vanila. First playing DK in WoltK i couldn't stop enjoying it, playing monk i was forcing myself till i got bored.
    Last edited by Nyaldee; 2012-09-27 at 07:45 AM.

I actually kinda like this idea, though I'll admit part of that is jealousy over how Zen Pilgrimage is implemented, insofar as it allows you to return to (more or less) your previous location. One solution to this would be that the death knight can portal to Acherus, then use Death Gete to return. There is a certain amount of story precedence for this, since NPC DKs regularly portal into various locations that aren't Acherus during quests.

Something like this would also be intriguing simply for the exploration aspect. Having said that, since Wrath is over I can see them being reluctant to add more content only a single class would have access to.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, especially if properly sharpened and in the hands of a well trained ninja.